Re: The post man's been ...

Post by jay91 »

some race Face cranks from slarge
cheers mate
Trying to ride bikes.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Some Arcteryx goretex Bora boots for the handsome sum of only £99... Feel nice and hopefully eill go well with the mtb :smile:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Some Galaxy earbuds as a reward (any excuse!) to myself for getting chartered and as it's the only what I can get stuff done in the office with all the noisy, wittering dicks ...... :roll:
Mart

Post by Mart »

Finally - Just back from holidays and collected my parcel (after paying the customs charge)

Time to play with my new Lair :cool:
2924 miles per Gallon
redefined_cycles

The other day tried using my road Topeak (pocketrocket) pump on the tubeless semifat :shock: rider was almost over before it even started and as you can imagine pressure after pumping was lower than before. Rear tyre pumped up fine...

Luckily my elder bro had his mtb topeak pump and saved the day... so here's my shint new'un... for the handsome price of only 18£ after halfords price match and brit cycling discount :smile:

Bit big (and I know its a long shot and hit/miss) but it might get me outta trouble...
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Ten pairs or waterproof over socks from Amazon. Seem more like plastic bags if you ask me!

Still thin Merinos, inside the plastic bags inside sealskins, inside Lake boots, nice and sweaty, but should cope with Welsh weather.

ImageIMG_1725 by Duncan Lovett, on Flickr
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Ten pairs or waterproof over socks from Amazon. Seem more like plastic bags if you ask me!

Still thin Merinos, inside the plastic bags inside sealskins, inside Lake boots, nice and sweaty, but should cope with Welsh weather.

ImageIMG_1725 by Duncan Lovett, on Flickr
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

My lucky day another parcel containing a Cane Creek 27.2 seatpost shim.
redefined_cycles

Duncan... wow. You've gone all out there... You sure the Lakes aren't gonna become Lakes from sweat inside and water rynning down the legs (although I assume with that much protection you're gonna be covered from the waste down with some sort of proofed pants :-bd

Why not tske a spare couple of plastic bags (them ones you've boight off amazon) and 2 sets of Dexshells (sorry, I can't bring myself to say the word... Sealspinz)... Then once your Lakes do become Lakes with water ingress from uptop... swap out socks for some freshies and apply said waterproof bag over/or under depending on how you look at things...

That way you stay comfier (hopefully) for longer and dry enough :wink: just a thought... I have no experience of BB200s just standard mtbing around them there Welsh hills in small doses...
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:29 pm just a thought... I have no experience of BB200s just standard mtbing around them there Welsh hills in small doses...
that's basically it but with more cold water on the ground and failing from the sky!
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

The Final layer for crossing streams.

ImageIMG_1726 by Duncan Lovett, on Flickr
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Did I say I don't like getting cold or wet feet?

For riding in Skin, Merino Socks, Amazon shoe protector (plastic bag) Sealskins (washed with waterproofer), Lake Boots (water proof spray all over them), Pearl Izumi over shoes to put on top for any river crossings, Amazon Waterproof Shoe covers. I'm still taking spare plastic bags and socks incase all that lot let me down, which is quite likely.

ImageIMG_1727 by Duncan Lovett, on Flickr

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:29 pm Duncan... wow. You've gone all out there... You sure the Lakes aren't gonna become Lakes from sweat inside and water rynning down the legs (although I assume with that much protection you're gonna be covered from the waste down with some sort of proofed pants :-bd

Why not tske a spare couple of plastic bags (them ones you've boight off amazon) and 2 sets of Dexshells (sorry, I can't bring myself to say the word... Sealspinz)... Then once your Lakes do become Lakes with water ingress from uptop... swap out socks for some freshies and apply said waterproof bag over/or under depending on how you look at things...

That way you stay comfier (hopefully) for longer and dry enough :wink: just a thought... I have no experience of BB200s just standard mtbing around them there Welsh hills in small doses...
Last edited by dlovett on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A new acronym is needed ...

YOPS = Your Own Personal Sauna :-bd

The forecast is only down to 10C.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

whitestone wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:15 pm A new acronym is needed ...

YOPS = Your Own Personal Sauna :-bd

The forecast is only down to 10C.
For Northerners that's fine, but coming as I do from the Tropical South of the Country, even the Brass Monkeys are layered up in those temperatures.

Either that or I will make a killing selling the other nine pairs at the first river crossing!!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I'm liking that set up!
I may be from the north but I've crap circulation in my toes and nearly always get cold feet when they get wet....
Mart

Post by Mart »

picked up from the PO depot a little package of lovely carbon pole from Bearbones towers
Thanks Stu :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

...and dropped off a little blue valve core remover. Now I just need to find time to use it
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Some additional waterproof spray to add another few layers of waterproofness to my lakes.
redefined_cycles

Really big thumbs up to Tredz bike store...

Ordered the Nukeproof Neutron Evo flatties yesterday from them online. Used the discount voucher of a fiver (on spends over £30) and then rang em up to explain I'm needing pedals for the BB200 this weekend (he wasn't envious and knew what it was) amd even though they were a quid or 2 cheaper at CRC I'd decided to go with Tredz cos of the way CRC isn't as fast as they used to be...

Nice man at Tredz upgraded my delivery slot to next day - no extra charge - and here they are in my hands ready to go on Stan...

Well done Tredz :-bd (and thanks for the input from here :-bd )
RIP

Post by RIP »

OK, I admit it. I've gone soft. One of these 'ere midge nets arrived today. Bit annoyed that I've just checked again and RockNRun are now doing the permethrin one (same weight) even cheaper, sigh. I've got a superlight headnet but it's itchy, and this thing is insanely light at 80g for full coverage, although it'll probably only last ten minutes. It's not the midges so much as our slimey nocturnal friends. I woke up screaming at Corris on the Saga Outing - tarp only, pissing with rain. I'd already had to get up once for a pee, and again to lower the front pole to reduce the risk of drowning. Next woke up with a huge (picture, say, a whale in your mind) gastropod mollusc (I assume "gastro" doesn't actually mean they're good to eat?), JUST about to transfer itself from my sleeping bag hood to my forehead. It's happened before - they always aim for my forehead. I think its front legs or whatever they are had JUST touched my skin. Cue rabid screaming, scrabbling manically to chuck the slug into the bushes, thrashing around to get out of bag, tarp collapsing, bike falling over, house lights coming on all around the village, me running madly around clad only in a collapsed tarp.

When I rang to check, apparently the young lady inside does not come as standard with the net - extra cost and P&P.

Last edited by RIP on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
psling

Post by psling »

And there's me thinking you may have taken delivery of a puggaree and some sperm oil :lol:

p.s. - wondered what that scream was :shock:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
redefined_cycles

:grin:
RIP wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:15 am OK, I admit it. I've gone soft. One of these 'ere midge nets arrived today. Bit annoyed that I've just checked again and RockNRun are now doing the permethrin one (same weight) even cheaper, sigh. I've got a superlight headnet but it's itchy, and this thing is insanely light at 80g for full coverage, although it'll probably only last ten minutes. It's not the midges so much as our slimey nocturnal friends. I woke up screaming at Corris on the Saga Outing - tarp only, pissing with rain. I'd already had to get up once for a pee, and again to lower the front pole to reduce the risk of drowning. Next woke up with a huge (picture, say, a whale in your mind) gastropod mollusc (I assume "gastro" doesn't actually mean they're good to eat?), JUST about transfer itself from my sleeping bag hood to my forehead. It's happened before - they always aim for my forehead. I think its front legs are whatever they are had JUST touched my skin. Cue rabid screaming, thrashing around to get out of bag, tarp collapsing, bike falling over, house lights coming on all around the village, me running madly around clad only in a collapsed tarp.

When I rang to check, apparently the young lady inside does not come as standard with the net - extra cost.

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A pair of Alpkit merino long johns (for bivy pyjamas) for me and a pair of Parallax overtrousers for Cath - don't know why she thinks she needs those :roll:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

(last week) A nice little drop from QBP. I've only got a few weeks on her but the next month should be fun, timed well for my week off next week. Got some places to tick off up north :-bd
Full story coming November/December on fat-bike.com :wink:
Image20191010_094520 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

And delivered some SON coaxial cable, dynamo connector and coax plugs. The plan being to replace my shonky wiring with something a bit more substantial.

Coax adapter on hub, coax to sinewave with the opportunity to then carry a spare cable for the easily damaged section on the fork
leg. May seem like overkill but if you put your faith in electronic navigation you need a plan :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark