FLV

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by FLV »

Two guages on a pump.... fancy
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

FLV wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:00 pm Two guages on a pump.... fancy
I think the idea is lower pressure gauge for fatbike and a bit morr for t'other one
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
JimH

Post by JimH »

sean_iow wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:15 pm A GoPro Hero 7 Black :smile: I'll now be able to make a full 4K video of my Prolex and Aeropress on my next bivi which I know will please Reg :grin:
I’m after one of these. Did you get a good deal anywhere?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

JimH wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 pm I’m after one of these. Did you get a good deal anywhere?
They're on offer on the gopro website, £100 off, it was the cheapest I could find.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
JimH

Post by JimH »

sean_iow wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:14 pm
JimH wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 pm I’m after one of these. Did you get a good deal anywhere?
They're on offer on the gopro website, £100 off, it was the cheapest I could find.
Thanks Stu, that is a bit of a bargain. I’ve bought one :-bd
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

New tyres for the singlespeed. A Vittoria Barzo for the front and a Mezcal III for the rear. A nukeproof tubless plug kit and an innertube so each bike can have the tools/spares left on it rather than swapping them about.

He also dropped off 4 more cards for Jane's birthday :smile:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

He also dropped off 4 more cards for Jane's birthday
Mine will be the last to arrive because some nob forgot it was bank holiday ... ironic considering my previous confusion about bank holidays. :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:27 pm Mine will be the last to arrive because some nob forgot it was bank holiday ... ironic considering my previous confusion about bank holidays. :roll:
I'm loosing track of the days myself. Handily the day is in the post ID at the top when I'm on here, which helps remind what day it is.

Two days before Jane's birthday last year I was sat in the Cannich Campsite cafe eating non-stop whilst the hero that is Alasdair drove form the north coast* to recuse me and 2 other singlespeeders. The world seems a very different place now :???:

*When I contacted him he asked if we'd be ok waiting as it would take a few hours to get there, err, we're indoors, dry, warm and they sell food.... we'll manage somehow :grin:
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

sean_iow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Two days before Jane's birthday last year I was sat in the Cannich Campsite cafe eating non-stop whilst the hero that is Alasdair drove form the north coast* to recuse me and 2 other singlespeeders. The world seems a very different place now :???:

*When I contacted him he asked if we'd be ok waiting as it would take a few hours to get there, err, we're indoors, dry, warm and they sell food.... we'll manage somehow :grin:
It's funny you should mention this, I was speaking to an old friend from Yorkshire this very lunchtime (he was passing through the town I live in here in Scotland en-route to a work related meeting and we met in the street outside my house for a socially distant chat). He was saying that he should be part way round the HT550 route now as he had a start this year. I knew he'd toured round last year with his wife and he said he'd met Alan G and a load of other entrants at the Cannich campsite where they had stopped and hired a caravan as his wife was hypothermic. The conversation he had with Alan there led to him getting an entry this year. His name is Mark and his wife is Christine, dunno if you met them Sean?
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Jurassic wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 pm

It's funny you should mention this, I was speaking to an old friend from Yorkshire this very lunchtime (he was passing through the town I live in here in Scotland en-route to a work related meeting and we met in the street outside my house for a socially distant chat). He was saying that he should be part way round the HT550 route now as he had a start this year. I knew he'd toured round last year with his wife and he said he'd met Alan G and a load of other entrants at the Cannich campsite where they he'd stopped and hired a caravan as his wife was hypothermic. The conversation he had with Alan there led to him getting an entry this year. His name is Mark and his wife is Christine, dunno if you met them Sean?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Jurassic wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 pm dunno if you met them Sean?
Just checked on trackleaders and Alan G had left Cannich before we got there, we didn't leave the bothy until 09:30, so we must have just missed them.

I remember in the afternoon, a bloke who I assume to be the owner came in and asked the lady in the cafe how it had been that day, she whispered to him 'good, very good' trying to hide her grin at that days takings. Putting some money through the till is the least we could do.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

sean_iow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am New tyres for the singlespeed. A Vittoria Barzo for the front and a Mezcal III for the rear. A nukeproof tubless plug kit and an innertube so each bike can have the tools/spares left on it rather than swapping them about.

He also dropped off 4 more cards for Jane's birthday :smile:
Might want to bin one of them...
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

A brand new set of Beats headphones, very similar to the set I returned to Amazon for repair and then got a subsequent refund on.

Hmmmm, sadly he did not deliver any morals at the same time
Last edited by Dave Barter on Tue May 26, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

sean_iow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:53 pm
Jurassic wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 pm dunno if you met them Sean?
Just checked on trackleaders and Alan G had left Cannich before we got there, we didn't leave the bothy until 09:30, so we must have just missed them.
Ah okay. It's quite a coincidence that you posted about Cannich and I read it literally minutes after chatting to Mark who I haven't seen face to face for six years. It's a small world at times. :wink:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Dave Barter wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:58 pm Might want to bin one of them...
Seeing as one Christmas I bought her new tyres for her mountain bike I think I've set the bar low enough for anything to be better than that :lol:

I did wrap them up though.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Jurassic wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:03 pm Ah okay. It's quite a coincidence that you posted about Cannich and I read it literally minutes after chatting to Mark who I haven't seen face to face for six years. It's a small world at times. :wink:
I did probably miss him by minutes, it's funny how small the world is sometimes.

When I was on Bute on my honeymoon it turns out that the landlord at the pub we were in one day used to have the Blenheim pub in Ventnor on the Island. It's directly across form my where I worked. We used to go in for drinks when ever anyone had a birthday, he thought I was familiar when I ordered a drink. I assume he didn't move 500 miles just to get away from me :lol:
slarge

Post by slarge »

It's funny you should mention this, I was speaking to an old friend from Yorkshire this very lunchtime (he was passing through the town I live in here in Scotland en-route to a work related meeting and we met in the street outside my house for a socially distant chat). He was saying that he should be part way round the HT550 route now as he had a start this year. I knew he'd toured round last year with his wife and he said he'd met Alan G and a load of other entrants at the Cannich campsite where they had stopped and hired a caravan as his wife was hypothermic. The conversation he had with Alan there led to him getting an entry this year. His name is Mark and his wife is Christine, dunno if you met them Sean?
I think Lars and I met them at the Kings House hotel after Lars and I had scratched. They were doing 40 miles/day or something and have 1 sleeping bag between them. I couldn't quite get my head around the single sleeping bag and getting an overnight stop every 40 or so miles.
Not surprised his wife was hypothermic - obviously not her turn for the sleeping bag that night!! :-bd
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

sean_iow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:07 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:58 pm Might want to bin one of them...
Seeing as one Christmas I bought her new tyres for her mountain bike I think I've set the bar low enough for anything to be better than that :lol:

I did wrap them up though.
:lol: Reminds me of another friend who used to do Production Car Trials in a modded Landrover. He bought his wife a pair of shock absorbers for Christmas one year, wrapped them up and everything then on Christmas morning when she opened them and said WTF are these he calmly says "Oh if you don't like them I can just use them on my Landy to save them going to waste". I assume he had a "real" present for her as well. :lol:
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

slarge wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:14 pm

I think Lars and I met them at the Kings House hotel after Lars and I had scratched. They were doing 40 miles/day or something and have 1 sleeping bag between them. I couldn't quite get my head around the single sleeping bag and getting an overnight stop every 40 or so miles.
Not surprised his wife was hypothermic - obviously not her turn for the sleeping bag that night!! :-bd
That could have been them. Mark said he uses a quilt though and Christine had a sleeping bag. He was saying that Christine rides really slowly but she's determined and refuses to quit so they made it round in eleven days despite her becoming hypothermic twice. I haven't ridden with Mark for years but he's no slouch and he's pretty hard so I suspect he'd be a bit quicker if he was racing.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

To keep the bike packing pack raft on the straight and narrow
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

JohnClimber wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:49 pm Image

To keep the bike packing pack raft on the straight and narrow
Not for strapping to your back and going for a swim...?
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

voodoo_simon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:04 pm Not for strapping to your back and going for a swim...?
That's one way to get the great plague of 2nd wave virus carriers off the beaches on sunny days
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

My Garmin Fēnix 6 at long last. Now where can I download some .gpx’s for The Midlands, Worcs and Shropshire
faustus

Post by faustus »

couple of days ago, my order from Wildcat arrived (very swiftly), with a Dr Jon G-Funk bundle. Have to say it's a tidy set-up, and the discount code from the other thread was spot on! :-bd