The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ledburner

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by ledburner »

A little mis-picked order from Point North, ChesterImage.
Tera 60 thread is fine and amazingly fine.
The black zip should be 6mm like the beige on. It is heavy duty and 8mm.,
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

A few tools - Victorinox bike wrench, Park chain tool & Lezyne mini pump, Co2 canister/adapter and a small fitting with tyre levers and space for easy patches. Now just need to learn how to use them :grin: Sad, really.

Sea to Summit collapsible silicone cup.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ledburner wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:24 pm A little mis-picked order from Point North, ChesterImage.
Tera 60 thread is fine and amazingly fine.
The black zip should be 6mm like the beige on. It is heavy duty and 8mm.,
And you thought I was seeing things/ lost the plot, here the picture of the beige zip. Image
A lot smaller than the black zip especially the puller!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Rapideye wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:57 pm A few tools - Victorinox bike wrench, Park chain tool & Lezyne mini pump, Co2 canister/adapter and a small fitting with tyre levers and space for easy patches. Now just need to learn how to use them :grin: Sad, really.

Sea to Summit collapsible silicone cup.
This weekends project- learning to use the new tools. :-bd
So next weekend is putting it back together in the right order within spec. :???: :lol

:
You won't be the first! :roll:
As we say in my family, when 'mechanic-ing'.
He's finding out how it used to work'. :lol:

I'm sure you be fine :grin:
And you've a collapsable cup for the left overs! :-bd
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

With an Alpkit Griffon mid-layer fleece in "brick". Well at least it's not black, grey or blue!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

With a pair of Revelate Willawaw pogies.....for next winter :-bd
faustus

Post by faustus »

Very nice 2nd hand ortlieb frame bag arrived from turfroof off 'ere :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Some free bamboo socks from BAM, telling me I can have 15% off with an order. I like the company but prices are fairly premium.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:12 am Some free bamboo socks from BAM, telling me I can have 15% off with an order. I like the company but prices are fairly premium.
I finally caved and bought some more skids and socks recently. I think it took 3 separate pairs of free socks to build up a sufficient obligation in me to order something from them :wink:

Them and Howies - sale gear only.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

My BAM boxers didn't last long at all. Maybe they're not designed to be riding in, were nice and comfy though and the antibac effect was already seen from the BB tshirts.

Anyway, postie turned up today with a Revelate Spinelock from here which Stefan ( www.pannier.cc who was also cheapest in the UK) gave me an extra few quid off. Came with a roundel which I'll proudly glue onto the Apidura framepack.

Also from Chris up in Scitland some beautiful new grips to go on the Ramin hopefully...

Oh, and a Westhighland way postcard from them too as well as a sticky patch from Chris
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:10 pm

Also from Chris up in Scitland some beautiful new grips to go on the Ramin hopefully...

Glad the grips got there ok!
RIP

Post by RIP »

Book. 'Revolutions: How Women Changed The World On Two Wheels". Not started it yet, added to the pile. Rather topical I feel, given the thread round the corner.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Hurry up Mr postman,

Actually it's not the postman I'm waiting for the lads are making me a couple more custom bags for my gravel bike, they said what colour....I said as long is it's not red or blue like my other bikes surprise me :roll:

Time will tell
trogladytes

Post by trogladytes »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:37 pm Book. 'Revolutions: How Women Changed The World On Two Wheels". Not started it yet, added to the pile. Rather topical I feel, given the thread round the corner.
ooh that looks good, i think i'll get it. i'll be interested to hear what you think of it too.
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd

(a little way down the pile at the moment)

Gari

Post by Gari »

Hi John, who are the guys making the custom top tube bags again? I’m in the market for some custom frame bags etc. Cheers.
RIP

Post by RIP »

trogladytes wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 pm
RIP wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:37 pm Book. 'Revolutions: How Women Changed The World On Two Wheels". Not started it yet, added to the pile. Rather topical I feel, given the thread round the corner.
ooh that looks good, i think i'll get it. i'll be interested to hear what you think of it too.
Moved to top of pile. Just quickly skimmed before starting properly and it looks flippin' brilliant. Lots of politics, lots of strong characters, lots of historical factoids ("In the 1880s around a third of British and American bike owners were female. That proportion is lower today.", "mountain biker Missy Giove was notable... also for her tattoos, piercings and lucky charms, including the desiccated body of a pet piranha that hung from a necklace, and the ashes of a beloved dog that she sprinkled in her bra before each race", " The Women’s Social and Political Union’s arson attacks were also administered on wheels, including the so-called “pillar-box outrages” of 1913, when suffragettes poured ink and flammable liquids – sometimes using an inner tube – into post boxes", "The invention of the boneshakers of the 1860s and penny farthings of the 1870s opened up new vistas of transport and recreation: sociologists credit the bicycle with a decrease in genetic faults associated with inbreeding" etc etc).

Don't think it's officially out yet? Got from inside...

Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

One of those gas canister topperupper valve thingamajigs mentioned in the other thread. Hope I don't disappear in a big blue flash! :???:
trogladytes

Post by trogladytes »

RIP wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:57 pm
trogladytes wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 pm
Moved to top of pile. Just quickly skimmed before starting properly and it looks flippin' brilliant. Lots of politics, lots of strong characters, lots of historical factoids ("In the 1880s around a third of British and American bike owners were female. That proportion is lower today.", "mountain biker Missy Giove was notable... also for her tattoos, piercings and lucky charms, including the desiccated body of a pet piranha that hung from a necklace, and the ashes of a beloved dog that she sprinkled in her bra before each race", " The Women’s Social and Political Union’s arson attacks were also administered on wheels, including the so-called “pillar-box outrages” of 1913, when suffragettes poured ink and flammable liquids – sometimes using an inner tube – into post boxes", "The invention of the boneshakers of the 1860s and penny farthings of the 1870s opened up new vistas of transport and recreation: sociologists credit the bicycle with a decrease in genetic faults associated with inbreeding" etc etc).

Don't think it's officially out yet? Got from inside...
I ordered the kindle version, out Thursday, and i'm really looking forward to it after that write up, you should be on commission!
RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile: Just happy to spread the word

benp1

Post by benp1 »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:37 pm "The invention of the boneshakers of the 1860s and penny farthings of the 1870s opened up new vistas of transport and recreation: sociologists credit the bicycle with a decrease in genetic faults associated with inbreeding" etc etc).
I'd heard that the mass take up of the bicycle improved the gene pool because suddenly partners from surrounding towns and villages were now an option. Can't remember the source though
RIP

Post by RIP »

Actually I'm not sure that us in here are a particularly good advert for this description, we've probably set the gene pool back a bit: " sociologists credit the bicycle with a decrease in genetic faults associated with inbreeding" :lol: .

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

This weekends project- learning to use the new tools. :-bd/quote]

You put the kiss of death on it! Packed all the new tools to the bike for the first time and went out with dog for 10m ride, while scoping out a spot for my 1st overnight (nice little spot by a lake). Got a puncture...No worries, I've the stuff to sort that. Bloody hell, could not get the tyre levers underneath to prise off the tyre and had to give up. Soldiered on before walking the last mile home. Had to Google a solution. Learnt something for next time.

Sorry to hijack the thread...carry on.
Mickey Wong

Post by Mickey Wong »

Gari wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:26 am Hi John, who are the guys making the custom top tube bags again? I’m in the market for some custom frame bags etc. Cheers.
They are from Custom Merit Gear, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands :wink:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

...with his truck (may not have been the actual postman, your postman may vary) and dropped off a heap of treated 4x4, 2x6, 2x4 and 2x3, and various aggregates - including two different sizes of gravel (no w*****g necessary, do I need different tyres for 10 and 20mm gravel? Maybe a different bike? :lol: )

So that's my weekend sorted :grin: