The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by sean_iow »

A NeoAir pumpsack. What a great thing this is :grin: It's quicker than blowing my mat up with my breath, reduces the amount of water vapour that gets inside and best of all you don't think you're about to pass out from lack of oxygen :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Yeah, they're great. I got one free with my XTherm but it's too small, the big yellow one I had from before is bigger and much more usable as a result

The postman delivered a trangia stove adaptor to let me use a gas/petrol stove in my trangia. Fitted it together last night and with a bit of bodging with a drill, a file and a saw it works great. Definitely too big and heavy for bikepacking though
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Always frustrates me carrying a wacking great tube as I run tubeless. Picked up a tubilito, 45gms...

Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Did you get that in the UK, Nordy? What's the lead time?

Greetz

S.
Mactheknife68

Post by Mactheknife68 »

A very nice and I must say well made Salsa Exp cradle for my Vaya
Gummikuh

Post by Gummikuh »

.....and returned my Oakleys after the WRT, they decided they would rather stay in the sunshine at bearbones towers, who can blame them!
Oh and a set of brake pads after said WRT as they levers were getting closer to the bars than was comfortable on the descents!!

Thank you Stu, I appreciate it.
techno

Post by techno »

Scattamah wrote:Did you get that in the UK, Nordy? What's the lead time?

Greetz

S.
no idea of lead time, but I'm about to pull the trigger on one from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tubolito-Mount ... B075RZ7RCH
cheapest I can find.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm about to pull the trigger on one from here:
Well, that all makes sense :wink:
Tubolito combines the innovative high-tech material Thermal Mopla Stmit a newly developed production technology.Seams are reduced to an absolute minimum and Verbleibendenahtstellen overlapping) wide.The result is a unique and quality Hochwertigesprodukt as a one solid body bracket). The test rider Warenbegeistert from the combination of weight loss Beigleichzeitig higher resistance.
Features:
Low weight: at a size of 29 & # 8220; can be savings of more than 100 grams per wheel compared to standard butyl hoses, in almost half the large pack size. The puncture resistance is the puncture Double the height of the Just Like Standard Hoses, which provide maximum protection from of a breakdown. The construction is as comfortable as with than products made of butyl. Tubolito hoses are a lightweight alternative for tubeless rider's.
May the bridges you burn light your way
techno

Post by techno »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
I'm about to pull the trigger on one from here:
Well, that all makes sense :wink:
Tubolito combines the innovative high-tech material Thermal Mopla Stmit a newly developed production technology.Seams are reduced to an absolute minimum and Verbleibendenahtstellen overlapping) wide.The result is a unique and quality Hochwertigesprodukt as a one solid body bracket). The test rider Warenbegeistert from the combination of weight loss Beigleichzeitig higher resistance.
Features:
Low weight: at a size of 29 & # 8220; can be savings of more than 100 grams per wheel compared to standard butyl hoses, in almost half the large pack size. The puncture resistance is the puncture Double the height of the Just Like Standard Hoses, which provide maximum protection from of a breakdown. The construction is as comfortable as with than products made of butyl. Tubolito hoses are a lightweight alternative for tubeless rider's.
Auto-translate doing a sterling job there :-bd
almowt worthy of: http://www.engrish.com/category/chinglish/
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I wonder how they measured puncture resistance to come up with the figure that they're twice as good as butyl? I've just put my Schwalbe ultralight tubes on the scales, about 140g each. The advantages of a butyl tube over these are cost and I can fix them with a normal repair kit.

I've tried to find the link on Facebook but can't from a bloke in the US who took two of these as backup on a trip. He ended up needing to use one, then the other one, both failed. He was carrying the special repair kit but couldn't repair them.

Edit: I found the post on the Facebook "Tour Divide Race: Gear, Advice, Tips, Pics, Chat, Training" group. There were a couple of riders reporting failures, a couple of selected quotes:

Josh Kato: I’ve tested these as well. 2x Failed, one dynamically exploded in the tyre near the valve stem the other seemed to fail from rubbing inside the tyre during genral gravel riding. Save some money for beers at the end and steer clear of these.

Chris Plesko Josh Kato did you kill the super light ones or the “normal” ones?

Josh Kato Chris Plesko, the one I had fail near the valve stem was the lightweight Tubo MTB and the one that failed on the side of the tube was the standard. Lightweight one failed at around 50 miles and the standard around 110. I was able to fix the standard one but it flatted again the next day so I tossed it. My spares continue to be Schwalbe SV19a. At least till something else comes along.
techno

Post by techno »

Pirahna wrote:I wonder how they measured puncture resistance to come up with the figure that they're twice as good as butyl? I've just put my Schwalbe ultralight tubes on the scales, about 140g each. The advantages of a butyl tube over these are cost and I can fix them with a normal repair kit.

I've tried to find the link on Facebook but can't from a bloke in the US who took two of these as backup on a trip. He ended up needing to use one, then the other one, both failed. He was carrying the special repair kit but couldn't repair them.

Edit: I found the post on the Facebook "Tour Divide Race: Gear, Advice, Tips, Pics, Chat, Training" group. There were a couple of riders reporting failures, a couple of selected quotes:

Josh Kato: I’ve tested these as well. 2x Failed, one dynamically exploded in the tyre near the valve stem the other seemed to fail from rubbing inside the tyre during genral gravel riding. Save some money for beers at the end and steer clear of these.

Chris Plesko Josh Kato did you kill the super light ones or the “normal” ones?

Josh Kato Chris Plesko, the one I had fail near the valve stem was the lightweight Tubo MTB and the one that failed on the side of the tube was the standard. Lightweight one failed at around 50 miles and the standard around 110. I was able to fix the standard one but it flatted again the next day so I tossed it. My spares continue to be Schwalbe SV19a. At least till something else comes along.
Oh, that's interesting. Thanks.
Will have a look around for the Schwalbe ultralights.
Ta.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Ta for that. Those fellas know what they're on about. I may have to scratch around for some Hutchisons again.

Greetz

S.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Park tool chain whip
Kmc power links
1 liter plastic water bottle folding thing
Cheap mountain warehouse top
Trying to ride bikes.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Those SV19a tubes look good. Smaller and lighter is good but interesting info on the tubolitos above

Postie dropped off some torjet lighters, good for lighting things like stoves (and other things) as they can be pointed down
Mart

Post by Mart »

sean_iow wrote:A NeoAir pumpsack. What a great thing this is :grin: It's quicker than blowing my mat up with my breath, reduces the amount of water vapour that gets inside and best of all you don't think you're about to pass out from lack of oxygen :lol:

Funny - I just got one too. Looking forward to trying it out
2924 miles per Gallon
Mart

Post by Mart »

jay91 wrote:Park tool chain whip
Kmc power links
1 liter plastic water bottle folding thing
Cheap mountain warehouse top
Powerlinks - for the win Jay
Hope mine is still holding up :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
jay91

Post by jay91 »

They are I owe you one :wink:
Trying to ride bikes.
RIP

Post by RIP »

.... with new tiny anti-walk-off-with-the-bike-outside-Spar lock.

And, much more interesting (to me and about three other people anyway), a full set of "The Old Metal Mines of Mid Wales Vols 1-6" (David Bick) books. Now I know exactly where to find Ceulan Mine :smile:. Another excuse to get the bike out and rootle around in obscure and remote places.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Now I know exactly where to find Ceulan Mine
Ah but which one Reg? There's probably about a dozen levels in the forest, plus the remains of a water wheel :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile:. If you hear a yell from up the valley you'll know I've fallen down one of the "made safe" shafts. I knew you'd be one of the other three interested parties, the final two are probably ghosts of t'owd men.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

213 grams of kite flying fun. Bought on a weekend away in Dorset - I hope to carry it on / behind my home-brew bar bag bracket - not in the bag it came in but as you see it in a freezer bag - Had fun flying it on the beach this weekend. Sometimes/ on some rides there's a good reason not to always TLS :cool:
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Could you use it for a 'tow' Nick?
RIP

Post by RIP »

At 213g I reckon it would make a half decent tarp actually. Not "stealth" though obviously :smile:.

Edit: Ah. 130 x 55. Ok, a cosy tarp then.

Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

A tow. Now there's a thought. :grin: Goes off to consider how to fit it to self and/ or bike.

I did ponder the tarp option whilst purchasing it, :oops: but decided it'd probably try and take off in any wind :o
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

After my bottom bracket adaptor broke on this weekend's JennRide :cry: - a Hope PF46 - 24mm bottom bracket. :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry