The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Boab

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Boab »

... and delivered a large box, containing a much, much smaller box, plus a (separate) card envelope. A Deore XT shifter and Deore XT jockey wheels, time to upgrade the Scandal to 1x11.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Disco

Post by Disco »

26 inch iKON 3c and nine speed cassette from Bikeparts. First time using them and all was well, despite reading some unfavourable reviews online. Good price and very quick delivery.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Hunt wheels, new cassette and chain ready for a week of roads and gravel in the Pyrenees
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Don't forget your sun cream, we're up in the Val D'Aran this week, forecast is for 34° rising to 38° at the weekend. Trish is competing in a triathlon here on Saturday, it's going to be a scorcher.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

pistonbroke wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:03 pm Don't forget your sun cream, we're up in the Val D'Aran this week, forecast is for 34° rising to 38° at the weekend. Trish is competing in a triathlon here on Saturday, it's going to be a scorcher.
Win!
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

...and brought a new club top, a pair of Endura bibs and an Ortlieb 2L water bag :) Happy days !

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Never Mind The Tussocks has landed!
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

A nice new jersey from Shewie in time for my hols (which I might not take a bike on anyway :o ) :-bd I knew what it was as soon as he handed me the parcel. He went next door and all was well... til he popped back with a letter. Car tax reminder: £330 :YMSICK: That'll serve me right for driving around in my ostentatious 1.6 petrol Berlingo :roll:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

thenorthwind wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:35 pm A nice new jersey from Shewie in time for my hols (which I might not take a bike on anyway :o ) :-bd I knew what it was as soon as he handed me the parcel. He went next door and all was well... til he popped back with a letter. Car tax reminder: £330 :YMSICK: That'll serve me right for driving around in my ostentatious 1.6 petrol Berlingo :roll:
Don't worry Dave... Mine is now £600 but it's less polluting of the environment than would be to having a new eCar built just for me. Plus it drives nice and is euro5 (or something).

Why not pay via monthly DD. I found it to be almost the same price and there's no interest :smile:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm Why not pay via monthly DD. I found it to be almost the same price and there's no interest :smile:
Well because it's £16.50 more... which is effectively interest no? I was moaning at how expensive it is, not how cheap :wink:
redefined_cycles

:grin: no, in this case not interest AFAIR when I looked at it. Yes, road tax is a right hortible thing at these current prices for us non-e type folks... (thumbs down).
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

...and delivered my Selle SMP TRK saddle ... it's certainly an odd looking thing, but if it's as comfy as it is unusual looking it'll be great !
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

...and delivered 2 very nice T-Shirts!! Result.
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
faustus

Post by faustus »

New rear wheel for a recently acquired 2nd hand mini micro scooter, the last kid had done some seriously long skids on it as it had two very flat spots on it, practically a square wheel! :lol:
Was a complete b'stard to change as the old threadlock was doing a good job of blocking the threads
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Got a montane hydrogen jacket, £50 instead of £160 from sportshoes.com. Ordered Wednesday at 8.30pm and it was here by 4pm the next day! All set for winter now…

They’ve still got a fair selection of montane kit at discounted prices.
slarge

Post by slarge »

A bikepacking superstar t shirt. Quite pleased with it as I think I earned it.....
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A bikepacking superstar t shirt. Quite pleased with it as I think I earned it.....
I did think that when you ordered it. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
nigelp

Post by nigelp »

Hello. New here, first post. I have two Marin ‘vintage’ bikes that I had serviced and made road worthy. The Pine Mountian is my road, gravel and shopping bike! Needed new tyres so went with these Continental Raceking - seem to roll along nicely provide enough cushioning and bounce for gravel and off road sections.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I was always a fan of Race Kings (and Speed Kings) but could just never get them to set up tubeless in a reliable manner.
May the bridges you burn light your way
nigelp

Post by nigelp »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:53 am I was always a fan of Race Kings (and Speed Kings) but could just never get them to set up tubeless in a reliable manner.
I like them (I have tubes) but at lower pressures on the road them seem a bit ‘bouncy’. Will get a few more rides in and see what type pressure works best.
redefined_cycles

Ain't she gorgeous! Prong EVO from lovely Travers...
redefined_cycles

Bought probably the cheapest Bolt ever sold. £31 plus postage. As spare for the BB...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

#shootmenow
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Just look at the picture on the box John, you are one of the cool kids now!
nigelp wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:50 am Hello. New here, first post. I have two Marin ‘vintage’ bikes that I had serviced and made road worthy. The Pine Mountian is my road, gravel and shopping bike! Needed new tyres so went with these Continental Raceking - seem to roll along nicely provide enough cushioning and bounce for gravel and off road sections.
Me and friends were recently reminiscing about using conti verticals on all our bikes (26ers) and how they used to cost 11 quid....

Postie brought me some Zenith track hubs, Mavic open pro rims and sapim race spokes. The Steamroller is getting blinged. This weekend I will mostly be building a radial spoked front wheel.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:32 pm Image

#shootmenow
Nice knowing you John.

Stu, pass me the bolt gun.

😉