The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

chrisjones

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by chrisjones »

Sunrace 11-42 cassette & QR endcaps for my rear hub arrived today.

So I could finish the rebuild. :cool:
Cotic Escapade (2).jpg
(100.76 KiB) Downloaded 1424 times
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've kind of given over expecting things to turn up but today I did receive a number plate for project Death Trap (of course it complies to construction regs) and an edger so I could finish making a saddle for said project ... 'Death Trap' well you didn't expect something comfortable did you? Actually, I'm quite happy with the saddle as it began life as some scrap 3mm plate, although the edges still require a little more work.

May the bridges you burn light your way
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:24 pm I've kind of given over expecting things to turn up but today I did receive a number plate for project Death Trap (of course it complies to construction regs) and an edger so I could finish making a saddle for said project ... 'Death Trap' well you didn't expect something comfortable did you? Actually, I'm quite happy with the saddle as it began life as some scrap 3mm plate, although the edges still require a little more work.

Worst naan bread - ever...
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Replacement parts for the mech I broke last week - what would we do without SJS cycles -
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Just got some specialty items from Stu. Cheers geezer.

Intend to walk the dog in the woods tonight and see if they are effective. Stay tuned!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Stay tuned!
Bated breath ... I'll assume it all makes sense.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:56 pm
Stay tuned!
Bated breath ... I'll assume it all makes sense.
I know my recent PM performance suggests, quite strongly, that I'm thick as mince but yes, looks relatively straight forward, even for me :roll: :lol: Taking sprog and dog out in near future ....
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

The latest copy of the Bikepacking Journal.

Looking forward to a flick through at lunchtime.
May satan walk with you
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A surprise Toy Dolls CD :-bd I can think that it came from one of two people, so thank you very much. I shall put it ont' wireless later and jump about.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

And delivered a statement ...

Your annual summary:

Gross interest (before tax): £0.57

The next Carnegie, that's me! :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:13 pm A surprise Toy Dolls CD :-bd I can think that it came from one of two people, so thank you very much. I shall put it ont' wireless later and jump about.
Reg.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Aussie Grit's Flint waterproof jacket and gilet - at £35 (down from £99) and £12 (down from £44), respectively. Checked out their online sale and couldn't resist that sort of bargain. I haven't tried them out yet but am very impressed by the quality. Looking forward to my AG shorts arriving in a few days.
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
RIP

Post by RIP »

Dave Barter wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:13 pm A surprise Toy Dolls CD :-bd I can think that it came from one of two people, so thank you very much. I shall put it ont' wireless later and jump about.
Reg.
:wink: consider it a joint thought :-bd. Live In Stuttgart...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

JimmyG wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:10 pm Aussie Grit's Flint waterproof jacket and gilet - at £35 (down from £99) and £12 (down from £44), respectively. Checked out their online sale and couldn't resist that sort of bargain. I haven't tried them out yet but am very impressed by the quality. Looking forward to my AG shorts arriving in a few days.
What’s the sizing like for the jacket? I’ve had my eye on this, but fall between a small and medium. Any insight much appreciated.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

My Flint jacket arrived yesterday and I'd say the size guide is accurate, I bought a medium and am 39-40 chest. Arms are nice and long and slightly articulated, the fabric is slightly stretchy. Mine fits perfectly, all I have to do now is wait about 4 months for it to rain :roll:
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

Luna Solo. Ready for hopefully ~ mid July
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

[/quote]
What’s the sizing like for the jacket? I’ve had my eye on this, but fall between a small and medium. Any insight much appreciated.
[/quote]

I’m 5’ 10” and 40” chest and the Large fit is exactly as I’d hoped i.e. I wasn’t looking for a race fit. It’s roomy enough for a base layer and a decent mid layer and the sleeve length is spot on.
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Given my remote location, I've occasionally moaned about couriers refusing to deliver to the house. Getting parcels involves a convoluted process of meeting the van at a nearby petrol station but the other day I was in the village and saw possibly the most accurate name for a courier yet.
Mike

Post by Mike »

He came good today. Ordered a salsa craddle yday afternoon from shona and it arrived this morn at 8am, thats good service. This thing looks bombproof, and as it only weighs 75g more than my alpamayo harness i love then i can live with that. No its not for the weight saving weenies amongst us but that dont bother me if it does the job intended and fits across the range of bikes i have without touching cables or rubbing the frames :grin:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A Black Diamond ION headlamp. It's brighter and has more function than my normal bikepacking one which is a Silva Siju.

The Siju is only 16 lumen, that was ok as it is only for camp use/emergency as I'd have the Exposure Joystick on the helmet. As it's summer I've taken the helmet light off for now.

The ION is 100 lumen max and has a battery life of 6 hours and was only £14 from Wiggle. At the lowest setting it's 4 lumens and has a claimed battery life of 180 hours. It also has a red LED which is also dimable and has strobe so it also doubles up as a backup/emergency rear light for the bike.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Superstar Nano replacement bearings.

Surprisingly easy for a numpty like me to fit
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Took delivery today of a "LanShan 3F UL GEAR Outdoor Ultralight Camping 3 Season Tent For 1-2 Person" as it was referred to on eBay.

With my Big Agnes baby tent on the way out it only seemed fitting to get something fresh. I always liked the size of my Lunar Solo, but moved it on because the condensation in it was too much (and no, I don't want an argument about it. If you don't get condensation in yours that is wonderful :-bd )

The LanShan - apart from being a 3rd the price and only 300 or so grams heavier - has a full mesh inner that should help keep the dribbles at bay. It might not of course. It might prove to be just as big a PITA. We shall see.

Went up easy with a 120cm BB carbon pole. Comes with spare dyneema lines, a great dry bag stuff sack with compression straps and very nice stakes. I fit in it very nicely too, though will use sticks at each end to give it a bit more lift. And it arrived in just three days via someone up north who must be distributing them from the Chinese makers.

I'm just going outside ...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yes but can you fit your chair in that vestibule when the rain comes?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I reckon you could Reg and I will give it a shot later. You can drop the inner and move the floor away pretty easily. Might even fit the fire pit in there as well ........
I'm just going outside ...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I recall 124cm is the perfect pole length Tim. If you need an extender (eh and don't we all at our age) give me a shout.