The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by voodoo_simon »

A pair of pink binoculars and a childrens field guide to birds, so took mini-voodoo birdwatching this morning :-bd

Spotted bourse martins and some damselflies too
Attachments
0B13E31F-AE06-4B31-ACD4-E9BB41979ABC.jpeg
0B13E31F-AE06-4B31-ACD4-E9BB41979ABC.jpeg (145.2 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A trophy for project Death-Trap.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

Nice one Stu .
I am pleased someone else recognises the attention to detail that went into that :smile:
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

A new saddle which after a 35 mile trial ride will probably shortly up in the classifieds section.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

After weeks of moaning to Mango Bikes (shocking customer service when there's a problem) about my 3.5 year old single speed commuter going rusty already they finally sent me this replacement frame out, which arrived at home this morning.

Ain't no one going to rob this one from me as I cycle through Kirkby every day
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

After weeks of moaning to Mango Bikes (shocking customer service when there's a problem) about my 3.5 year old single speed commuter going rusty already they finally sent me this replacement frame out, which arrived at home this morning.

Ain't no one going to rob this one from me as I cycle through Kirkby every day
psling

Post by psling »

... and just dropped off a package from Shaf, a rather nice PHD gilet :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

psling wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:32 am ... and just dropped off a package from Shaf, a rather nice PHD gilet :-bd
Glad we could recreate the feeling of accomplishment (at getting a PHD gilet without selling a kidney) yet again. It too felt so nice when it came through my door Peter. Lets see how ling it takes you to find the secret zippers... :-bd
psling

Post by psling »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:41 am Glad we could recreate the feeling of accomplishment (at getting a PHD gilet without selling a kidney) yet again. It too felt so nice when it came through my door Peter. Lets see how ling it takes you to find the secret zippers... :-bd
Already found :cool: Was hoping to find a bit of loose change in there but no luck :lol: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
redefined_cycles

psling wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:53 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:41 am Glad we could recreate the feeling of accomplishment (at getting a PHD gilet without selling a kidney) yet again. It too felt so nice when it came through my door Peter. Lets see how ling it takes you to find the secret zippers... :-bd
Already found :cool: Was hoping to find a bit of loose change in there but no luck :lol: :wink:
:lol: if I'd thought of it I would have popped in some 5ers (in pence obviously) :grin:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

psling wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:32 am ... and just dropped off a package from Shaf, a rather nice PHD gilet :-bd
My shaf pack also arrived with tyres. Can report a lack of loose change in mine so raising a Paypal case
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
rivers

Post by rivers »

My alpkit deluge 13 litre handlebar bag arrived today. I think it might be too big for my bike. I need something in between a 5 litre and 13 litre bag it seems...
redefined_cycles

Dave Barter wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:55 am
My shaf pack also arrived with tyres. Can report a lack of loose change in mine so raising a Paypal case
Oh dear... :grin:
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

My tires landed as well

Trying to workout whether to go fatter at the back or the front for bog trotting
redefined_cycles

riderdown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:59 pm My tires landed as well

Trying to workout whether to go fatter at the back or the front for bog trotting
Thinner at the back and fatter upfront is my opinion... madMax style?
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Thinking fat at the back like a motorbike
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

riderdown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 pm Thinking fat at the back like a motorbike
Surely that’s only bigger at the back for traction to stop the wheel spinning/slipping? so fat at the front for grip in the corners and let the back slide a bit for a mountain bike setup (that’s always been my setup or matching)
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

With a wizard works framebag for the gravel***ker. Got 15% off from bikepacking.com so made it pretty good value. Very impressed with quality and will allow a 1 litre bottle on my seat tube plus a 650ml one on the down tube.
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

The thought is that the weight is mainly on the rear and the aim is to try and avoid sinking on on soft moorland paths.

It will be slower but I like the slow but steady progress over anything feel I get on 3.0 tyres. It's like driving an old landrover
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I switched from 27.5x2.8 front and back on my rigid bike to 2.8 front/29x2.2rear, and have rarely used the 2.8
rear since. You still get that "bulldozer" feel from the fat front, but it feels less cumbersome all round.
redefined_cycles

Endura Singletrack pants (1st edition). Like buses and nurses... Don't come for ages then 2 come at once (second pair in medium also ordered but will need to figure out how to remove the discolouration from the buttocks and make em black again!?).
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

With a 'wildskygear' DCF tarp. A bit spendy but very light and I'm currently going through a period of 'f*** it you could be dead tomorrow, spend the money while you can' (which I'll likely regret later in the year) allied to an incoming lightweight pole this will get my tarp / bivvy bag kit down below the weight of my event bivvy bag. Next up a DCF borah bivvy bag.....
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

A Cicerone guide book, Julian Alps of Slovenia -mountain walks and a 25K map Triglav/Bohinj of the are around the Bohinj area.
I'm getting a little excited. then I have found out I client I visited today has tested positive. for several days. .. I should have been notified.. :shock: :roll:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
faustus

Post by faustus »

A cricket bell for the MTB and some double sided sticky sheet for putting badges on without sewing...
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Some pegs from Joe’s shop to replace my missus’ posh titanium ones that I keep losing.