The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scattamah

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Scattamah »

Sun shades mah friend...I don't get away with it that easily.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Don't forget the factor 50 you've got pasty all that time over here :lol:
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Some top looking custom Pike decals from SlikGraphics. Haven't picked the frame up yet but with matching pantone codes hoping the build will look swish
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

Postie delivered a pair of Ejendals Tegera 295 waterproof/thermal gloves, testing on the Badger Divide this weekend :wink:
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Bikehut 1600 light and remote. Good for quick trips and local stuff where charging the 18650s in my battery pack for my main light is too much palaver
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

...and delivered my "luxury item" for D̶e̶s̶e̶r̶t̶ ̶I̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶c̶s̶ nights with a bivvy.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Landslide wrote:...and delivered my "luxury item" for D̶e̶s̶e̶r̶t̶ ̶I̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶c̶s̶ nights with a bivvy.
A penny whistle , brilliant
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol:

No Entry sign? Handy.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

Assortment (like biscuits, only not) of bike reservation tickets. Well not the postie, I had to go and fetch them as postie stand-in. Transport for Wales (ex-Arriva) say reservations are now compulsory but wouldn't let me book the other week, which is a bit ironic because they also said reservations didn't used to be required even though I always did! Anyroad, my pal Eileen in the office at Far Twittering and Oysterperch station waved some magic wand and sorted it all out, so I'm good for Church Stretton in Dec and Caersws for Winter Event in Jan.

Image20180722_133916 by Reg, on Flickr
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

And delivered a pair of five ten Five Ten Freerider EPS High shoes from bikester. A bit slow to datch them (4-5 days) but then 48hr delivery from Germany.

53% off

https://m.bikester.co.uk/five-ten-freer ... 08191537:s

Review here:

https://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/shoes/fiv ... erider-eps
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
FLV

Post by FLV »

New saddle. Specialized phenom.

And so then came begins. Once upon a time I found an sdg bel air 1.0 was the one.
Here we go again on the hunt.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A new stem of the 70mm persuasion and a Garmin Oregon bike mount, both for the fat bike. A Topeak Microshock for the Spearfish. Some gloves for Cath.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
slarge

Post by slarge »

A nearly new bike..... 2018 Specialized Epic, carbon frame, 100mm suspension, nice and light etc, but will get lighter...

Got it 2nd hand from a friend who owns a bike shop, it's been his mtb this year and has done 300 miles max.

Will give it a run out tomorrow and the plan is to use it for the HT next year, should I get a place.

Soon for sale, a 2002 Stumpjumper FSR, in very tired condition, but cosmetically good. :-bd
Robster

Post by Robster »

Missed out on a copy when first printed, got one as a pressie for a friend but saw another copy and bought it as a pressie for me...

http://imgur.com/a/R5PNadu]

Definitely looking forward to a good read and may be a little inspiration.
Last edited by Robster on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Cracking book. Makes you realise just how little's really changed in a world that's continually changing.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Robster

Post by Robster »

Certain things are good for the soul whatever the era. Playing outside and adventurer are timeless I guess. :grin:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A copy of The Cordillera Volume 9 and a copy of Trail Magic and the art of soft pedalling.

I'll be 50 in 2020 and I fear I'll know where I'll end up riding :roll:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Another Salomon bag for running :roll:

One bouldering mat and chalk bucket, bought in a Black Friday special (it was a genuine sale price too!) that I’ve been wanting for a couple of months.

Roll on the spring...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Alpkit stem cell to replace worn out one. No, not my infamous 13g gaffer tape water bottle holder, that's still going great guns :wink:, the real one on the other side to hold water filtration, milk, etc. Got an "LS07 ultralight" one this time which is half the weight of the old one and seems larger, with an "extension top".

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A refurbished Schmidt dynamo hub and wheel. I think one of the poles had gone and that was causing a current surge, manifested itself as a clicking sound from the front light so I replaced the knackered light thinking it was that but when it started on the brand new one it was off to Germany for a service.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Revelate designs terrapin dry bag. Haven't tried it yet but looks like it'll work better than the alpkit job

Plus loads of other bits non-relevant to bikepacking or the outdoors
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Two deliveries this week which couldn't be more different from each other. Firstly, 2 stainless steel shoe-horns. You know you've reached a certain time of life when you buy a shoe-horn :lol: There is a good reason, the lining on my winter riding boots has become detached from the cuff section and when you put them on the lining puckers up and you cant get your foot in them. I could of just replaced them but that would be £200, the shoe-horns were less than £2 each from a well known auction site :smile: They are quite well made and at 38g they would be light enough to take biving. They are 16cm long so I think at a push they could be used as a trowel thus offsetting some weight, they could also be used as a spoon to save more weight but that might be a dual-use step to far. The reason I bought 2 is that I need one at home to put my shoes on to ride to work and one at work to put them on for the ride home again, I wasn't going to carry one back and forth on my commute :lol:

The other delivery was a Rockshox Sid RL fork. These had 1/3 off but were listed as a 140mm travel on the website. Someone had even queried this in the questions section and the travel had been confirmed as 140mm. They had 27.5 and 29 versions. I imaging people looking for 140mm forks want something a bit burlier than a SID which is why they've had to reduce them so much to try and sell them..... and probably also why Rockshox don't make a 140mm version :???:

As they had both 27.5 and 29 in the drop down I ruled out them being the 120mm as this is 29 only and the product code seemed to suggest they were the 100mm travel I was after so I took a chance and ordered them. I was a bit apprehensive opening the box as if I was wrong I'd have the hassle of sending them back but... they are indeed SID 29 RL 100mm travel :grin: I won't subject them to a winter of southern mud so they can stay in the box until spring time.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

A properly huge cardboard box containing..... the wrong bike!!

Having ordered a spanking new alloy FS bike, I was not entirely disappointed to find they'd sent out a new carbon Cannondale Scalpel Si. Do you think I should say anything....?

Somebody, somewhere has got a much bigger disappointment waiting for them!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Pickers wrote:A properly huge cardboard box containing..... the wrong bike!!

Having ordered a spanking new alloy FS bike, I was not entirely disappointed to find they'd sent out a new carbon Cannondale Scalpel Si. Do you think I should say anything....?

Somebody, somewhere has got a much bigger disappointment waiting for them!
Depends who it’s from :wink:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

"Hello, Megacorp Cycles? Yeah, this bike you've sent me is a different colour to what was on the website, can you knock some money off for me?"