The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Mart »

New dremel drill bits delivered in 2 days from eBay.

I’m also entertaining myself Non Digitally
Carving patterns in stones
2924 miles per Gallon
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bit of a bumper day today. Telling myself that this lock-down spending is all helping the economy and not just blowing potentially essential funds :???:

Garmin Dakota from Rich
Mini pump from Evans on James' recommendation and to replace the Lezyne (plus a chainring bolt key and a stuff sack - you can't have too many!).
Parallax pants and some running tights (ooer missus) from Alpkit.

Sadly half of this is just going into the sac and will have to wait until it all blows over.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A swim cap to go with the wetsuit that arrived the other day. All seems pretty pointless at the moment.

What's particularly galling is that I was finally getting to grips with Front Crawl and now can't practice/train.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Some sharp pointy carbon pegs from Stu. Plus cable clips and some other crap.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A heart rate strap. I have always refused to 'train' with heart rate zones and structure and I've always mocked my roadie friends who ride on a turbo and have just ridden more if I wanted to get fitter but..... in these strange times I've had to borrow a turbo off a friend of Jane's as going out riding for hours isn't really appropriate. With heart rate I'll be able to get a measure of how hard I'm working, or not.

Thankfully the borrowed turbo is a dumb one so I won't yet be boring Jane talking about watts all the time :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
slarge

Post by slarge »

Sean, your next purchase will be a power meter. Mark my words! :-bd
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Copy of Singletrack and my Festive500 badge, Oh and a new pump after losing my old one last week :lol: :-bd
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

slarge wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:13 pm Sean, your next purchase will be a power meter. Mark my words! :-bd
Agreed. But don't chuck the HRM away as it does and will come back at some later year :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A Google Nest Hub.

We have one already and I've been surprised at how much use we've made if it. I bought it when it was on offer and had been waiting for the offer to repeat.

My favourite feature turns out to be one I'd not planned on - it's a great digital photo frame. I have it showing some favourite albums and a random collection of recent photos. It's been alternately therapeutic, inspiring and nostalgic.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Book on Iceland treks, planning on a short trek over there in 2021, but shall see what the future holds :-bd
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

voodoo_simon wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:24 pm Book on Iceland treks, planning on a short trek over there in 2021, but shall see what the future holds :-bd
Planning a trek over there tomorrow - fish fingers for tea ;)
techno

Post by techno »

8g stove :-bd
Thanks for the tramp band and stickers Stu!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

From the other day, a JetBoil Skillet frying pan.
I used it a couple of times on the back garden bivi and it's a top bit of kit
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

...with a long piece of posh string, several plastic thingies, a rubber band and some stickers. Spent several happy hours working out how to use the placcy things as line locks and made various guy lines of various lengths. More tarping tomorrow I feel
Cheers Stu :-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

He dropped off a chain link tool since I was told off for trying to use the missus' crafting pliers.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Flat mount to post mount brake adapters for an upcoming project.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Chainsaw chain sharpening jig, and a separate chain sharpening attachment for a dremel. Might be cutting some trunks into (thick) planks next week.

Plus a vintage Campag chainset for a 1966 Falcon road bike I bought a few weeks ago. Looking for Campag shifters and derailleurs on ebay at the moment (at the right price (there's a lot of inflated tat on there!)).
mfezela

Post by mfezela »

PaulB2 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:23 pm He dropped off a chain link tool since I was told off for trying to use the missus' crafting pliers.
https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133924
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

mfezela wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:34 pm
PaulB2 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:23 pm He dropped off a chain link tool since I was told off for trying to use the missus' crafting pliers.
https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133924
She doesn't let me anywhere near her sewing scissors either Apparently I'm not supposed to use them on paper. :grin:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

...and delivered a new pair of endura humvees in 3/4 length. My old pair lasted a commendable 5 years :-bd
Also a set of seals and oil to service my Fox teralogic forks, I’ve run out of maintenance jobs so thought it was about time seeing as I’ve not touched them since fitting.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

...and didn't drop off the chain whip that I've been trying to get for 4 weeks and counting now since 10 days after I ordered it and 9 days after it was marked as shipped I sent CRC an email asking politely if they could investigate why hermes were still saying they hadn't recieved the parcel and they just cancelled the order and refunded me with no explanation. :???: I knew I should have just kept the amazon order despite the 28 day delivery time
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:10 pm ...and didn't drop off the chain whip that I've been trying to get for 4 weeks and counting now since 10 days after I ordered it and 9 days after it was marked as shipped I sent CRC an email asking politely if they could investigate why hermes were still saying they hadn't recieved the parcel and they just cancelled the order and refunded me with no explanation. :???: I knew I should have just kept the amazon order despite the 28 day delivery time
You in Peaks?? You want me to put mine in post for ya?? Time it went to a good home
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:10 pm ...and didn't drop off the chain whip that I've been trying to get for 4 weeks and counting now since 10 days after I ordered it and 9 days after it was marked as shipped I sent CRC an email asking politely if they could investigate why hermes were still saying they hadn't recieved the parcel and they just cancelled the order and refunded me with no explanation. :???: I knew I should have just kept the amazon order despite the 28 day delivery time
It seems to be random as to whether you get your stuff or not. I ordered a new frameset from Alpkit two weeks ago and have still had no notification of it being dispatched and they haven't responded to my email query either. In the meantime the flat mount to post mount brake adapters (from Merlin), carbon steerer bung and spare brake pads (from Chainreaction) and headset (from Bikediscount.de) that I ordered to build up the new bike have all arrived safely. :roll:
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Annoyingly I’ve had the lock ring tool for over a week, just waiting for the chain whip so I can firkle with the cassette. Next stop click and collect from Halfords
mfezela

Post by mfezela »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:48 pm . . just waiting for the chain whip . .
One of the easiest MYOG jobs imaginable. Length of soft wood, mine's 400 x 40 x 20mm chipboard, ±600mm used chain, 3 screws or nails for fixing chain to wood. Using soft wood ensures no damage to sprockets. Drape over largest sprocket to maximise leverage.
Attachments
IMG_20200417_152153903_resize_77.jpg
(114.05 KiB) Downloaded 1066 times
Last edited by mfezela on Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.