The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dave Barter

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm A cooker grill control unit ... #LivingTheDream
I can beat that. My pension forecast #pittance
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
slarge

Post by slarge »

A pair of Selcof rigid carbon forks.... for the hardtail to convert to Tour Divide spec. Nice and light, but quite robust looking.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

A very nice, bright yellow Mountain Equipment HyperLamina Spark front opening sleeping bag from redefined_cycles from around these parts after my appeal on here after seeing Survivor Sammy's one and like a fan boy needed to copy him :oops:
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Some tent pegs from Joe at Wierdos on Bikes - thanks Joe!

Planning a hike/camp with my dog, when the weather picks up (I'm a wuss) and the weight saving over the massive nails that I use with the big tent (car camping) will be appreciated.

Now, I just need to resist the urge to buy a lighter 2 man (or 1 man and his dog) tent...
benp1

Post by benp1 »

An air inflator gun for the compressor. Wanted another for presta valves so I have one for each type and can swap depending on what I'm doing

Tubeless will now be a helluva lot easier!
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and dropped off multiple bags and boxes full of electronic components, and a new soldering iron. Guess that Scandal frame will be waiting another couple of months to get dressed.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Not via the postman but got myself this book, for inspiration and other tips, in the hope I might work on not coming last in this years bb200 (if I'm ready for it in time). Might help me run a marathon too :smile:

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

2 packs of Eneloop AA rechargeable batteries. Quite a surprise as I'd only ordered them yesterday and used the cheap "free post" option which stated it would be Tuesday until they arrived.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

whitestone wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:41 pm 2 packs of Eneloop AA rechargeable batteries. Quite a surprise as I'd only ordered them yesterday and used the cheap "free post" option which stated it would be Tuesday until they arrived.
you lucky wassock :roll: :grin:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Let's see what Sweary Dave has to say

RIP

Post by RIP »

I didn't know you had some trousers like that Dave. Wouldn't mind a pair.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's a very big book isn't it?
May the bridges you burn light your way
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:00 pm It's a very big book isn't it?
It looks good although I've not opened it up yet
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

A wee package from Joe's shop: a couple of pegs, because for some reason I only bought 6 before, and my tent needs 8, and a tiny wooden spatula.

Hi Bridget!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

A Exposure Remote for my Axis, reduced to £6.00, normally around £18.00.
expecting some 8speed chain quick links at £1.00 ea. (beat those two Reginald!)
& cartridge brake blocks for the road bike... (split shipment)
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ledburner wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:52 am A Exposure Remote for my Axis, reduced to £6.00, normally around £18.00.
expecting some 8speed chain quick links at £1.00 ea. (beat those two Reginald!)
& cartridge brake blocks for the road bike... (split shipment)
the other bits turned up., the quick links are in pairs.... a bargain at £1.00 for a, pair of quick links, (thats 4 parts..)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Water-To-Go filter turned up from OS Leisure Shop... erm, but unfortunately without the bottle surrounding it. Rang them up, no problem we'll send the bottle+filter, don't worry about that extra one. So now I have a spare filter, so I'm to good for 350L usage.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

Montane Prism Ultra pull on jacket, from Trekitt reduced to around £70. Went for medium instead of my normal small in Montane and fits lovely. Lighter weight insulation than the standard Prism jacket, and no hood or hand pockets (or refectives, anywhere...). But seems snuggly warm and very packable. Pleased :cool:
May have got the last one in medium but they still had small and large sizes still available. Taunton Leisure also had them discounted, though the saving wasn't quite as good.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

L2R24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:40 pm Montane Prism Ultra pull on jacket, from Trekitt reduced to around £70. Went for medium instead of my normal small in Montane and fits lovely. Lighter weight insulation than the standard Prism jacket, and no hood or hand pockets (or refectives, anywhere...). But seems snuggly warm and very packable. Pleased :cool:
May have got the last one in medium but they still had small and large sizes still available. Taunton Leisure also had them discounted, though the saving wasn't quite as good.
Spooky! I just received a Montane Flux jacket from Taunton Leisure (down from £160-£112 then with a further 10% sale code). I got it to replace my old Prism jacket that has suffered catastrophic zip failure due to me repeatedly fastening it with the waist draw cords tightened up. I won't be using the Flux for biking, it's for all round wear when things are a bit chilly. I find these type of Primaloft jackets far more practical than down for our soggy climate.
faustus

Post by faustus »

Postie sack fit to burst today, very exciting. Stooge moto bars, fabric line saddle, and a new phone all arrived this morning. Couldn't wait to fit the bars and saddle, so now just need a ride to see how it feels...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Jurassic wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:12 pm
L2R24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:40 pm Montane Prism Ultra pull on jacket, from Trekitt reduced to around £70. Went for medium instead of my normal small in Montane and fits lovely. Lighter weight insulation than the standard Prism jacket, and no hood or hand pockets (or refectives, anywhere...). But seems snuggly warm and very packable. Pleased :cool:
Spooky! I just received a Montane Flux jacket from Taunton Leisure (down from £160-£112 then with a further 10% sale code). I got it to replace my old Prism jacket that has suffered catastrophic zip failure due to me repeatedly fastening it with the waist draw cords tightened up. I won't be using the Flux for biking, it's for all round wear when things are a bit chilly. I find these type of Primaloft jackets far more practical than down for our soggy climate.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

I got the prism jacket, from sportsshoes.com, i think it's not the current version as it doesn't have a chest pocket, but the hand pockets are huge. it packs quite small. with the hood it quite warm. Pertex Quantum is new to me and if the DWR coating is durable a waterproof jacket won't be needed.
the only negative is the elastic is quite snug on the wrists... .
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

ledburner wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 pm I got the prism jacket, from sportsshoes.com, i think it's not the current version as it doesn't have a chest pocket, but the hand pockets are huge. it packs quite small. with the hood it quite warm. Pertex Quantum is new to me and if the DWR coating is durable a waterproof jacket won't be needed.
I've had two Prism jackets and they're excellent but there's no way that they're a substitute for a waterproof shell in heavy rain unfortunately.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Jurassic wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:51 pm
ledburner wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 pm I got the prism jacket, from sportsshoes.com, i think it's not the current version as it doesn't have a chest pocket, but the hand pockets are huge. it packs quite small. with the hood it quite warm. Pertex Quantum is new to me and if the DWR coating is durable a waterproof jacket won't be needed.
I've had two Prism jackets and they're excellent but there's no way that they're a substitute for a waterproof shell in heavy rain unfortunately.
thx for the warning... :oops:
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

... and delivered a SeatoSummit Thremolite Reactor sleeping bag liner .. £35 ish from Outdoorgb
My sleeping bag has a nylony inner that's always freezing when I get in , hopefully this'll stop that issue and may add a bit of extra warmth too, though not believing the +8c they suggest :wink: