Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

A dehumidifier.

F%ck me.

🙄
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:18 pm A dehumidifier.

F%ck me.

🙄
It might make you feel old and sensible, but trust me, this is a life choice you will not regret.

I love our dehumidifier. Having a drying room at home where you can hang up wet clothes and kit after a ride, and dry washing, is brilliant.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Reminds me of the Steven Wright one-liner: "For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out".

Many more from the one-liner master, such as: "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?", "I like to torture my plants by watering them with ice cubes".. etc etc....

Him and James Acaster are up there on my 'fantasy dinner party' guest list, but I think my head might explode before we reached the main course.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ballibeg

Post by ballibeg »

Not converted one but I know plenty about the grrrr engines in these things. Fingers crossed you don't need to learn or spend what I have!
shutuplegs

Post by shutuplegs »

My eBay special £18 headset press. “Toopre” tools (?!) in lovely electric blue.
Was fully prepared for it to be dreadful but LBS want £30 to do it so I thought it was worth a punt.
Delivery took a week but 10 mins after it arrived I had the forks in on my ‘new‘ old bike build. Actually quite impressed with the quality of the tool! Kinda wish I had more headsets to press now...
“We live and learn, and big mountains are stern teachers” - HW Tilman.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

£30 to press a headset in!? :shock:
May the bridges you burn light your way
shutuplegs

Post by shutuplegs »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:35 pm £30 to press a headset in!? :shock:
My reaction exactly, had to confirm that price didn’t include the cup to be pressed in!

At least I will be able to press away to my hearts content now :-bd
“We live and learn, and big mountains are stern teachers” - HW Tilman.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

A big one of these from a strange man in a farm in Mid Wales

https://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/shop ... s-dry-bags
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

My reaction exactly, had to confirm that price didn’t include the cup to be pressed in!
I can understand that they might apply a certain tax if you didn't buy the headset from them but I'm reckoning that's at least £5 per minute.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

TomTom rider 50 motorcycle sat nav...… not looking like needing for a while though!
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Alpkit pipedream 400 landed this morning :-bd hopefully get out on my days off for a overnight county lockdown special :lol:
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
daddylonglegs

Post by daddylonglegs »

Two TRP Spyre brake callipers. I've written off two sets of new brake pads with mineral oil contamination in the last fortnight and I'm giving up. :cry:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A parcel of minty goodness (and a bit more Titanium to add to the collection).
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 am A parcel of minty goodness (and a bit more Titanium to add to the collection).
:-bd :-bd :-bd
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

A pair of bolt through axles with ratcheting levers for my gravel bike. I managed to round the socket on the OE front one by using a ball ended Allen key in it (the socket was too shallow to allow the bearing surfaces to engage properly on the ball end). I decided to upgrade to the ones with levers front and rear while I was at it instead of replacing with another OE one.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

A plastic spork from my friend in Austria. Apparently I left it in her rental car in California last spring, when I got a lift to San Bernardino before I rode back to San Diego, and she forgot to bring it when she visited in the summer. It was one of pack of five that cost me about two quid. No idea how much it cost to post :grin:
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

With a new rice cooker. The previous model is being retired after just 30 years. It still works, but some idiot :oops: put the bowl in the dishwasher and removed the surface coating!
May satan walk with you
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

ssnowman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 pm With a new rice cooker. The previous model is being retired after just 30 years. It still works, but some idiot :oops: put the bowl in the dishwasher and removed the surface coating!
A perfect vessel for Putoline then!
faustus

Post by faustus »

Got a pair of these for the gravel bike as i'll be doing more mileage on crappy backroads as the slop takes over more off-road sections. Well priced, just the right tread, tubeless ready, reasonable tpi...hopefully they'll be tough and roll well over wintery sh1te covered roads... :-bd

fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:15 pm
I can understand that they might apply a certain tax if you didn't buy the headset from them but I'm reckoning that's at least £5 per minute.
I bought a park headset press and its well worth it (after years of faffing with bits of threaded rods as well as the ubiquitous hammer). I also use it to press in PF BB's and wheel bearings on motorbikes
Moff

Post by Moff »

A pair of Carbon Bonty wheels from Escape Goat.

Now should I hunt around for the XD driver or just get a Sunrace cassette and 'only' have a 11t bottom sprocket?
Also new disc rotors are needed....so could use as an excuse to replace the Shimano brakes I don't really get on with...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

htrider wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:15 pm
I bought a park headset press and its well worth it (after years of faffing with bits of threaded rods as well as the ubiquitous hammer). I also use it to press in PF BB's and wheel bearings on motorbikes
I made a ghetto headset press a few years ago following instructions on t'internet. It's terrible, truly dreadful. I don't think I've ever got it straight first time out and have employed ye olde lump of wood and mallet technique on a few occasions when the thing turned me into a sweaty, sweary slab of angst. Next time I have to do a new headset, whatever I buy will be accompanied by the proper tool for the job.
I'm just going outside ...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Oh, and the postie brought a Blackburn Outpost seatpack recently. Not the pricey latest model - the older one. It's really nicely made and I can see why those Boners I know who have them swear by them. Somewhat heavier than my Alpkit jobbie but very, very stable and it'll TMS easily.
I'm just going outside ...
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Another bloody Outdry cag.

I'm struck by how much lighter weight this one feels compared to my others, even the lighterweight one. Will be interesting to see how durable it is. Still weird looking and feeling :lol:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Floatation shorts and a Transition Bag. This wild swimming thing is getting expensive.