YorkshireDales300

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

yorkshirebiking

YorkshireDales300

Post by yorkshirebiking »

http://riderscyclecentre.com/?page_id=2568

27th June 2015

60 places. Please get in touch so I can pencil you in. More info and proposed route via the link. Please send an email to riderscyclecentre@live.co.uk to confirm your place/attendance.

Cheers.
Last edited by yorkshirebiking on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richpips

Re: YorkshireDales300

Post by Richpips »

Looks good.

Does this wording need changing ? "YD300 Grand Depart will be on the 1st weekend of July."

Is the GPX file correct at the start? It heads E into a cul de sac before retracing?

The section by Birkwith Cave doesn't appear follow a track? Same with Cross Pot to Hunt Pot and Dale Mire to Borrins
Chew

Post by Chew »

Richpips wrote:Cross Pot to Hunt Pot
Theres a new track there thats not on the map/images. Not sure about the others.

One thing I would mention is the amount of walkers which may be encountered along certain parts of the route and potential conflict with people doing the 3 Peaks. Down the side of Whernside to the viaduct is a motorway of walkers on a sunny day and at the end of July there will be a mass of the usual charity events going on.
yorkshirebiking

The route mapped out is a guide to what to expect. I will do a practice run and post the entire trail prior to the event.

The BW around Whernside could be busy ( I will check to see if any walking event clashes) but Im hoping that this short section is far enough into the ride to have everyone well spaced out.

There are still 7 months to go and I only thought up the idea, planned a route, posted online a few hrs ago :) Much fettling and revising ahead I imagine.
yorkshirebiking

Don't know what happened there but the dead end at the start has been amended.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd have left it in ... but I'm a bastard :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Chew

Post by Chew »

s8tannorm wrote:
I'd have left it in ... but I'm a bastard :wink:
Dont worry, theres a couple of Tussock sections in there, just for you :wink:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Chew wrote: Dont worry, theres a couple of Tussock sections in there, just for you :wink:
poor show.... And I've just sent them an email saying I am interested in the event, but I won't be racing.
Plus I've not looked at next years holiday diary as yet.
Chew

Post by Chew »

JohnClimber wrote:And I've just sent them an email saying I am interested in the event, but I won't be racing.
Why would anyone want to take up one of the limited places if they they had no intention of racing or even turning up :roll:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Chew wrote:
JohnClimber wrote:And I've just sent them an email saying I am interested in the event, but I won't be racing.
Why would anyone want to take up one of the limited places if they they had no intention of racing or even turning up :roll:
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.

I will be there and I will be going for it, but I should have said that I won't be racing for a podium place, just for my own personal achievment
ir_bandito

Post by ir_bandito »

Dropped you an email. Quite fancy it to persuade me that bikepacking IS fun, despite Stu's best intentions on the BB200. Damn sight closer to home too so logistics are easier.
composite

Post by composite »

I'm on the list, signed up today. Decided that even though I "qualified" for the Highland Trail I want to get a bunch more shorter ITT's in first.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

composite wrote: Decided that even though I "qualified" for the Highland Trail I want to get a bunch more shorter ITT's in first.

same here Neil!
ir_bandito

Post by ir_bandito »

Just put the gpx into bikehike for a quick look.

Wow.

:-)
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

First post here so hi everyone :grin:

I've put my name down for this as my first official ITT. I'm local to the area so know most of the trails but haven't ridden them all in one go before. Hopefully I'll have done some long training rides by the time we are on the starting line.

Looking at the route on the gpsies link, I think there are one or two mistakes - the line up Fremington Edge for example - but sure that Stuart will iron them out in the coming months. The line I'm not sure about is that dropping from Cam High Road down in to the forest as it isn't marked on the map as a bridleway but I don't know what it's like on the ground.

Bob
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Looks like the latest version of the route just landed in our in-boxes.

Time to take a look at it :)
yorkshirebiking

Coming off Cam High road down towards the B6255 (Ribble Way) is a grass track 400yrds to a fence then a hard track down to the road. Its part of the Pennine Bridleway so all ok. Its also a bloody good descent so have some whooping fun.
Climbing out of High Fremmington onto Fremmington Edge is a road then onto a track. Again all ok and legal.
ir_bandito

Post by ir_bandito »

AARRGGHH!!
I'm probably going to have to bail on this. 99% certain I'm moving house the following friday (waiting for solicitors to confirm) so spending the weekend playing on bikes isn't seen as a sensible thing to be doing. Rats. :-(
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

yorkshirebiking wrote:Coming off Cam High road down towards the B6255 (Ribble Way) is a grass track 400yrds to a fence then a hard track down to the road. Its part of the Pennine Bridleway so all ok. Its also a bloody good descent so have some whooping fun.
Climbing out of High Fremmington onto Fremmington Edge is a road then onto a track. Again all ok and legal.
Stuart - I think the original route up Fremington edge had a slip of the mouse or the "follow roads" option put something weird in there - it seemed to go out to the house halfway up off to the left. The original route also went to Cam Houses before dropping in to the forestry at Cam Rakes whereas now it doesn't go that far up Cam Road and heads past Ling Gill (one of my favourite hidden spots in the Dales) before picking up the BW from Oughtershaw to Horton.

I did the descent to the B6255 you mention earlier in the year - so much snow I had to push downhill until I got to the hard track, also 6ft drifts on Wold Fell :lol:

One weekend left to sort things out :???:

Bob
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Hoping my Achilles clears up after Bristol Bikefest - if not...well I won't be there.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

GregMay wrote:Hoping my Achilles clears up after Bristol Bikefest - if not...well I won't be there.
I had a dodgy Achilles fixed very rapidly with shockwave therapy earlier this year. Highly recommend it!

Also you'll need to clarify how a DNS will impact on your promise to drink one beer for every hour over 24 ;-)
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

I think a DNS means I have to drink beer for the entire 24hours right?
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

GregMay wrote:I think a DNS means I have to drink beer for the entire 24hours right?

:-bd
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Think it was pretty wet through the night......
gairym

Post by gairym »

ianfitz wrote:I had a dodgy Achilles fixed very rapidly with shockwave therapy earlier this year. Highly recommend it!
Me too late last year, did you find it hurt more than most things or was it just me?

The tendon had been properly used and abused since and still no return of the tendinitis.