Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bish

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Bish »

Excited!
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:35 pm Waiting for some more Enertor insoles as the ad said they were good for plantar fasciitis and by funk mine is giving me some gyp x(
Sounds like you're used to managing your plantar fasciitis but I resolved my fairly bad issue with this by using Superfeet Green insoles (after multiple trips to my GP failed). It took a little while but ten plus years later and the problem's never reoccurred and I spend a large part of each working day on my feet due to the job I do. Good luck anyway.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Interesting to know.

It's a new thing to me as it's only really come on, to the point where I've realised there might be a "problem", in the last 6-ish months. I always put it down to heavy days (work, training, walking, squash etc) and feet just getting tired and weary.

The PF experience is a whole new one for me (and not much fun). Better shift some weight too I suspect :oops:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

And delivered..... a Brompton T bag, disappointingly it’s not a cunningly compact beverage solution but a larger than expected bag which clips onto the ‘luggage thing’
I’ve been affected, a 30ltr bag just seems too big. Still it will take all my work kit, including climbing stuff although I might just wear my petzl climbing hat, after all I’m now 50 and allowed not to give a sh1t. :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Moff

Post by Moff »

An Absolute Black Oval chainring for the bouncy bike and an EVOC lumber bladder to trial with the bumbag.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Postie left a lovely parcel from Keep Pedalling which contained a rather lovely King Cage
This one is of the ‘Lowered’ variety to hold the bottle down a tad.
I’ve yet to decide what to do with the extra space in the frame triangle
2924 miles per Gallon
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Bish wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:48 pm Image
Excited!

Oooh - which model is it?

Been out on my 10 year old Genesis Altitude steel hardtail (in singlespeed mode) and it always makes me smile.

I've only ever seen about 6 other genesis bikes in those 10 years, even though the croix de fer seems to be very popular on t'internet.

Enjoy your new bike...
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

And delivered a 22g meths stove and tapered windshield, cheers Stu, a nice little dd tarp and a voile strap, all in time for a little trip to the Chilterns. Feels like Christmas. :-bd
composite

Post by composite »

I have been worried about my Garmin800 for a bit due to the rubber on/off button perishing and having to use a bit of random plastic to work the internal button and gaffer tape to cover the hole. Picked up a second-hand Garmin800 with heart rate monitor and cadence sensor from eBay for £56!!!!

They are going so cheap I'm considering getting another just to put on the shelf as a future spare. The 800 does everything I want so absolutely no need to upgrade to anything newer.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Some retro-reflective shoe laces as mentioned in another thread. Lovely job.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I got some new foam ear buds for my headphones, the old ones were disintegrating. I use them for all my commutes
Mart

Post by Mart »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:08 pm Interesting to know.

It's a new thing to me as it's only really come on, to the point where I've realised there might be a "problem", in the last 6-ish months. I always put it down to heavy days (work, training, walking, squash etc) and feet just getting tired and weary.

The PF experience is a whole new one for me (and not much fun). Better shift some weight too I suspect :oops:

The PF I had was made much worse by tension in calf/achilies which was pulling everything back
Massage and stretching combined with not walking barefoot on hard surfaces helped
I still have and continue to wear soft crocs inside the house now on our wooden floors, it hasn't come back but I can feel when its tight and stretch to keep it at bay
2924 miles per Gallon
jay91

Post by jay91 »

2nd hand Stanton sherpa frame off eBay
:-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Mart wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:59 pm
Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:08 pm Interesting to know.

The PF I had was made much worse by tension in calf/achilies which was pulling everything back
Massage and stretching combined with not walking barefoot on hard surfaces helped
I still have and continue to wear soft crocs inside the house now on our wooden floors, it hasn't come back but I can feel when its tight and stretch to keep it at bay
Yet more interesting stuff. Trouble is TKD training is all barefoot :roll: More stretching though, definitely :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

some goodies from Bearbnes towers which i have yet to pay for [ all of it ]

H is a kind and generous man [ unless he is planning a route in which case he is a total [what would sweary dave say sticker goes here]
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A 100m reel of 250lb x 0.8mm fishing braid. Despite living on an island and going in several tackle shops I couldn't get any locally so this came from China.

My Northwave shoes have their own version of a boa closure and this appears to be the same as the lace they use. Just replaced one with the new cord and it works perfectly :smile: Under £4 for the reel, the replacement laces from Northwave are £14 a pair so this reel will make £1400s worth of new laces :o
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
composite

Post by composite »

sean_iow wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:41 am A 100m reel of 250lb x 0.8mm fishing braid. Despite living on an island and going in several tackle shops I couldn't get any locally so this came from China.

My Northwave shoes have their own version of a boa closure and this appears to be the same as the lace they use. Just replaced one with the new cord and it works perfectly :smile: Under £4 for the reel, the replacement laces from Northwave are £14 a pair so this reel will make £1400s worth of new laces :o
I might need to take you up on your kind offer of being the new Northwave lace distributer Sean as... I have some new Winter kit.

Northwave Raptor Arctic GTX Thermal Winter MTB Boot

Altura Nightvision Cyclone Jacket - For commuting

Columbia OutDry Ex Reign Jacket - In British bikepacking Orange as well! :-P . I took the plunge on this after all the recommendations from you lot.

GripGrab Nordic Cycling Gloves

I did a quick first look write up on this stuff as well. https://www.composite-projects.co.uk/20 ... irst-look/
slarge

Post by slarge »

Blimey, you expecting some weather Neil?

I'm still wearing the £10 hi viz ebay jacket that's almost windproof

Did you know, that if you commute every day, on average you'll get wet (as in wet, not just damp) about 7 times per year (everywhere except Wales, where it's more of a certainty)?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

i did three of mine last week - technically i was dry because my kit was worth more than the bike
. I took the plunge on this after all the recommendations from you lot.
You wont be disappointed amazing performance and best thing is you can take it off and it wont wet through the inside stays bone dry

reckon i will be buying the pants soon enough -though slarge reassures me i wont really need them :wink:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A pair of Ergon GE1 grips for the fatbike. I'm trying to standardie my contact points and these have made a huge difference to comfort on my Occam.

And a SOL Escape bivvy. For some ride or other this weekend.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

slarge wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:18 pm Blimey, you expecting some weather Neil?

I'm still wearing the £10 hi viz ebay jacket that's almost windproof

Did you know, that if you commute every day, on average you'll get wet (as in wet, not just damp) about 7 times per year (everywhere except Wales, where it's more of a certainty)?
I heard it was 9 times. I'm in London so it should be drier than many bits of the country. Last winter was quite wet so I'd say I got wet more than that, it's random though. The other day there were two fairly big showers at commuting times, enough to get wet not damp, but somehow I missed them both ways. I only realised there was one on the way in when i spoke to someone who said how wet it was
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A couple of bamboo t-shirts from a bloke in Wales :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

11-40T cassette immediately after returning from Torino-Nice Rally on a 11-32T one
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A new YAK Highback pfd. Ready for weekend now - sh1t creek, bring it on :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:48 am A new YAK Highback pfd. Ready for weekend now - sh1t creek, bring it on :wink:
On my birthday/Xmas list...