The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Jurassic

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Jurassic »

A big box from Gloucestershire with my new fat bike frame, forks, Hope headset and dropper post. Just need to put it all together now! :grin:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Some front wheel bearings for the Fatbike (2, plus 2 spare), now chilling in the freezer.

I ordered them from Wych yesterday afternoon!
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:33 am Some front wheel bearings for the Fatbike (2, plus 2 spare), now chilling in the freezer.
I didn't realise bearings needed acclimatising :lol:
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

... and brought me a bit of birthday bike bling

Imagestemcap by Shewie, on Flickr
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

26 " tyres a Minion and high roller II -its the eary 2000 in my house again :wink:

A set of the nite rider bargain lights [ thanks techno]
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

A USB-A charger lead with multiple heads for different devices (Apple, micro-USB, USB-C).

It's so ridiculously convenient compared to carrying or swapping individual leads. I'm almost embarrassed this is the first time I've "found" this :oops:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Some more bits you're not interested in and a lovely pair of Travers Prong forks for the WRT raffle prize pot, which you might be. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Senor Charrleh

Post by Senor Charrleh »

He brought Spank Pedals in Purple and a CushCore Bead Dropper tyre lever.. very handy for when your hands are cold. Finally it also appears someone ordered a cat!
Attachments
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 1882 times
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I’m away in Scotland but apparently my DEC Vaxstation 3100 has arrived. I’m a sad sad person
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:18 pm I’m away in Scotland but apparently my DEC Vaxstation 3100 has arrived. I’m a sad sad person
What kind of hoover is that? :grin:
does it wash aswell? :ugeek:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:18 pm I’m away in Scotland but apparently my DEC Vaxstation 3100 has arrived. I’m a sad sad person
Is that an X term? That brings back 30 year old memories...
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

Bit of a mini splurge, with stuff turned up today...

Banana Industries sale - 900ml steel flask, some cool socks and a Wild Roots turbo lighter thingy (lid is a bit plasticky and lightweight but otherwise looks ok)

Alpkit Spacesaver sale: New version Fuel Cell (regular), Drift inflatable pillow and, now the sun has come out and Spring has sprung, a Baffin insulated cap with ear flaps!

Keep looking at the Alpkit Mora mossie net, and Mora underquilt to go with the hammock I got a few weeks ago, but thinking my old Cloud Cover could be used as an underquilt? Anyone tried?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Anyone tried?
Not me but yes, with reasonable success I believe.
May the bridges you burn light your way
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

^that's good to know. Though naively I trimmed the cinch cords at both ends on mine not so long ago. Could never fathom why they were so bloomin' long and after waking up again with them round my neck! Now I'm thinking they were meant to be that length to help attach to the daisy chain / carabiner fixing for a hammock.... doh...:oops:
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Postie dropped off a DeWidget Double Dangler, and thanks again Allen. Cool little gadget that is going onto my Fatty and make fitting those peskie Alpkit Stem Cells so much easier. :-bd
I'm just going outside ...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

L2R24 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm Keep looking at the Alpkit Mora mossie net, and Mora underquilt to go with the hammock I got a few weeks ago, but thinking my old Cloud Cover could be used as an underquilt? Anyone tried?
John Climber did so, he posted some shots of him using it on the BAM thread from a couple of years ago. More than likely pre-Covid so 2019 or even 2018.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

whitestone wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:48 pm
L2R24 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm Keep looking at the Alpkit Mora mossie net, and Mora underquilt to go with the hammock I got a few weeks ago, but thinking my old Cloud Cover could be used as an underquilt? Anyone tried?
John Climber did so, he posted some shots of him using it on the BAM thread from a couple of years ago. More than likely pre-Covid so 2019 or even 2018.
Think I'll give it a go in that case, subject to the newly shortened cinch cords allowing me to secure to hammock carabiner fixing. Some hammock experimentation in the woods required this weekend I think
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ah! Great days! Wot yer gonna do with her Dave?

I've still got my System 10 control panel 'souvenir' in the loft. But not the rest of her unfortunately. Not sure my loft would be big enough. Or the house come to that :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:45 pm
Ah! Great days! Wot yer gonna do with her Dave?

I've still got my System 10 control panel 'souvenir' in the loft. But not the rest of her unfortunately. Not sure my loft would be big enough. Or the house come to that :smile: .
Just generally tinker about in DCL. Maybe even get her on the internet.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

L2R24 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm ….. but thinking my old Cloud Cover could be used as an underquilt? Anyone tried?

Me too. I got my sister-in-law to sew a channel of ribbon along the long edges (she’s clever like that) and threaded some thin bungee down them. It’s my go-to summer underquilt. In the winter I make a foot box using the poppers and use it as a quilt liner, with a beefier underquilt under the hammock.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Mart

Post by Mart »

A wheel shaped box from those lovely people at @KeepPedaling :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
psling

Post by psling »

A lovely Paramo Velez Light smock in bright pumpkin flavour arrived.
It's an item I'd been after for what seemed like a very long time and had been checking availability in my size on-and-off but without any success, everywhere being out of stock, even Paramo themselves. Had a quick look recently and there they were, in my size available at Paramo and I had a discount voucher too so the button was pressed.
A lot lighter weight than my old Velez and as it turns out just the job for the weather we are currently experiencing :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
faustus

Post by faustus »

Alpkit rear fuel pod arrived after buying it in the sale. Probably don't need it, but nice that it's slimmer than the 'front' fuel pods I normally put at the back.
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Mart wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:38 am A wheel shaped box from those lovely people at @KeepPedaling :-bd
Really - as in 'flat, cylindrical' box

That's cool