The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by redefined_cycles »

K1100T wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:50 pm ... and delivered a new rear light.

Bob... Please would you be kind enough to share some more info boht this... usb-c?? What's the mounts like, does it sound like it's gonna get lost soon if clipped to the rear bag?? Flimsy feeling?? Made in ?
Thanks in advance
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Dave Barter wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:13 pm teeny arse cream from Joe’s shop
Is that cream for a teeny arse?

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:25 pm Rather than a small tube like Dave,
Harsh!
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

TheBrownDog wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:00 pm
woodsmith wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:44 pm
Have a punt on these. I won't be bidding. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164949294815 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope ....... some Ebay blood sucker has picked them off CRC and is hoping for an arbitrage opportunity. Knobs.
The seller is Wiggle. I've bought lots of stuff off their ebay outlet.
Boab

Post by Boab »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:38 pm
Bob... Please would you be kind enough to share some more info boht this... usb-c?? What's the mounts like, does it sound like it's gonna get lost soon if clipped to the rear bag?? Flimsy feeling?? Made in ?
Thanks in advance
It's got a standard micro-USB port for charging. I've only mounted it under the saddle so far, but it should work on a saddle bag harness, depending on how thick, or not, the mounting loop is. It's got a metal body, so feels pretty solid, although I think their claimed battery life is bobbins. It's made somewhere you, and I for that matter, don't particularly want to buy from. In my defence on that point, it's only to tide me over till I can buy an Exposure setup in the next couple of months, and I'd speculate that all cheapo lights are made in that part of the world.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Two KMC chains, one 10 speed and one 12 speed. Don't have any spares of these and found some online, feels like a sensible thing to have as a backup as stocks seem to be very depleted
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

K1100T wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:44 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:38 pm
Thanks in advance
It's got a standard micro-USB port for charging. I've only mounted it under the saddle so far, but it should work on a saddle bag harness, depending on how thick, or not, the mounting loop is. It's got a metal body, so feels pretty solid, although I think their claimed battery life is bobbins. It's made somewhere you, and I for that matter, don't particularly want to buy from. In my defence on that point, it's only to tide me over till I can buy an Exposure setup in the next couple of months, and I'd speculate that all cheapo lights are made in that part of the world.
Thanks fir this. V good info/insight and appreciated
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

benp1 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:26 pm Two KMC chains, one 10 speed and one 12 speed. Don't have any spares of these and found some online, feels like a sensible thing to have as a backup as stocks seem to be very depleted
I think many of us are doing the same which only makes the supply problem even worse of course. At least I wasn't one of those hoarding bog rolls at the start of the pandemic.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:25 pm I can't believe that I'm unable dream up something for a supercharged, methanol injected CB250*.
The CB250 was a great little bike. Back in my old journo days I used to write a monthly bike test for one of Australia's greater metropolitan daily noozpapers, and I bought the CB250 I tested in, if memory serves, 1994 I think. It took me to work and back for about four years and never skipped a beat. I even toured southern Victoria on it with two panniers and a tank bag. I must have put 30,000 km on it over that time. It was a bit dreary for sure but I loved it and wish I still had it.

I can't imagine what a worked one will be like (or how it came to pass that you're building one) but be interested in the HP figures you get from it, given mine had about 20hp after a good service.

And pics. We must have pics.
I'm just going outside ...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I can't imagine what a worked one will be like (or how it came to pass that you're building one) but be interested in the HP figures you get from it, given mine had about 20hp after a good service.

And pics. We must have pics.
This is a K4 Tim so late 60's or very early 70's (I've not bothered checking the engine number). If my calculations are right and I can stop it from grenading (hence the methanol), I'm reckoning something something between 50 - 60 horses at the rear wheel shouldn't be out of reach and in a light chassis, that should be good for 130mph. Maybe the worlds fastest CB250?

Why? Why not. Who in their right mind would supercharge a CB250 ... actually, a bloke called Dave Hand did in the early 70's and eventually got it down to very low 9s for the 1/4. By that point, it was a 350 but even so. He was the spark that got my mind going.

I'll do pics :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Postie dropped off some Acepac luggage from Bearbones. To say I'm impressed with it would be an understatement and Stuart accommodated my weird delivery request as well (thanks Stu :-bd ). They'll be getting a test out on the Cairngorms inner loop on Thursday.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

A new real seal for the back of my phone after i replaced the battery the other day. Here's to 5 more years. :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bumper day

A replacement windscreen wiper blade 😜

Some very fitting Montane trousers, for hillwalking and possibly some running.

And a 25L OMM "Classic" rucksack. That's a direct replacement for my 18 year old 25L KIMM AR25. If this one lasts me as long, I doubt it'll ever need replaced.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Some on-off tops for my soft-flasks. They are Salomon so I gambled they'd fit on the Inov8 flasks (which are made by hydropak) but they were listed as 42mm which is the cap size for the Inov8 ones. As it happens they fit better than the lids that came with the bottle :???: Previously, if I put the rucksack down and the bite valve rested on something it would sometimes leak, so now I can turn them off
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

And more.

Some Titanium loveliness from Joe.

The cap on my old Surly hipflask has started to leak and various O-rings have so far failed to resolve the problem.

And this one is Titanium (and a bit smaller so healthier too. Right?)

Disc pad spacing tools for me and some local mates.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Had a Topeak DP mount arrive, sadly a few days too late to use on my July bivvy, will get some use next month

Plus some silicon crank arm end covers to protect my carbon cranks. Save some weight with carbon cranks (they came with the bike I bought) and then add some weight back to protect them :shock: :grin:

Oh yeah, and some bungee cord to add to my waist pack to give it a bit more carrying capacity just in case (e.g for an extra layer than I need to take off or picking up something from the shop)
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Via eBay and a courier, a very much long in the tooth sleeping bag replacement,
It's a North face the one, it's very nice,newand lovely, also well made etc and
An interesting shake on things, full report to follow...... :-bd
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ScotRoutes wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:18 pm And more.

Some Titanium loveliness from Joe.

The cap on my old Surly hipflask has started to leak and various O-rings have so far failed to resolve the problem.

And this one is Titanium (and a bit smaller so healthier too. Right?)

Disc pad spacing tools for me and some local mates.
I've got a lixada ti hip flask like a fire maple. 250ml is a bit large. but nice curved shape. at the time I couldn't find smaller Ti one.
like this Image
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
ootini

Post by ootini »

Well, the postman didn't deliver it, but I've gone and bought myself an OnOne Fatty :mrgreen:
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

...Blackburn Outpost Elite framebag,
Maybe I should have gone full custom but this will probably do the job for now. Need to remember where I put my mag clips for the bladder hose, otherwise I'll need to order another set...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

It was only posted yesterday, so Hip-Hip - Horray to the posties. It must be gravity assisted why a package travel south so fast. via a detour to my sons room.
A nice Moonlite bivvy bag, err no sleeping bag cover. according to Wild country. Its surprisingly supple light material. I just need a mini stiff sack. then Sorted :grin: like a hunka it doesn't cover your head but a mini tarp will sort that..
So thanks Ray Young, Here's using it onto more adventures. You've made me proud! -bd.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
RIP

Post by RIP »

Having wittered about my shredded posterior earlier on I'm going to see if a different saddle does any good. When I say different, we're talking different.

Showed a few tongue in cheek photos at the start of the "Saddle" thread so I thought I'd try one of my suggestions. Money where mouth is etc. Don't like buying a replacement thing until the original wears out but I'm not prepared to wait for my arse to wear out and have to replace that.

This monstrosity was only the princely sum of twelve quid anyway. Presumably sweatshop product but it was posted in the UK so I shall fool myself it was handcrafted in a small workshop in Oswaldtwistle. Smaller/lighter than I expected so that's good.

Last edited by RIP on Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

ootini wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:27 am Well, the postman didn't deliver it, but I've gone and bought myself an OnOne Fatty :mrgreen:
Welcome to the fold, brother. Pix? Did you go for the original model with the twin spar top tube? :-bd :-bd :-bd
I'm just going outside ...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You do know you've just bought the seat off a commode don't you?

May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:21 pm You do know you've just bought the seat off a commode don't you?
:lol:

Satisfies our "multiple uses" mantra then :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sillybigfella

Post by sillybigfella »

I shudder to think what the pen is used for…
I’ve been abart a bit