The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Moder-dye

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Moder-dye »

New headset. Boring but pretty essential before the easter hols family trip to Comrie for a weeks camping and exploring.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Picked up a nice pair of Oveja Negra Bootlegger direct mount 2 litre bags from my buddies across the pond. For those of us who like to mount gear on the forks they look pretty damn good tbf.
Image20180322_182455 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

A nice shiny carbon pole from a happy fella in wales
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

Some sweary pink socks for this year's JennRide.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

New carbon shoes from Bontrager in a manly “theyrenotpinktheyreacidred” colour :oops:

Mactheknife68

Post by Mactheknife68 »

Brought this lovely frame which I built into this

RIP

Post by RIP »

Blimey voodoo, those shoes are.....mmm.... stunning. Literally. Fair play to you, I think they'd clash with my (non-existent) hair.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

yesterday and delivered a surprisingly big box

inside which was a smaller box

inside which was this:

a pair of SQLab medium (30mm) risers: 780 wide and 16 degrees of back sweep
and fitted on the new fatbike

on a quick run on the track to the house they feel very nice. I'll try them for a while before I decide whether to trim them down.

Although a committed brooks cambium fan, I thought I'd try an ergon saddle as they've intrigued me as to their potential comfort and my LBS did me a deal.... but no pic (and not strictly from the posite..)
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Nick, mate, the bars look good .... but what's on your feet? You been skinning squirrels for footwear/
I'm just going outside ...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bit of a bumper one today and it's not even my birthday:

1. Rezillos tickets for September(!) in London. Just got to work out how to build it into a Gigpacking(TM) BaM - best I can come up with so far is under a tree in Regents Park or the Bear enclosure at London Zoo. (Anyone fancy a Gigpacking BaM to the Rezillos in Northampton in October as well?!)
2. One of them there Exposure Joystick things. I do dislike being fashionable but my Lumicycle seems a bit of overkill weightwise for WRT etc, when one only needs a smidgeon of light to get from the pub to the bivi spot. Went for the very regal purple colour, only 300 made apparently, that's what it says 'ere anyway.
3. A completely wonderful BaM 2017 badge. I guess if one wants to keep collecting them every year, and Stuart's entirely reasonably only made one sort as we know, maybe each January one just buys another and simply colours the blue bit in with a differently-coloured felt tip pen of one's own choosing. After seven years of BaM-ing you'd end up with a sort of rainbow of BaM badges. What jinks! The only drawback is, er, what to attach it to since, being some sort of bikepacker, everything I wear or carry is, erm, waterproof and thereby possibly not totally compatible with things being sewn on.
4. An equally wonderful shiny new Stuart Hyperstove(TM) (*). Away for a couple of days so can't test it yet but in the meantime it'll look pretty damn impressive on the mantelpiece (anybody else as old-fashioned as me and still got one of those?)

(*) I'm bloomin' well going to keep pushing this "Hyperstove" label and it might even catch on :wink:. I always find it amusing how new superlatives have to be invented for each new release of the same product to keep punters interested and continually parting with their cash, the classic being washing powder of course - OMO super-clean, then ultra-clean, then hyper-clean (or is it the other way round?), and finally, what, ziga-clean? Then what?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

psling

Post by psling »

I'm bloomin' well...
Clever that, bit like one of those come-up-with-a-logo type competitions you used to see :grin:
Or as I believe they say on the www, ISWYDT
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

Mactheknife68 wrote:Brought this lovely frame which I built into this

Nice bike. Can I ask you what mudguards are those and how do you get on with them?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Mudguards looks like SKS Bluemels. I've a matching set in silver for my Amazon
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

ScotRoutes wrote:Mudguards looks like SKS Bluemels. I've a matching set in silver for my Amazon

They do look like SKS, however the ones I’ve narrowed down that appear to fit WTB horizons are the SKS 26” 60mm width ones.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks- ... -prod84326

However, the mudguards in his picture are different as they have the reflector fitted to the rear which is different. I’m finding it hard to find mudguards that deffinetly fit 650b horizons. I know Velo Orange do some 650b but they don’t fit 47c horizons though.

This is my sonder aluminium commuter bike I want them fitted too.

https://instagram.com/p/Bg_kD1LniH8/
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

You want the 700x53mm ones - and mine came with a reflector.

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/sks-g ... aid:719234
RIP

Post by RIP »

I missed that Peter when I was raving away there - "bloomin". Well spotted :smile:. Wish I could take credit for doing it on purpose but I can't!

RIP

Post by RIP »

While we're on word play, it's probably just me who thinks the marketing guru who named the Exposure Joystick was sniggering behind their hand when they came up with that one.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Don't talk about marketing Reg - I spotted an emergency bracelet today (you know, engraved with your medical / sos details) which is sold as something which 'Empowers Adventure' ... and just how does it do that I wonder? Anyway, Joystick - I'm sure they knew what they were doing and it's a good job that LED don't produce heat - could you imagine trying to explain that at A&E?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mart

Post by Mart »

Postie delivered some new drivechain stuff - Made the mistake of opening it in the kitchen and whilst I got distracted by some lovely new items, Mrs B was looking at the receipt ... oops :o
2924 miles per Gallon
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

WRT maps.
Determined to produce a route this year.
((Still pondering a detour to Aberystwyth for fish and chip on sat evening; see how many bacon rolls I eat. :-bd ))

Thanks Stu for the map guidance

ImageWelsh Ride Thing maps by Asposium, on Flickr
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sounds like a WRT security breach taking place here (cue klaxons going off everywhere, people in jumpsuits running around, etc) :wink:. Then again those cover pretty much all compass points from BBT don't they so we're none the wiser. I think I might just rock up, blindfold myself, get someone to spin me round and round a few times, then set off in whichever direction I end up pointing in.

(PS re Aber for F & C.... nah, Golden Sands chippy in T*w*n is the only sane choice...)

Asposium

Post by Asposium »

RIP wrote:Sounds like a WRT security breach taking place here (cue klaxons going off everywhere, people in jumpsuits running around, etc) :wink:. Then again those cover pretty much all compass points from BBT don't they so we're none the wiser. I think I might just rock up, blindfold myself, get someone to spin me round and round a few times, then set off in whichever direction I end up pointing in.

(PS re Aber for F & C.... nah, Golden Sands chippy in T*w*n is the only sane choice...)
exactly.
asked what maps I would ever likely need.
I have no more idea than anyone else.
RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile: thought so, but it's getting close now and it's easy to feel a bit jumpy about it all :wink:

Pickers

Post by Pickers »

In fairness, a set of maps that includes Aberystwyth, Llandrindod, Bala and Porthmadog doesn't really give us much of a clue.
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
RIP

Post by RIP »

'Not much of a clue' - to be honest Rich mate that sounds pretty much like one of our BaMs even when we have got the correct maps :lol:.