The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Piemonster

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Piemonster »

Piemonster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:55 am I can confirm the Tranny is taxed, insured, and has a valid MOT.

There was an incident with a digger which rearranged some minor cosmetic elements. It’ll buff out I’m sure. The oil drum ‘scrap heap challenge thingy’ if your curious, is actually part of a temporary gate to go on an undeveloped construction site. Made out of whatever my neighbour can find in his ‘heap’.

It is with much sadness I report the Transit, is actually, officially, ******. Decisions are being made as to whether the vehicle is cut up and moved in pieces, or bodged and dragged to its final resting (crushing) place.
RIP

Post by RIP »

... with OS LR 148 and 161 from dash4it for an upcoming jape with some esteemed residents of this parish....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

161, it's a good map Reg.
May the bridges you burn light your way
psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:46 am 161, it's a good map Reg.
As is 148

Both well thumbed and covered with pencil and highlighter in my household :cool:
RIP wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:51 am ... for an upcoming jape with some esteemed residents of this parish....
The farmers are looking forward to your visit Reg, apparently it has been quite a dry year so far and they need some rain... :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

With another used Garmin Dakota bought from fleabay for 50 bar - its in good nick with little in the way of use. Based on the GPX tracks on it they were a roadie! My original one is just about done, I got another one a few years ago which had barely been used (also for 50 quid) so I should be good for GPS's for a while. I noted that etrex 30's go for big money on ebay whilst the dakotas seem to be cheap as chips....
RIP

Post by RIP »

It certainly is. Peter mentions farmers, but I'm sure you will have already sussed that being Reg & Co we'll be visiting bits of that map where we're most unlikely to be troubling any farmers :wink: .
Last edited by RIP on Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

psling wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:06 am The farmers are looking forward to your visit Reg, apparently it has been quite a dry year so far and they need some rain... :wink:
Perhaps you could reassure them by sending a link to the ridiculous caper that your good self, MaM, Pickers and Reg 'enjoyed' at exactly this time two or three years ago :grin: . As I recall, it was a little harder to reach the northern side of the Dyfi than usual....

History repeats....
Last edited by RIP on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Oh, it might also be mentioned that apparently we will be following what I believe is known as 'a route', due to certain constraints which may become clear in the fullness of time.

It's been explained to me what 'a route' is. I'm not sure I fully understand the concept, and from the sound of it it's not something I would like to indulge in on a frequent basis, but luckily the aforementioned luminaries will hopefully be there to guide me and keep me on the [un]straight and narrow.

RIP

Post by RIP »

.... with the next ridiculous experiment in the ongoing saddle saga. Smaller than I expected which is good. Remember with this one the two "halves" can be adjusted sideways depending on how commodious your rear is! Will report back once tested.

The previous attempt certainly stopped all rubbing and chafing in delicate areas but wasn't all that comfy on the sit bones. This one also has no "middle" but a seemingly better sitting area so we'll see.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I think you've perhaps just bought a pair of 'plum rests' Reg.

Terry the post brought me a lovely turned intake trumpet that I've now butchered to fit my plenum chamber - not only will the shape help smooth / speed air flow but it's also doubled the intake area ... exciting I know. Ooh, he also brought Ruby a biscuit as he does.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

I've invested in tools for general bike & household maintenance. I shattered the 'CrV' bit ,with the Impact drill. lesson learnt, buy use impact rated bits:roll: :-bd
IMG_22082021_224415_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg
IMG_22082021_224415_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg (118.32 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
I orginally went for gutter joints & clips, at the local builders merchants. :roll:
I remembered those as well :-bd
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

Pair of PlanetX fork bags and cages for the Silk Road. Was going to get a pair of BBB Stackpacks but seemed quite difficult to find in the UK and these were a little cheaper, with an extra 10% off this weekend. Quite impressed to be honest, cages hold the bags (I went for the 4L ones) securely, though may replace the straps with voile ones or similar...
faustus

Post by faustus »

Some rather beautiful things from Velo Orange...
Boab

Post by Boab »

Not the postman, as I had to go into an actual shop... It was really wet with dew this morning, so wore my slightly knackered neoprene overshoes, which finally gave up the ghost. It was time to buy a pair of these anyway, and I was walking passed Decathlon.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

A delivery finally a set of Gate arrived for the driveway. 2 3 by 6-ft Gates, and the smaller pathway Gate,, a set of heavy buggers. Hope shifted some flab for Fat Fighters weigh in on Friday :-bd
I took them off in May and arranged for them to be baked in an industrial oven then shot blasted. In the powder coating company were going to do some welding get them galvanised and powder-coated. Somehow with lock Downs, paternity leave it's taken almost 4 months for them to come back they were delivered at 7 this evening and I managed to hang them.
I think that's double-brownie points - as all done before my tea, when it got dark.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Galv' and powdercoat - belt and braces indeed sir :-bd
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

faustus wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:27 pm Some rather beautiful things from Velo Orange...
Oh my goodness that seatpost is lovely. Going on a single speed that will never be ridden in the rain? Deserves it. Nice one. Hope it works as good as it looks.
I'm just going outside ...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:13 pm
whitestone wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:34 pm Consequently it had four quicklinks in it :shock:
A chain made entirely out of quicklinks would be interesting. Presumably you'd still need a spare quicklink to fix it?
first dibs on the chain!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

My 3rd DeWidget
An absolutely brilliant bit of kit for keeping top tube bags in place :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

ledburner wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 pm
whitestone wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:34 pm Consequently it had four quicklinks in it :shock:
A chain made entirely out of quicklinks would be interesting. Presumably you'd still need a spare quicklink to fix it?
first dibs on the chain!
Blimey how far back did that get dug up from?! Quite an entertaining notion of a chain made of quicklinks though, even if I say so meself :wink:

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm
ledburner wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 pm
first dibs on the chain!
Blimey how far back did that get dug up from?! Quite an entertaining notion of a chain made of quicklinks though, even if I say so meself :wink:
Reginald greetingand salutations,
- May the slug up your nose always be moist...

I blame the new forum upgrade,' for dredging that up... the postman's , been' notification flagged it up :grin: ,
so I wrote a comment,
then I notice the date but posted it anyway, cos no one else had bagged it! . :-bd

whitestone, so I'm still waiting to hear from you! :grin:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm A chain made entirely out of quicklinks would be interesting. Presumably you'd still need a spare quicklink to fix it?
When I oil my chain I do it a drop at a time onto each roller, starting at the quick-link so I know when I've been right round. Presumably I'd need 1 normal link to to start from/finish at on a quick-link chain :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:44 pm
RIP wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm A chain made entirely out of quicklinks would be interesting. Presumably you'd still need a spare quicklink to fix it?
When I oil my chain I do it a drop at a time onto each roller, starting at the quick-link so I know when I've been right round. Presumably I'd need 1 normal link to to start from/finish at on a quick-link chain :lol:
That's exactly what I do too. It's only mildly annoying when it's a brand new bike and the manufacturers have installed the chain with a pin. :roll:

Oh - and you can't have a chain made entirely out of quicklinks as each "quicklink" is only half a chain link.
faustus

Post by faustus »

...and all those quick links would work out REALLY expensive :grin:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

faustus wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:17 pm ...and all those quick links would work out REALLY expensive :grin:
And that's why I have first dibs on that chain, You're catching up now guys! :grin: