The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by redefined_cycles »

Why not just gets some reusable ties :???: :grin: (thats on my jobs list :-bd )
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I already have a bunch, but the combo is actually reasonably good. A bit tougher than the original.

Still cut through it in seconds, but that's not what it's for. Just has the advantage of not being able to open it with a paperclip. :)
redefined_cycles

I was only put off from them cos there was talks of siezures (not sure if anti epileptics would work)... But maybe you've got a newer version and maybe the talks of seizures were written by those that are seizure prone (and easily unhappy)...

How much and what weights?? :geek:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

£16.99, and 100g.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I've done two of those! :grin:

Also, on topic:

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Pyjama party?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

They do get a little rough out here in the 'burbs... :lol:

Also, some new pedals, and a teeny tiny (32mm) stem.

tomwardill

Post by tomwardill »

And dropped off my new Lanshan 1, in about a week from aliexpress.
Not the two person tent to take the dog away, but needed something for some mini-touring planned for later in the year.

Pole extender also ordered, and a footprint on the way.

Now I just need to work out how to pitch the thing without using a million pegs.
redefined_cycles

Brotect screen protector for the Elmnt Roam... Came the other day and just attached it now. Seems like they were sent the wrong dimensions or someone was having a laff... :roll:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

That's not ideal. lol
redefined_cycles

Have messaged the seller on fleabay. Seems its a german company (Brotect) who've obviously got their dimensions wrong (or thought noone would notice)
redefined_cycles

He came again. Brought with him a shiny cnc mach8ned adaptor to stick my Lumenator with GoPro adaptor on the stem bolts...

Then I opened to packaging and in it was A Dirty Zitto branded part.... Heart sunk (but not too much) as previous expereince of removing a Zitto bottom bracket from my new (to me) steel frameset - handbuilt, boutique so not sure why stupid (and rude) previous owner would use such a sub standard BB - showed they dont really bother about getting their dimensions precise.

So, beware... Stay away from ZITTO branded bits

And here comes the horror* bit

*2 times 0.7mm gaps and because the Zitto adaptor is cnc'd 8ts no point trying to clamp the bolt down (I already tried) and the light is just loose in there... Now, need to figure out how to cure it and thinking along the lines of epoxy-ing some 0.7mm washers (which I dont have yet) in there... :roll:

EDIT: I have clamped it down (about 12nm of force) and it is gripping enough to work but its still substandard. The usual go pro mount (another copy which is on the garmin outfront mount) is actually 3.5mm, 3.5mm, 2mm protrsusions into which the light/bracket slots into... :sad:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bloody hell you're keen ... surgical gloves to fit a bracket to the bars :wink:
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:28 pm Bloody hell you're keen ... surgical gloves to fit a bracket to the bars :wink:
Haha. No Stu. That was just to get copper paste on the bolts - and moreso for when I bring Stan in to do the hydraulic hose cutting thingy soon after - when reattsching the fresh new ones with the bracket into the stem.

Before Luke chimes in, no their not from work :lol:
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

There's nothing wrong with reappropriation of work equipment ,Jesus whenever we needed a manufacturer's tool for a job it was a standing joke it if wasn't on the shadow board it was in my garage :wink: ,but now I just stick to nitrile gloves,split pins,cable ties , cans of silicon and brake cleaner :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

'reappropriation' - I always think 'on extended loan' leaves the door open to extract oneself from any 'what me guv?' embarrassing situations :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

:lol: i shouldn't but :lol: no rrappropriation for me. Plus, currently am fasting so would amplify the wrongness I've done :grin: although there has been time when something was gonna get chucked in the bin (and potentially after seeling permission) I might have used a LNT pronciple and saved some extra landfill :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Keela Roadrunners.

Having gifted my Endura Singletracks I was on the lookout for something that would be less "flappy" when wet and these were recommended to me a few years ago.

Can't, obviously, review them yet but they're slightly stretch and close fitting so seem to handle my #1 requirement. Fit seems spot on for the new, svelte, me. Lots of nice wee touches. I might consider a pair of their Scuffer cousins at some point.
Last edited by ScotRoutes on Wed May 29, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Well done and congrats (and erm... thanks again :-bd ). Hope they last you well and interested to see how you get on with them. Apprently army/forces issue aswell (or something like that which possibly you told me anyway)...

The STs are going well and I will surely drive them in to the ground for you. As I did my previous ones... :grin:
redefined_cycles

My 2 bags (other being a lovely custom job for the carbon pole/s) came through from BB towers.. as an extra bonus its green version which might go nicely with the colour scheme (I know)...

Thanks Stuart :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

a tick removal tool

God middle age life is exciting .
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I've been looking for a suitable bike to take part in the L'Eroica event that is held in the Rioja region not far from us. I wanted a barn-find that I could restore but was having no luck as most Spanish roadies are much smaller than me. Stumbled on this being sold by a Dutch lady near us who had no idea what it was. Paid the princely sum of €75, it's a 1972 Peugeot Record du Monde and is original and in full working order. There's a bit of surface rust but otherwise decent condition, I'll have to wait till next year's event as this year's is this weekend but should have it looking good by then. It's a 57cm so fits me just fine. :-bd
redefined_cycles

pistonbroke wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:25 pm I've been looking for a suitable bike to take part in the L'Eroica event that is held in the Rioja region not far from us. I wanted a barn-find that I could restore but was having no luck as most Spanish roadies are much smaller than me. Stumbled on this being sold by a Dutch lady near us who had no idea what it was. Paid the princely sum of €75, it's a 1972 Peugeot Record du Monde and is original and in full working order. There's a bit of surface rust but otherwise decent condition, I'll have to wait till next year's event as this year's is this weekend but should have it looking good by then. It's a 57cm so fits me just fine. :-bd
Wow... well done. Lovely are them retro thingies. I once had the good fortune to restore one at a local freecycle place. Loved the way it rode (I think from the gear -proper oldie retro dura ace and some stickers - it had probably been throigh the hands of one of the legendary oldie riders of, well... old... rode lovely. Didnt lile the thuddiness though wgenever going slightly non-smooth...
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Two Acepac feedbags where waiting for me in work on my return to retail detention this morning;

Image20190531_111346 by Escape Goat, on Flickr