The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dave Barter

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Dave Barter »

sillybigfella wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:45 pm I shudder to think what the pen is used for…
Working things out
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

RIP wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:22 pm Having wittered about my shredded posterior earlier on I'm going to see if a different saddle does any good. When I say different, we're talking different.

Showed a few tongue in cheek photos at the start of the "Saddle" thread so I thought I'd try one of my suggestions. Money where mouth is etc. Don't like buying a replacement thing until the original wears out but I'm not prepared to wait for my arse to wear out and have to replace that.

This monstrosity was only the princely sum of twelve quid anyway. Presumably sweatshop product but it was posted in the UK so I shall fool myself it was handcrafted in a small workshop in Oswaldtwistle. Smaller/lighter than I expected so that's good.

It looks like some bizarre and perverse variation of a fleshlight (do not Google, NSFW). I know you're weird Reg but this is one step too far for me so I'm oot!

:wink:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:27 pm It looks like some bizarre and perverse variation of a fleshlight (do not Google, NSFW).
:lol: I shouldn't know what that is... but when I was once looking for a new frame I had 'Pipedream' as a saved search on eBay, it turns out you need to refine the category to 'cycling' as in addition to the UK firm making fine steel frames there's another company by the same name who make..... well those sort of things :lol: equally nsfw
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I may have accidentally had delivered today, through no fault of my own, just on account of circumstance, a folding e-bike to make my commute to London easier, faster and far less sweaty after the fucktards at my office decided to remove the shower during a COVD inspired renovation.

It might be one of these:

I'm just going outside ...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Nice selfie. You're not at all what I expected.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:15 pm Nice selfie. You're not at all what I expected.
Pfft ... LOL.

Cheers Colin
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I was just gonna say that lockdown's been kind to you Tim - remarkably so in fact.
May the bridges you burn light your way
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:22 pm I was just gonna say that lockdown's been kind to you Tim - remarkably so in fact.
Yeah it's done great things for my fashion sense and gender awareness.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Man to man, I think it's done more for your arse than it has your fashion sense.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I’m tempted by that electric folder for no rational reason whatsoever
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A late delivery from DHL Josh brought a 40l waterproof pack from Lomo to ferry my raft about in. Yes, it's quite a big raft.
psling

Post by psling »

Just out of curiosity, why would you need a waterproof pack for a packraft? Is it to keep it dry!?! :lol: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I was just wondering if it was worth having the raft. Can't you just paddle the bag?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just out of curiosity, why would you need a waterproof pack for a packraft? Is it to keep it dry!?! :lol: :wink:
It'll hopefully keep my socks dry Peter :wink:
I was just wondering if it was worth having the raft. Can't you just paddle the bag?
:grin:
ootini

Post by ootini »

TheBrownDog wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:03 pm
ootini wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:27 am Well, the postman didn't deliver it, but I've gone and bought myself an OnOne Fatty :mrgreen:
Welcome to the fold, brother. Pix? Did you go for the original model with the twin spar top tube? :-bd :-bd :-bd
I did indeed. Not really through choice, it was simply available locally, in good nick and at a great price. Saved me doing £1,700 in to Trek Farley just to see if I like fat.
Must admit, so far, I LOVE IT!
ootini

Post by ootini »

ootini wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:27 am Well, the postman didn't deliver it, but I've gone and bought myself an OnOne Fatty :mrgreen:
Welcome to the fold, brother. Pix? Did you go for the original model with the twin spar top tube? :-bd :-bd :-bd
I did indeed. Not really through choice, it was simply available locally, in good nick and at a great price. Saved me doing £1,700 in to a Trek Farley just to see if I like fat bikes or not.
Last edited by ootini on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

A fixed Diabolo that apparently had some faulty circuitry (I think my fault for allowing it to overheat whilst using it, inappropriately, as a hand torch for work :oops:).

Swift turn around by Matt at Exposure for the all in cost of £20. Pretty good I thought :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Crank belonging to project Death Trap. All reground, resized, de-sludged and acid cleaned. I'm £370 worse off but one step closer :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

ootini wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:45 am
I did indeed. Not really through choice, it was simply available locally, in good nick and at a great price. Saved me doing £1,700 in to Trek Farley just to see if I like fat.
:-bd
Just to say, the px tyres are very heavy. Fitting a set of Jumbo jims will make it roll much nicer and save a kilo. 4.25's for preference.

Postie brought my exposure race today - very nice and just what I was looking for size / power / weight wise.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

htrider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:27 pm
ootini wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:45 am
:-bd
Just to say, the px tyres are very heavy. Fitting a set of Jumbo jims will make it roll much nicer and save a kilo. 4.25's for preference.
I'll second that. I always quite liked the Floaters and rode them for a couple of years but I didn't know any better and tend to only change tyres when they wear out, which can take a long time around my way. The local terrain is very forgiving and doesn't eat through tyres so they just last and last

I've tried a few other options and have settled on Surly Nates, which actually came with a new set of wheels I bought on here two years ago. They're only 3.8in but I really like em.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

......a box of Rohloff bits from Daniel of this parish, cheers :-bd :-bd
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

A new Lomo seatpack, a slightly larger Ti mug so my gas canister fits inside and a inflatable pillow because I'm getting soft in my old age. All in time for next weeks Tour de Cotswolds loop.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

He's not here yet, but apparently he'll be along tomorrow with my new 27.5+ wheels from Keep Pedalling. Rich just rang to check I was going to be home, which I am.

I am very excited.

I expect them to transform the rather rough ride of my Big Bro, despite the Surly handlebars and a frame that's made from girders. Yes, they will. I will sack off work the second they arrive and hopefully have a straightforward experience setting them up tubeless with the £12 3.0 Bridgers I got from CRC. First ride Saturday morning.
Piemonster

Post by Piemonster »

New wheels and tyres (2.6) just fitted. Looks like I can 2.8s into this frame if the itch starts, which as I’ve thought about it seems inevitable.

New 11s chain too.

Tempted to find a chainset that’ll take a 28t and fit some bigger disc rotors.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Lovely bike......has that Tranny got an mot :lol: