ledburner

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by ledburner »

JohnClimber wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 pm 29er+ rubber at last
Thanks Shona and Keep Peddling
Surly, ones bigger than the other! :-b
is the front on 29er+ then?! ;)

enjoy...
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

ledburner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:47 am Surly, ones bigger than the other! :-b
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

A copy of Cycling the Great Divide by Michael McCoy. Something to dream about through the coming winter
Boab

Post by Boab »

.. and delivered a new bottom bracket.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Land Rover lego set… :-bd
faustus

Post by faustus »

woodsmith wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 pm A copy of Cycling the Great Divide by Michael McCoy. Something to dream about through the coming winter
If you haven't got it or read it already, John Metcalfe's Dividing The Great is a pretty good one...especially as it's done in a spirit of muddling along (i.e. mistakes and mechanicals), which makes the whole thing seem more achievable.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

voodoo_simon wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:00 pm Land Rover lego set… :-bd
Hah, if posted about the Lego I get I'd be posting a lot more often... :grin:
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Gusset XD converter for Single Speed...had an itch that needed a scratch...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

faustus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 am
woodsmith wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 pm A copy of Cycling the Great Divide by Michael McCoy. Something to dream about through the coming winter
If you haven't got it or read it already, John Metcalfe's Dividing The Great is a pretty good one...especially as it's done in a spirit of muddling along (i.e. mistakes and mechanicals), which makes the whole thing seem more achievable.
the M. Mc Coy book looks like to have plans or dreams afoot... I Enjoyed John Metcalfes book as well..
Paul Howard-Two Wheels My Wagon, is a good read and looks at the America Psychi in the land of plenty.. . " He moaned about Gas prices but never turned off his 8V truck, when he went into the store", humorous like Metcalfe, more a how not to doi it! I Quite different to the Jill Horner book (Be Brave, Be Strong) . which had more back story.. about how she ended entering the race... Weird it got me into peanut butter with sweet stuff, but ultimately Branson is better....
and I've put off doing the PBW as well.... lockdown was the best excuse,
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

ledburner wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:08 pm
faustus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 am
the M. Mc Coy book looks like to have plans or dreams afoot... I Enjoyed John Metcalfes book as well..
Paul Howard-Two Wheels My Wagon, is a good read and looks at the America Psychi in the land of plenty.. . " He moaned about Gas prices but never turned off his 8V truck, when he went into the store", humorous like Metcalfe, more a how not to doi it! I Quite different to the Jill Horner book (Be Brave, Be Strong) . which had more back story.. about how she ended entering the race... Weird it got me into peanut butter with sweet stuff, but ultimately Branson is better....
and I've put off doing the PBW as well.... lockdown was the best excuse,
I tend to steer clear of accounts of things I want to do in the future as i want to go into them without any prejudice or high expections of a particular place, event etc in place and see it through my own eyes. I've already hiked the Great Divide two years ago so I've a fair idea of what to expect and just wanted the guidebook out of interest.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Today a Neris Lotafun arrived and if Helen took the hint I'll have paddles for my birthday weekend. If not it's table tennis bats
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

An all but new Pipedream Alice f+f turned up today.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Richpips wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:39 pm An all but new Pipedream Alice f+f turned up today.
Nice :-bd an original or the updated version? I don't 'need' another bike but I always keep my eye out for an Alice f+f, luckily I've not found one yet.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

sean_iow wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:47 pm
Richpips wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:39 pm An all but new Pipedream Alice f+f turned up today.
Nice :-bd an original or the updated version? I don't 'need' another bike but I always keep my eye out for an Alice f+f, luckily I've not found one yet.
The 2020 version, thanks to a tip off from macskive
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and delivered a pair of wheels that I wasn't expecting till the end of next month. I guess they found them down the back of the sofa or something, we obviously have different interpretations of Pre-Order Now. Shipping Nov Wk 2. Not that I'm complaining though, means I now have a set of wheels I can run narrower road tyres on, and swap with my current set if I fancy a bit of muddy off-road action over the winter.

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

just a few bits from velozone
no
IMG_20211022_121017_71865827043720.jpg
IMG_20211022_121017_71865827043720.jpg (102.1 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
- Icetool spoke key
- Granite pair of tyre levers the double as speedlink tool /storage
- granite cricket bell, like a timber bell but you can also ding it like a normal bell and cheaper.
- a bonus the all polythene jiffy bag it was sent in, will get a second life as a heat pouch for dried meals..

when I chase the order (again), that was placed in mid Sept they apologised as all items showed in stock all along :sad:.
So they discounted 10% off the talon tyre Levers, that I was considering, as cheapest UK price online , which were then added to the order. all arrived 3x days later as promised. £8.76 is best UK price off RRRp...
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Boab wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am ... and delivered a pair of wheels that I wasn't expecting till the end of next month. I guess they found them down the back of the sofa or something, we obviously have different interpretations of Pre-Order Now. Shipping Nov Wk 2. Not that I'm complaining though, means I now have a set of wheels I can run narrower road tyres on, and swap with my current set if I fancy a bit of muddy off-road action over the winter.
I've had a pair of them since June - so far so good despite a fair bit of battering. The freewheel is a bit loud mind - must get round to stripping it and bunging some more grease in there
Boab

Post by Boab »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 pm I've had a pair of them since June - so far so good despite a fair bit of battering. The freewheel is a bit loud mind - must get round to stripping it and bunging some more grease in there
Thought they'd make for a good winter road wheel, and a back up for when I break spokes on the other pair. Spun the freewheel a couple of times before putting them back in the box, glad I'm deaf in one ear...
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

A cheap copy of Bikepacking England by Emma kingston found on eBay.. An ex library book. What the hell are Oxfordshire County council doing taking books out of circulation that were first published only 4 months ago ?
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

woodsmith wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:32 pm A cheap copy of Bikepacking England by Emma kingston found on eBay.. An ex library book. What the hell are Oxfordshire County council doing taking books out of circulation that were first published only 4 months ago ?
Good find. :-bd
is it a where to go rather, how to go?
we expect a review for Stu! :-bd :-bd
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

ledburner wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm
woodsmith wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:32 pm A cheap copy of Bikepacking England by Emma kingston found on eBay.. An ex library book. What the hell are Oxfordshire County council doing taking books out of circulation that were first published only 4 months ago ?
Short " How to " introductory section and 20 routes of various lenghts around England. GPX available from www. v-publishing.co.uk/BPE-GPX

Interview and sample pages here:
https://bikepacking.com/news/bikepackin ... -kingston/

Link to publisher and more sample pages here:
https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/cy ... g-england/
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

:-bd
woodsmith wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:56 pm
ledburner wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm
Short " How to " introductory section and 20 routes of various lenghts around England. GPX available from www. v-publishing.co.uk/BPE-GPX

Interview and sample pages here:
https://bikepacking.com/news/bikepackin ... -kingston/

Link to publisher and more sample pages here:
https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/cy ... g-england/
:YMPARTY:
FOX160

Post by FOX160 »

1qty Revelate designs Pole cat for the fork and the Revelate designs Mag tank 2000
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A new phone. Bloody hell it's massive!
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:47 pm A new phone. Bloody hell it's massive!
Go on. My iPhone 8 is slowing dying and really needs an upgrade. Wot you got?
I'm just going outside ...