The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by middleagedmadness »

Blair512 wrote:A mudhugger for the Ramin, hopefully it keeps me a bit less manky in the winter slop!
The back ones are mint but you'll still get wet Bollox off the front ones ,had them on the longitude last winter and just put them back on not a bit of spray comes off the back wheel
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

middleagedmadness wrote:
Blair512 wrote:A mudhugger for the Ramin, hopefully it keeps me a bit less manky in the winter slop!
The back ones are mint but you'll still get wet Bollox off the front ones ,had them on the longitude last winter and just put them back on not a bit of spray comes off the back wheel
Add a flap to the front one and a muckynutz downtube guard, plus a sheet of polyprop between the BB and the seat stays and you pretty much have full coverage
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

htrider wrote:
middleagedmadness wrote:
Add a flap to the front one and a muckynutz downtube guard, plus a sheet of polyprop between the BB and the seat stays and you pretty much have full coverage
Just in the process of cutting some truck spray flap to size and shape ,for the front ,and yes it is another quiet night in the workshop ,as it's the 1st one on shift it's nearly sleepy time too
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

htrider wrote:
middleagedmadness wrote:
Front wheel is next on the list, got to say the rear mud Hugger is revolutionary, my arse has never been so dry :lol:
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Don't suppose it's replacing a medium green ls Solaris you want to sell is it?
Mat, sorry, no. If you see my avatar it’s seen some abuse :oops:

I will have a green Sherpa (L) frame to sell shortly though...
Give the dirt a little room.
mat_swan

Post by mat_swan »

Fair enough, that is a bit of a mess. Thought I'd seen you had one of the green new ones- my mk1 is blue and it was a close call with that and the green, so I quite fancied a green longshot one but they're not doing them any more.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

And delivered a pair of red white bib shorts, not ridden in them yet but feel like they will live up to their reputation for being comfy and a very bright orange pair of RBS arm warmers to complete the tango man look when the BB shirts arrive :-bd

Hopefully tomorrow my potentially life changing electrical item will arrive
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Polaris never ending sale items purchased and received ....they will be perfect for next summer
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

My bargain Red/White shorts from Always Riding arrived. May not be worn until next summer now.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A new Endura Primaloft jacket from Wiggle.

I've been using the Montane Prism for a few years now but the insulation doesn't seem to be what it once was. Saw the Endura equivalent at Wiggle for a bargainacious £60 (minus a £5 loyalty voucher) and took a punt. Lovely thing. It's reversible, with a dayglo option, had a chest pocket (something I thought the Prism needed) and a bit more reflectivity too. It's also a bit longer at the back.

If you decide to buy one, be aware that they're selling the blue/yellow version shown in the photo, not the black/green version in the description.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-urban-fl ... le-jacket/
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

A cumulus quilt. My first ever... but I'm a little confused as I thought it was supposed to have a "foot box", but doesn't appear to.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

but I'm a little confused as I thought it was supposed to have a "foot box", but doesn't appear to.
Didn't they change the design on the latest ones?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Not sure. Wondering if I imagined the whole thing now. lol
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not sure. Wondering if I imagined the whole thing now.
The older versions have a sewn in footbox. I'm sure the newer models have a foldy up / fasten up footbox instead. In theory it should make it more versatile.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

I had one this summer, has a footbox, but an open one with a zip up the side so it can be opened out fully.

The specs on their website currently are:
YKK zip at the bottom allowing to create a footbox with two self-locking sliders
The zipper can be opened at the bottom for better ventilation
Additional, large mesh bag to store your sleeping bag at home
Full length, down-filled, zip insulating baffle
Open footbox construction with insulated draw cord
Can by fully opened and used as a flat blanket

Is yours not like that?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, I have the draw cord, but for some reason I was expecting some sort of inner flap/
gordonbennett

Post by gordonbennett »

Some much needed hi viz tape from In Reverse. Cheers!
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

And delivered a woolftooth headset, I installed it last night. It looks to be a very well made piece of equipment with great seals. The tapered spacer cap also looks a lot better than the stack of spacers it replaces. The old headset was in a dire state, seals gone and the bearings had started to disintegrate.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A couple of rim strips for someone's fat bike :wink:

Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

the wifes 45nrths turned up the other day , handed them over last night , Strange woman not only thinks they will be ace for riding bikes in the winter at strathpuffer but says *they look funky just for wearing out and about"
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

and brought me an old Psylo SL fork for some budget upgrade fun on my LTS2000. slightly newer and lighter than the triple clamp Judy LT it's replacing
Image Image
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

A new microphone. Hopefully have an audio book version of The Year done very soon
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

...with PHD sleeping bags (Hispar 400-950 and Minim K-1000) back from cleaning by Mountaineering Designs - http://www.mountaineering-designs.co.uk/. Dave there is a very nice and knowledgeable chap, and seems happy to "talk rubbish" on the phone too which is very refreshing in this day-and-email-only-age and much appreciated by this customer at least. The bags have so much loft now that they could probably jack up one of MaM's lorries with nae bother at all. He even cleaned the down hat that I sneaked into the parcel, without batting an eyelid :-bd.

R
Last edited by RIP on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

Another thumbs up for Mountaineering Designs. They resurrected my old down sweater. Top notch service.