The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by TheBrownDog »

5kg of calci-worms from Maltby Stores for the winged waifs in and out of the garden. They were much less expensive than meal worms, but look, smell and taste (sorry children) exactly the same.
I'm just going outside ...
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

Been eyeing up these shoes for a while, then they came up at Sportspursuit for a half decent price. Cleats fitted and quick ride round the block confirm they seem comfy, but only a longer ride will tell...
Was getting hot spots on my Fizik Terra's so hopefully these will be better (always got on well with Mavic road shoes in the past, so fingers crossed...)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A late delivery of some T45 CDS tubing. Anyone who ever had a Curtis will know what T45 is :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:42 pm A late delivery of some T45 CDS tubing. Anyone who ever had a Curtis will know what T45 is :wink:
from bike radar
"The T45 is a tough cookie rather than a twangy lightweight. It’s built from the same steel that was used to produce the chassis of the Thrust II land speed record-breaking car."
but stumped on CDS.
Google was useless it suggested Curtis Stiger CDs :roll: :lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

CDS - cold drawn seamless
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Are you building a cafe racer?
Grubby little urchin.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Are you building a cafe racer?
No, although it could depend on your definition. Something built with the intention of getting from point a to point b quickly - yes. Cutting the subframe off some 1980's bag o' sh1te and fitting clip-on bars and a brown seat - no. :wink:

Inspiration drawn from things like this

May the bridges you burn light your way
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

And I have a lovely 3D printed Etrex/Qtr Turn adapter from our very own Mr Barter. With a wee bit of tidying up it seems to fit snugly and should offer some extra mounting options for my Oregon. I'll feed back my experiences as we're both a bit concerned that it might be a bit delicate for the bigger unit on rough ground, but there's only one way to find out.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Raggedstone wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:39 pm With a Duro Crux 27.5x 3.25 from Unicycle after a bit of advice from Phil ( htrider ) it's huge !
Be interested to know what rim and what size it’s come up at, if you’ve got round to fitting it?
I’m after something around 3.5 for my plus, in an attempt to save me getting a fat bike and having to build a spare set of 27.5+ wheels😊
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

…actually went in to my lbs as I was passing and picked up an 11 speed chain and a diddy bottle of sealant for my trip next week. Not sure what magical fairy dust makes an ultegra chain better and costlier than a 105 one but that’s all they had in.
Boab

Post by Boab »

A bumper day of arrivals. Firstly a ridiculously expensive, spray on, dhb waterproof gilet.

Then a smaller chainring, new chain and thicker bar tape.

Plus I popped into town and bought some of them store and pour bags, and a new top and bottom base layer combo from Decathlon.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

A Moosetreks framebag turned up today just in time for tonight's solo bivvy in a local wood. For £45 it's very good value. It's not Alpkit quality but it fits my Big Bro like a custom made one. A good point to it is that is has an internal divider, and measuring it up, I'm pretty sure one of those Apidura framebag bladders will fit very nicely, if snugly, in there, solving forever my water carrying conundrum.

I've packed for comfort. Got my Duomid and a bathtub floor in the fork bags, my chair and a few warm clothes in the seat and all the gubbins in the frame bag, including a bluetooth speaker as I can't be too far away from LBC radio these days. I've even chucked in the Honey Stove so I can gaze into a small fire once the sun goes down. Reading material is "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson.

L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

2 x Tailfin cages (small), Tailfin bag and assorted fixings, but sans the mounting arch which is still stuck in Taiwan as I understand. When they emailed to say it'd be delayed, I asked if they could send the cages out separately. Fair play, they did, but along with the other bits & bag which can't be used until arch arrives. Hopefully here by end of the month..

The cages look very small and minimalist, but seem very well put together.

Also, some Defeet Cyclismo merino-blend socks and a pair of Sportful Performance overshorts. The shorts are very nice and fitted, but also very snug even in XL :shock: :oops: ....I see CRC still have XXL in stock but can't make myself buy that size!
Last edited by L2R24 on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:16 pm . for tonight's solo bivvy in a local wood.
I've packed for comfort. ... my chair . a bluetooth speaker.... I've even chucked in the Honey Stove so I can gaze into a small fire once the sun goes down.
A Glamping trip then...
I'll say nothing. :-bd :roll:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Had a couple of exposure mounts arrive, including a stem mount one which will hopefully fix an annoyance with getting it mounted centrally on the bars of my bouncer
Boab

Post by Boab »

Had to take my rear wheel into the bike shop last Friday, to have a broken spoke fixed. Realised I had no sealant, so had to get an order in, also picked up a small bottle of lube; mostly to get over the £20 free postage limit, but also as I need some to carry on longer trips when it's clarty.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Some carbon pegs from Stu - everything I need now to make my tent Tour Divide ready :-bd
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

ScotRoutes wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 am And I have a lovely 3D printed Etrex/Qtr Turn adapter from our very own Mr Barter. With a wee bit of tidying up it seems to fit snugly and should offer some extra mounting options for my Oregon. I'll feed back my experiences as we're both a bit concerned that it might be a bit delicate for the bigger unit on rough ground, but there's only one way to find out.
Awaiting your test results with interest (and hoping that if they're positive that nice Mr Barter might be well disposed to making me one as well).
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Jurassic wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:48 am
ScotRoutes wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 am And I have a lovely 3D printed Etrex/Qtr Turn adapter from our very own Mr Barter. With a wee bit of tidying up it seems to fit snugly and should offer some extra mounting options for my Oregon. I'll feed back my experiences as we're both a bit concerned that it might be a bit delicate for the bigger unit on rough ground, but there's only one way to find out.
Awaiting your test results with interest (and hoping that if they're positive that nice Mr Barter might be well disposed to making me one as well).
Me too and Mr Barter can have a unconditional sweary licence when 3d printing :lol: :o
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A copy of the latest edition of "42 Peaks, The Story of the Bob Graham Round"
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Raggedstone wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:39 pm With a Duro Crux 27.5x 3.25 from Unicycle after a bit of advice from Phil ( htrider ) it's huge !
:-bd
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:16 pm A Moosetreks framebag turned up today just in time for tonight's solo bivvy in a local wood. For £45 it's very good value. It's not Alpkit quality but it fits my Big Bro like a custom made one. A good point to it is that is has an internal divider, and measuring it up, I'm pretty sure one of those Apidura framebag bladders will fit very nicely, if snugly, in there, solving forever my water carrying conundrum.

I've packed for comfort. Got my Duomid and a bathtub floor in the fork bags, my chair and a few warm clothes in the seat and all the gubbins in the frame bag, including a bluetooth speaker as I can't be too far away from LBC radio these days. I've even chucked in the Honey Stove so I can gaze into a small fire once the sun goes down. Reading material is "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson.

Where did you buy the framebag from?
May satan walk with you
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

ssnowman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:16 am
TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:16 pm
You can get them off Amazon. It has some nice features, like the internal shelf, and a bright orange interior lining. I'm not sure how waterproof it it but it's a decent bag overall for the money

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moosetreks-Bik ... 148&sr=8-1
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

TheBrownDog wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:38 am
You can get them off Amazon. It has some nice features, like the internal shelf, and a bright orange interior lining. I'm not sure how waterproof it it but it's a decent bag overall for the money

Thanks. Did you buy the medium?
May satan walk with you
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

ssnowman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:05 pm
TheBrownDog wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:38 am

Thanks. Did you buy the medium?
I bought the large 14l one which fits my XL Big Bro very well. I see the large isn't in stock at the moment but I'm sure it'll be available elsewhere or will be back on in due course