The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by redefined_cycles »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:32 pm Image

#shootmenow
Jon.. what back end (what are them rack thingies called again) are you using to attach the bags to. Does tour frame already have eyelets for it or is it a Tubus wrap type affair. Looking good :-bd
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:48 pm Jon.. what back end (what are them rack thingies called again) are you using to attach the bags to. Does tour frame already have eyelets for it or is it a Tubus wrap type affair. Looking good :-bd
Yes, the frame had eyelets already in place
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

With an Acepack front roll from Stu
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

An Enlightened Equipment Revelation 850 quilt in long/wide from Valley and Peak and thank you Stu for the link last week. Compared with my six-year-old Cumulus Taiga it is absolutely huge but largely the same weight and pack size. The Taiga has been fine when cocooned in a hammock but a total mess for ground sleeping.
I'm just going outside ...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

My first ever bit of Paramo clothing, a nice Gilet
Last edited by JohnClimber on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nigelp

Post by nigelp »

Fan of Paramo. The gilet is a useful bit of kit that can be worn over or under waterproof/wind proof layers to provide core warmth.
nigelp

Post by nigelp »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:40 pm Just look at the picture on the box John, you are one of the cool kids now!
nigelp wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:50 am Hello. New here, first post. I have two Marin ‘vintage’ bikes that I had serviced and made road worthy. The Pine Mountian is my road, gravel and shopping bike! Needed new tyres so went with these Continental Raceking - seem to roll along nicely provide enough cushioning and bounce for gravel and off road sections.
Me and friends were recently reminiscing about using conti verticals on all our bikes (26ers) and how they used to cost 11 quid....

Postie brought me some Zenith track hubs, Mavic open pro rims and sapim race spokes. The Steamroller is getting blinged. This weekend I will mostly be building a radial spoked front wheel.
My Marin Mount Vision has a Panaracer Dart on the front and a Mythos XC on the rear. I like the idea of using old tyres but may try the Raceking on it for the summer.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

A micro tarp from a man in the middle of Wales ready for testing in the Brecon Beacons this weekend on a biking and packrafting trip

The forecast is dry with a gentle breeze so it will be twinned with my superlight weight but midge proof Borah bivi bag which pack and weigh this much
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just want to mention that John's tarp above is a prototype, sent for John and Molly for their amusement. The production version is a different shape which allows you to 'flip' it and produce two different styles of pitch. It's also larger and a little heavier and doesn't have the black reinforcement panels or messy stitching :wink:

https://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/ ... -pit-tarp/

May the bridges you burn light your way
Piemonster

Post by Piemonster »

Another tarp delivery from mid Wales here
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:24 am sent for John and Molly for their amusement.
Tell me about it :roll:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Parcel from sportspursuit

Containing one item I had ordered and one item was missing :cry: Emailed them the situation and they replied within 5 minutes saying they’re posting out the missing item ASAP :-bd Impressed with the customer service (although getting it right would have been better :lol: ).
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:04 pm Image

Bought probably the cheapest Bolt ever sold. £31 plus postage. As spare for the BB...
Great as long as you generally go forwards and to the left .. :roll:
I look for ward to your next anticlock wise loop adventure ... :-bd
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Never thought it like that Dan.. As it happens I slways try making my loops in an anti clockwise loop. Been working well for both right or left turns but you have to observe some patience for the rights at times.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

with a big bottle of Orange Endurance sealant and a rather nice Endura singletrack L/S jersey from the lovely people at Spocket Cycles. Both orders I've had from them recentley have been placed mid afternoon and have arrived next day with free postage. :-bd
benp1

Post by benp1 »

and dropped off a really rather wonderful book called Great British Gravel Rides by Marcus Stitz, which is probably about the level of gnarr I'm best at :grin:

Thanks Stu, it's ace. I was expecting some stickers so this is excellent!
Verena

Post by Verena »

...and brought me something comfortable to sleep on.
You know who you are, thank you :-bd
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

...and left a box from Merlin Cycles.
Having blown the rather delicate stitching on my Large (‽!!) Sportful Supergiara bib shorts, decided I should maybe try them in XL :oops: I have some Giara mid shorts in large which fit perfect, but wonder if the sizing on the Supegiara range is bit more "race" than "middle-aged plodder"
Anyway, really like the pad in these and Merlin had them cheapest I could find.
Nice and thin fabric for the heatwave this weekend :cool:
EDIT: these fit :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

and brought some aluminium tube so I can finish up making a gear lever and linkage.

evri (the new name for sh1te) also turned up with two identical packages one of which was sent on the 8th and the second which was a replacement for the first. I've done the right thing and contacted the shop in question to offer to pay for the second or maybe first item :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Now most of the trades have finished in the kitchen and I'm about done painting and DIYing (bodging) the remaining bits the wife has now started spaffing even more money on all the stuff that she want to match the new one. I mean we've got pans and bread bins and all this sub standard already so why more new ones. So postie and couriers a-go-go.

:sigh:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:17 am Now most of the trades have finished in the kitchen and I'm about done painting and DIYing (bodging) the remaining bits the wife has now started spaffing even more money on all the stuff that she want to match the new one. I mean we've got pans and bread bins and all this sub standard already so why more new ones. So postie and couriers a-go-go.
:roll:
:sigh:
I bet she says the same your :smile: about bikes. And other paraphilia...
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

I wish the posty had been cos I'm waiting on a couple of bits before I head out on a trip, but they're on strike today so fingers crossed for tomorrow.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Gravel Taylor bar bag from the one and only R@pha for the ultimate “I know what I’m doing” poser :-bd

Also my phone arrived so that frees up Monday to ride :cool:
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

...and dropped off some nice new Shimano GR7 flat shoes and a pair of those voile straps that clip onto a rack.
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and dropped off two pairs of POC shorts, via the Sigma Sports sale. One pair are going back as they're a bit too snug, keeping these waterproof ones.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.