The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by RIP »

Miss, Miss, the class always take the piss out of me on Fridays!

Oven foil indeed. Hah. Actually, that's a thought. I might swap a sheet for the cooking foil in our cupboard and see what happens when Mrs P uses it for a culinary purpose.

Depressingly it's from t'other side of the planet: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TA2-Titanium ... SwcMNeYg0~
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Worse than that, they don't post to the Isle of Wight, obviously those last 2 miles are too much for their carbon footprint :???:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

:grin: Poste Restante at Lymington PO? Bit weird that though.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

ton

Post by ton »

......... and delivered a very nice new carradice saddle bag. for my new bike. :-bd
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

ton wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:38 pm ......... and delivered a very nice new carradice saddle bag. for my new bike. :-bd
That's funny. Did the same for me but has the retro look to it

Gorgeous looking thing charity/gifted (for the RNLI as I'm not eligible for charity :grin: ) by Piemonster. With the motorbike bag that's been housing the 'gear' for the past 8 months or so.

I figured that if I bought a couple of tiny dry bags I should be able to house the battery and battery/filter thingy in them. Then I'll be 100% waterproofed :-bd

Thanks again Piemonster. Hopefully another donation coming for the RNLI via our niceman--Dan who bought my pedals...
Keith74

Post by Keith74 »

Finally the postman has made it to my house and with him came a rather nice packraft from the classifieds here. :-bd

Now to get the paddle delivered and away I go. Another expensive hobby about to begin. :grin: :grin: :-bd
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086163783548

Stay in the banks of Loch Fyne in Argyll.
Cocker

Post by Cocker »

cant wait to see it in the flesh,when we out?
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

The book by Alan Brown called 'Overlander', a bikepacking trip coast to
Coast through the Highlands......which was a bit strange when my wife
Was watching Overlander on Prime as I unwrapped it :shock:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

ME Squall cap

Another cap to add to my collection... Been after a cap with a folding visor for a while, means I can fold it up and put it in a pack when not in use. Not so useful for bikepacking, although maybe for touring... Mainly for walking use
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Book on snowdonia’s waterfalls :-bd
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Following an earlier post on here I got some of these:

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/hut-boot-p7714

My workspace is an uninsulated, unheated (well electric heater) garage roof where temps are low and drafts high. They're not doing bad compared to the usual socks and trainers but I look, in my opinion, an absolute twit :lol:
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Last week actually but he brought a ti wood-stove from Joe's shop.

As you can see, it works a treat, but also works well with Stu's afterburner meths stove. I already have a Pocket (wood) Stove but this is much lighter. The parcel was so light, I was afraid Joe'd forgotten to put the stove in. :roll: It's a bit bigger too, so the fire can be bigger making it easier to keep it going.

I'm well chuffed. Thanks, Joe. :-bd
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:51 pm Last week actually but he brought a ti wood-stove from Joe's shop.

As you can see, it works a treat, but also works well with Stu's afterburner meths stove. I already have a Pocket (wood) Stove but this is much lighter. The parcel was so light, I was afraid Joe'd forgotten to put the stove in. :roll: It's a bit bigger too, so the fire can be bigger making it easier to keep it going.

I'm well chuffed. Thanks, Joe. :-bd
Just showed this to Joe - he was very pleased. It's really nice to see things in use. Yes these stoves are crazy light and pretty compact too. They have been one of his best-sellers so far.
Thanks again for the photos and post, it's really appreciated x
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Just taken delivery of a couple of bits from SportPursuit.

(a) A pair of bibshorts. Not something I have much of and my most-used are at least 10 years old. Thinking I might need more for turbo-ing. I bought the Rivelo cargo bibs which will give me some additional carrying options on real rides too.

(b) A short-sleeved, full-length-zipped top also from Rivelo. Merino/synthetic mix and a few pockets. Might be a gravel/adventure top.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Let us know how you get on with those bibs please.

My latest arrival was a Tacx Flux 2 smart trainer
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

The Satmap arrived this morning which I only saw in the Classifieds yesterday! Thanks to Mart, packaged well :-bd
If anyone has any pointers with regards to maps, that'll be great :-bd
Cheers
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

UnderTheRadars wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 pm Let us know how you get on with those bibs please.
I expect it'll be some time (months) before they are used outdoors. I already have some Rivelo bib 3/4s and I've been happy with those so it wasn't a complete stab in the dark.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

summittoppler wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:10 pm The Satmap arrived this morning which I only saw in the Classifieds yesterday! Thanks to Mart, packaged well :-bd
If anyone has any pointers with regards to maps, that'll be great :-bd
Cheers
I had a satmap for a while and they passed on the large reduction in price for OS mapping that the OS introduced back in 2013 (unlike Garmin) so I think their OS map cards are pretty reasonably priced.
Piemonster

Post by Piemonster »

Thanks again Piemonster. Hopefully another donation coming for the RNLI via our niceman--Dan who bought my pedals...
No problem at all Shaf, good to know it’ll see some use.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Well it would be Cheery Friday if it was Friday! Free beer arrived, 2 weeks early.
RIP wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:31 pm
I'm resting up at the moment. Which is handy because there's an hour's wait for free beer!!!!!!!! And I don't even like lager. But I do like free.
https://brewdog.queue-it.net/?c=brewdog ... lare-1.2.0
Finally in! Purchase successful.

"This is a planet-first recipe - brewed with surplus bread, using 1/3 less water, powered by BrewDog wind turbines and for every pack, we plant a tree in the BrewDog LOST forest. A mind-blowingly delicious, crisp taste with stone-fruit notes, this is lager like it should be, with an extra dose of feel good"

Very worthy. I feel all warm inside. Albeit bloody freezing outside. On with the ride.
Carbon negative eh... not sure that includes bringing it down here from Scotland but it's a good start so fair play to BrewDog. Better get back to getting beer from the LB Brewery 1 mile round the corner really....

Last edited by RIP on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:05 pm Carbon negative eh... not sure that includes bringing it down here from Scotland but it's a start.
It might have been delivered by a man on a bike stopping to plant a tree every 50 feet, in 100 years time it will be a forest from yours all the way to Scotland*

*And to the Island as well when they deliver mine, which I would never have known about but you mentioned the queue to get on the website in a post, so thanks :-bd
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

sean_iow wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:17 pm
RIP wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:05 pm Carbon negative eh... not sure that includes bringing it down here from Scotland but it's a start.
It might have been delivered by a man on a bike stopping to plant a tree every 50 feet, in 100 years time it will be a forest from yours all the way to Scotland*
If they planted them closer, it could be a hammock road.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

If it's their lost lager then it's sublime. Morrisons had it for a tenner a box at Christmas and I am mad with myself for not buying more. It's £14 now. :|
RIP

Post by RIP »

Borderer wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:33 pm If it's their lost lager then it's sublime. Morrisons had it for a tenner a box at Christmas and I am mad with myself for not buying more. It's £14 now. :|
It's "Lost Planet First Lager" if that's same as? I thought the freebie one was a brand new brew though? Sell you mine for £13 :wink: . Actually, there's dosh-off on their website at the moment. 48 x "The Headliner" is £48 - £1 for 330ml seems good value? And I got a 20% discount voucher with my freebies too! All assuming you like their beers of course :wink:

Piemonster

Post by Piemonster »

The postman delivered a post

A titanium post too, the best kind of post