Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ScotRoutes

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by ScotRoutes »

I got the cheaper of the new Pixel 6's
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Ah, I was looking at that last week. Looks a great phone.

But here's a thing. Having had iPhones since The Beginning I'm genuinely afraid of getting anything else. I was given a Samsung object a few years ago on one of my contracts and I simply couldn't deal with it. Total mess.
I'm just going outside ...
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

...and dropped off some lego advent calendars, an Imperial Armoured Marauder and just for some cycling content, a wolftooth b-rad base.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I've gone back in time and am now having my milk, eggs and a few other bits delivered by a genuine milko. Or milky, as he seems to want to be known. He's been plying the streets of the Chalfonts in his electric open-side van forever, and I finally stopped him on an early dog walk a few weeks ago to get onto his delivery list. Been good so far. The milk and eggs are from very local farms (one of which is less than 2 miles from mine)

And this morning I got this with the delivery: how cute?

I'm just going outside ...
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

TheBrownDog wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:37 pm I've gone back in time and am now having my milk, eggs and a few other bits delivered by a genuine milko. Or milky, as he seems to want to be known. He's been plying the streets of the Chalfonts in his electric open-side van forever, and I finally stopped him on an early dog walk a few weeks ago to get onto his delivery list. Been good so far. The milk and eggs are from very local farms (one of which is less than 2 miles from mine)

And this morning I got this with the delivery: how cute?

Seems like a perfect opportunity to introduce this fine ode to our early morning warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0yxx4_WcGE
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Fück cancer socks arrived
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

...and dropped off:
Roll of Lizard Skins DSP 3.2 bartape for the new Beacon bars I put on the gravel bike on Monday. Looking forward to some bar-wrapping action tonight ready for trying the new bars out tomorrow.

Pearson Adventure long sleeve jersey from Sigma. Outer material does seem more bramble-resistant than most (as advertised), but fit a little snugger than I'd like right now. As they seem to have sold out of larger sizes, I'll need to finally work off the beer gut instead. Nice jersey/jacket, but surprised to see absolutely zero reflective tabs or highlights on it. Always tend to use "be seen" lights on road sections, so probably not a worry.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

10 litres of expensive 'storage' fuel for Dee's bike. It's magic stuff as it contains no ethanol or other rubbish and can happily sit in a tank or carbs for 3 years without going off or eating / dissolving anything. It's also 99RON and contains no oxygen which means the bike's never sounded so well. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Some nice stickers in an envelope that must have been perched on Stu's mantelpiece for well over a year. I've run out of space on my bike so I guess I'll have to stick 'em all over my body instead. What's uncanny is the meter is showing exactly the correct reading averaged over a year of my riding.

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:21 pm Some nice stickers in an envelope that must have been perched on Stu's mantelpiece for well over a year. I've run out of space on my bike so I guess I'll have to stick 'em all over my body instead. What's uncanny is the meter is showing exactly the correct reading averaged over a year of my riding.

I guess it a Funometer,
from a Funicular?
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
RIP

Post by RIP »

from a Funicular?
Or possibly from "fundament", meaning "that BaM was a sh1t idea in retrospect". Or maybe from "funky"?

On another forum someone is claiming that the 1-2-3 classification is incorrect. They propose that there are FOUR:

1 - fun at the time, fun upon reflection later
2 - fun at the time, but regrettable upon reflection later
3 - regrettable at the time, but fun upon reflection later
4 - not fun at the time, nor upon reflection later.

"This numbering scheme forms a simple 4-cell matrix, with now/later on the vertical axis and fun/no-fun on the horizontal axis".

In reply someone else had said "Are you a management consultant?" :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Number 2 of that list ^ is wrong. Nothing that's fun at the time should be regretted later.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sometimes post-fun regret is forced upon you by your ageing body whether you like it or not, such as the curry and ten pints of Guinness situation mentioned elsewhere :smile: .

Actually you're right. Having thought more clearly about it, the fun itself shouldn't be regretted but the after-effects might be regretted, as above.

psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:12 pm Number 2 of that list ^ is wrong. Nothing that's fun at the time should be regretted later.
Mmm... difficult one that. I can think of the odd occasion(s)....
Still, moving on, they had absolutely nothing to do with bike packing. Or even bike riding. [wonders off in a dream-like state]Or possibly even regrets really [/wonders off in a dream-like state] :grin: :grin: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The funny thing about regret is that at some point, the thing you regret was actually the thing you most wanted ... life's too short :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Nobody ever wished they'd spent more time in the office". Weee-e-e-ll, there was one reason if I remember rightly..... :YMDAYDREAM:
Last edited by RIP on Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

I think Reg no 2 should be , it’s f@£cking sh1t at the time ( wind and torrential rain in borth comes to mind)but in a few hours you look back saying that was a mad craic wasn’t it :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd

Ian

Post by Ian »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:12 pm Number 2 of that list ^ is wrong. Nothing that's fun at the time should be regretted later.
Do you remember that lap dancing joint in Dolgellau?

:wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

photo please....

on second thoughts....

Verena

Post by Verena »

O.... I was going to say "proviz lobster gloves for the winter", but I now feel like I'm interrupting the flow of a beautiful, entirely different conversation.

As you were.
Swede

Post by Swede »

On a recent trip I needed to do some road side repairs and found that I was missing a key piece of equipment – a pair of reading glasses! I’d spent so much time miniaturising my tool-kit I’d forgotten that without my specs I’d be completely screwed... I squinted my way through the repair but made a note to remedy this asap.

There were a couple of options but the flat case, size and flexible frames did it for me.
Attachments
ThinOptics.jpg
ThinOptics.jpg (101.61 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Wizard Works Wiz Viz Lil Presto Barrel Bag

Waiting for one for a few months. Perfect for the new winter commute I have where I've few chances of being hit from the side, but a lot from the front!
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Some PVA sponges at a good price for next time l get the Neris wet.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

My first dropper post. A PNW Components Coast dropper and Loam lever.
Beautiful.
As a suspension post addict I’ve never had the joy of a dropper but PNW have made an air sprung suspension/dropper. Genius.
Now I can have my cake and eat it.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC