The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by sean_iow »

A Rockshox topcap tool and a bottomless token, hopefully to stiffen up the fork at the bottom of it's travel and reduce the number of OTBs.

Also, some Madison Roadrace 3/4 waterproof shorts, I have a pair already and they're great, but as they have now been reduced to half price (£34) I thought I should get another pair to have in stock for when my current ones are worn out.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Boab

Post by Boab »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm Also, some Madison Roadrace 3/4 waterproof shorts, I have a pair already and they're great, but as they have now been reduced to half price (£34) I thought I should get another pair to have in stock for when my current ones are worn out.
Link...?
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

K1100T wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm Link...?
https://www.madison.cc/shop/roadrace-ap ... 55/CL95505

Turns out I've miss-sold them, they're £34.99 so 99p more. They're quite warm but I prefer to be warmer and a bit sweaty than cold... I've done my share of being cold :lol: The elasticated bottom keeps the wind out and stops the rain/road-spray being driven up the leg.
Boab

Post by Boab »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:54 pm
K1100T wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm Link...?
https://www.madison.cc/shop/roadrace-ap ... 55/CL95505

Turns out I've miss-sold them, they're £34.99 so 99p more. They're quite warm but I prefer to be warmer and a bit sweaty than cold... I've done my share of being cold :lol: The elasticated bottom keeps the wind out and stops the rain/road-spray being driven up the leg.
Found them eventually, loads of other stuff in the clearance section too. This could be expensive... 🤣
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

K1100T wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm Found them eventually, loads of other stuff in the clearance section too. This could be expensive... 🤣
Weirdly they don't seem to come up with a search? I ended up buying more socks as well :grin: Rapid free delivery from Freewheel as well plus my LBS get a small cut, so a win win win :-bd
Boab

Post by Boab »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:00 pm
K1100T wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm Found them eventually, loads of other stuff in the clearance section too. This could be expensive... 🤣
Weirdly they don't seem to come up with a search? I ended up buying more socks as well :grin: Rapid free delivery from Freewheel as well plus my LBS get a small cut, so a win win win :-bd
Looks like it depends which search box you search from! Which is why I asked for a link, as I couldn't find them either! 🤷
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

FOC replacement washers for the all new Thudbuster ST seat post I got last month from Shona of Keep Peddling.

Especially when you look at how the original ones had failed so quickly.

I just hope it's a batch issue and the new ones will last.

Oh and Shona also sent me a Thud Buster neoprene cover for it free of charge too.

Support the shops that support us :-bd

https://www.keeppedalling.co.uk/
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

...and delivered a Lanshan Pro 1 which I dutifully set up in the garden and seam sealed...

...I think I've found that task in life that I just can't do well, I don't think it's a patience thing or even a steadiness thing, I can rebuild hubs and be delicate when required. I just could not do a clean job on the seam sealing. I went for a more is better approach though so while it may look messy, it will at least be sealed.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I went for a more is better approach though so while it may look messy, it will at least be sealed.
Err no. When it comes to seam sealing, less is more as more can pull away from the fabric. A very thin (often diluted) layer is usually much better.
May the bridges you burn light your way
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Err no. When it comes to seam sealing, less is more as more can pull away from the fabric. A very thin (often diluted) layer is usually much better.
Thanks for that, having looked at it dried, it looks much better than expected and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with it when you pull the seams taut. Is there a knack to seam sealing? I used the provided Curved syringe which worked on and off. I used the Gear Aid sil stuff, what sort of dilution ratio would you use?

Cheers,

Andy
Boab

Post by Boab »

AndyTheBikeGuy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 pm ...and delivered a Lanshan Pro 1 which I dutifully set up in the garden and seam sealed...
That's a job I still have to do. What brand do people recommend for silnylon...?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's a job I still have to do. What brand do people recommend for silnylon...?
SilNet
Thanks for that, having looked at it dried, it looks much better than expected and there doesn’t seem to be an issue with it when you pull the seams taut. Is there a knack to seam sealing? I used the provided Curved syringe which worked on and off. I used the Gear Aid sil stuff, what sort of dilution ratio would you use?
I use a little brush. Dilution varies but if it's nice and thin, you can push it into the stitch holes rather than it just sit on top.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:21 pm
SilNet
I use a little brush. Dilution varies but if it's nice and thin, you can push it into the stitch holes rather than it just sit on top.
Thanks Stu. What do you dilute with? Water...?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Thanks Stu. What do you dilute with? Water...?
White spirit.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Any household silicone will do it too, I did my MLD Cricket with some left over clear Unibond I had from doing round the shower tray.

Roughly 1:2 with white spirits is nice to work with, soaks into the stitch lines too
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I find a sponge to be better for application. Just cut a piece off a washing up sponge and use the non scourer side
RIP

Post by RIP »

AK stem cap bracket thingy, after seeing Picton's one deployed for map presentation in conjunction with a chopping board attachment :smile: .

I thought it might be nice to mount a rocket launcher on it to retaliate against close-passing drivers. More benign would be a Tunnock's dispenser. But I suspect a map holder will be its designated purpose in the end, possibly superceding my bar-mounted KlixFix map holder.

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and delivered a Selk'bag 6G Original wearable sleeping bag. It's probably too big and heavy to take out on the bike, but maybe if we have to resort to emergency regulations again, I may try it in the back garden. It's actually for wearing in the shed while I work, as it was just too damn cold in there on Friday.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

...and delivered a long sought after set of 'beater 11's. 2 years, 20 quid a month less on beer...goal achieved. : )
After going through sets of 2's 'n 3's every year, will be interesting to see how the Ti wings fair by comparison.
bike_bling.jpg
(151.78 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Scattamah wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:00 am ...and delivered a long sought after set of 'beater 11's. 2 years, 20 quid a month less on beer...goal achieved. : )
After going through sets of 2's 'n 3's every year, will be interesting to see how the Ti wings fair by comparison.

bike_bling.jpg

Greetz

S.
Your a bit far for me to pop over and change the spindle bearings now mate so make them last :wink:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

K1100T wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:24 pm ... and delivered a Selk'bag 6G Original wearable sleeping bag. It's probably too big and heavy to take out on the bike, but maybe if we have to resort to emergency regulations again, I may try it in the back garden. It's actually for wearing in the shed while I work, as it was just too damn cold in there on Friday.
Wimp! But I want one :cool: Please tell me the specified weights aren't in kg? :shock:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

middleagedmadness wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:32 am Your a bit far for me to pop over and change the spindle bearings now mate so make them last :wink:
Yeah...the bike isn't doing as much swimming as it used to...that may help : )

Greetz

S.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

and dropped off a Rab VR flex vest.

Not my first VR top, nor Rab vest. It's quite thin so hoping this will get a lot of use as a goldilocks layer
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Bumper day today.

As well as exciting things like a new dyson and another insulated mug to replace my broken one, the custom made frame for my custom printed OS map to go in my office arrived.

It's an A0 size OS map of my home turf, with my house slightly south of centre. Really pleased with it (excuse the mess)
Attachments
office map.jpg
(72.49 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

(excuse the mess)
What mess is that? Don't ever, ever venture into my workshop :wink: