The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by BigdummySteve »

I keep meaning to break my chain and add a second quick link so I can quickly single speed it in the event of mashing the rear mech, though thinking about the price of an AXS mech I think I’d take the option of curling up in the mud and crying instead :lol:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

BigdummySteve wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:29 pm curling up in the mud and crying instead :lol:
Stevo you've impressively and succinctly summarised BaM there. If it's being done properly.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Nah, since losing a wife I’ve decided misery is overrated :lol: I think TBD has got it right, keep meaning to give him a shout about a proper luxury bivvy again, I’m talking rack,panniers and a full 5 star outdoor dining experience including cocktails :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

X_X You've almost got the set there. R*ck, p@nniers, t#nt, ch@ir. The four points of the flaming antibikepacker cross :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

A pair of "Menora" 4 pot brakes from AliExpress. Essentially rebadged Clarks M4s which are totally unavailable anywhere - even asked Clarks themselves who have none.
These seem totally spot on and were £41 for the pair, delivered from China in a week. They're even right hand front/left hand rear.
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

20" voile straps x 4. The price had put me offf or a while, but now fitted to the fork cages bought earlier in the week, I can see why they get a good rep....
Free delivery from Bikemonger, ordered Wednesday night, received Friday :cool:

In less good news, Tailfin emailed to say the 2 Sept delivery of my Aeropack has slipped to end of the month due to supply chain issues... :sad:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Two boxset DVDs - The Prisoner (renowned) and Sapphire & Steel (niche). No more saddles though.

ergaster

Post by ergaster »

Some goodies from Joe; Dry bags, Ti mug, wash kit. Hopefully I'll test them in anger tomorrow.
“‘What day is it?’ asked Pooh.
‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet.
‘My favourite day,’ said Pooh.”
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

2x hump jackets from their sale on freewheel (£10 from £70), one for me and one for Mrs-voodoo. Seems alright, not quite the quality I’m used to but the hi viz will be perfect in the winter on those wet, dark nights :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh, a new mandrel tube bender - must be frame building time :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Post by benp1 »

A replacement 170mm blade for my silky pocket boy and a new 270mm gomboy. Impressive bit of kit!
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:41 pm Two boxset DVDs - The Prisoner (renowned) and Sapphire & Steel (niche)
My mum missed the last episode of the prisoner when it was first on the telly as she had to go to a wedding, waited 30 years for the repeats, wishes she hadn't bothered, allegedly there should have been a second series that was cancelled? Hence the odd ending?

Have you seen the Sapphire and Steel before?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

With a Duro Crux 27.5x 3.25 from Unicycle after a bit of advice from Phil ( htrider ) it's huge !
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

An intercooler or charge-cooler to give it its correct name off a London taxi of all things :???:
May the bridges you burn light your way
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

Midge head nets
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:11 pm
RIP wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:41 pm Two boxset DVDs - The Prisoner (renowned) and Sapphire & Steel (niche)
My mum missed the last episode of the prisoner when it was first on the telly as she had to go to a wedding, waited 30 years for the repeats, wishes she hadn't bothered, allegedly there should have been a second series that was cancelled? Hence the odd ending?

Have you seen the Sapphire and Steel before?
McGoohan went off to do some filming during the last few episodes which held things up a bit. There was an intention to do another series but then as you say it got cancelled so he had to write the "last" episode quite quickly, and in it he attempted to wrap a few things up but also to express a few of his life philosophies so it was a bit tangled.

Yep, seen Sapphire & Steel but not all episodes. Very quirky. Very slow-burn. Doubt many people these days would have the staying power to watch it.

RIP

Post by RIP »

yourguitarhero wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:41 pm Midge head nets
Sort of like Hilda Ogden hairnets but for tiny insects? Neat! :smile:

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 pm Yep, seen Sapphire & Steel but not all episodes. Very quirky. Very slow-burn. Doubt many people these days would have the staying power to watch it.
Trying to avoid spoilers... I think I remember one where they ended up trapped in a single room in space? I had nightmares about it after seeing it as a nipper.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
arkay

Post by arkay »

Nearly new Alpkit tent arrived today from sqibjib. Put it up in the lounge and seems very quick and easy. Might be able to get out and test it properly in the next few days.
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:17 pm
RIP wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 pm Yep, seen Sapphire & Steel but not all episodes. Very quirky. Very slow-burn. Doubt many people these days would have the staying power to watch it.
Trying to avoid spoilers... I think I remember one where they ended up trapped in a single room in space? I had nightmares about it after seeing it as a nipper.
Yeah, behind-the-sofa stuff really. And I was 20 years old by then so that looked a bit pathetic :wink: . Saw the spooky railway station one a while ago. Took me a while afterward before I plucked up courage to buy some tickets from our local station....

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

A superb MLD inner mesh tent for my Duomid. It was not cheap and from the USA, but somehow arrived via the postie without the usual card through the letter box asking for import duties. Shhhhh ... don't tell anyone.
I'm just going outside ...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

TheBrownDog wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:30 pm A superb MLD inner mesh tent for my Duomid. It was not cheap and from the USA, but somehow arrived via the postie without the usual card through the letter box asking for import duties. Shhhhh ... don't tell anyone.
:grin: we'll stay quiet :grin:
it might cost ya! =))
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
slarge

Post by slarge »

More preparation for the Tour Divide next year:
- clips to attach the inner to the outer on the TN Pulse tent - this is to make setting it up quicker and less fiddly as the existing method involves elastic and tying loops.

a Sinewave Revolution - surprised at the tiny size of the thing. Will have a play at the weekend and hook it up to the dynamo.

Still to come:
some carbon pegs from Stu (to replace the tiny Ti pegs that came with the TN Pulse tent - they're a bit impractical....)
Apidura water pouch thing for the frame bag - as reviewed by John Climber. Will see how it fits....
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

A parcel from Wales containing a fab looking Acepac seat harness, to go match the handlebar harness I got a while ago, and some fuel bottles. I only ordered it yesterday, rapid delivery, cheers Stu.
directdrive

Post by directdrive »

yourguitarhero wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:01 am A pair of "Menora" 4 pot brakes from AliExpress. Essentially rebadged Clarks M4s which are totally unavailable anywhere - even asked Clarks themselves who have none.
These seem totally spot on and were £41 for the pair, delivered from China in a week. They're even right hand front/left hand rear.
would be interested in a medium/long term update on how these pan out!