Teetosugars

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Teetosugars »

A nice pair of Fjallraven shorts.
Just in time for this weekends snow... :roll:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

...and dropped me off a new chair mat as I've destroyed another...and yet another guitar pedal. I'm now convinced pedals are to guitarists as crack is to an addict.

Greetz

S.
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

3 Voile straps..
Think I need longer ones tho.. but hey. :roll:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

The postman delivered (to work, wife avoidance) a sale Alpkit Cloud Cover quilt as a hammock under quilt.

Looks to fit my DD hammock perfectly, but I wasn't going to test it swinging off the oven door handle :oops:
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

JohnClimber wrote:The postman delivered (to work, wife avoidance) a sale Alpkit Cloud Cover quilt as a hammock under quilt.

Looks to fit my DD hammock perfectly, but I wasn't going to test it swinging off the oven door handle :oops:
I bought a Cloud Cover back when they cost £67. Been using it for a winter quilt extender. Last December, bivvying out with my son, I forgot to pack my big underquilt (doh) and it was a case of give up and go home or use the Cloud Cover under the hammock. It worked very well - I had no cold spots. I'm going to sew some tabs along the sides that'll allow me to stretch some thin bungee lengthwise. This will let me slide it up and down as well as keeping the edges tight against the hammock. It's going to save a few hundred grams and a lot of bulk from my pack.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

frogatthefarriers wrote:I bought a Cloud Cover back when they cost £67. Been using it for a winter quilt extender. Last December, bivvying out with my son, I forgot to pack my big underquilt (doh) and it was a case of give up and go home or use the Cloud Cover under the hammock. It worked very well - I had no cold spots. I'm going to sew some tabs along the sides that'll allow me to stretch some thin bungee lengthwise. This will let me slide it up and down as well as keeping the edges tight against the hammock. It's going to save a few hundred grams and a lot of bulk from my pack.
What temps do you use just your Cloud Cover down to as your underquilt please?
ballibeg

Post by ballibeg »

frogatthefarriers wrote:I'm going to sew some tabs along the sides that'll allow me to stretch some thin bungee lengthwise. This will let me slide it up and down as well as keeping the edges tight against the hammock. It's going to save a few hundred grams and a lot of bulk from my pack.
Great idea. I am going to blatantly copy. I'll let you know how I get on with the missus's sewing machine......gulp!
Thanks,

Dave
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A pair of Revelate Pogies from Backcountry.scot - that's the end of winter then!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Some nice stickers from a chap in deepest Wales.....cheers :-bd
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

A couple of merino tops via Sport Pursuit. Half-price expensive hipster brand and very nice too. They're exceptional in that they don't say "Expensive Hipster Brand" on them anywhere. :-bd
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

JohnClimber wrote:What temps do you use just your Cloud Cover down to as your underquilt please?
Hi John, I've only used it as an underquilt the one time. Don't know what the temperature was, but it was December, between Christmas and new year. It was frosty when we went to bed, but warmer by the morning. It should be said though, that I was wearing a down gilet and hoody, down booties with heat pads inside and fleece-lined trousers.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Expensive hipster brand bibs for new life in Brittany.
Hope they last a long time!
Grubby little urchin.
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

DHL have just delivered a big box with a new bike in it! :-bd

Unfortunately the box is at home and I'm at work. It's going to be a very slow afternoon.
It's a heavily discounted 2017 model and all the UK stores who claimed to have stock were fibbing (and still are three weeks later) so I ordered it from Germany on March 7th.

Pics later. As someone who usually rides rigid steel framed bikes it's definitely a paradigm shift! :shock:

My (late) mother gave me specific instructions to buy something I really wanted, that wasn't silly, was of good quality, that I'd enjoy for years, but that I wouldn't usually buy! Thanks mum! :-bd
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

And delivered a box containing spokes :-bd Also some nice Park tools, a pair of quite large sprocket holding pliers ( used instead of a chain whip) and hugely chunky park lock ring remover

Serious toolage :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Dr Nick wrote:DHL have just delivered a big box with a new bike in it! :-bd
Playing out over the bank holiday weekend then? :-bd

Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Just went for a quick spin (on road only). It's surprisingly un-draggy and bloody good fun! When assembling it I was surprised (in relative terms) how little the front wheel weighed. Being tubeless must help... This is going to be fun I think :grin:

BDS - possibly, family commitments allowing...
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Not living somewhere with significant snow, I've never wanted a fat bike, but that ^^^ looks really cool!
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Very nice Nick, I must say that my eye was drawn to the coffee machine and cake lurking in the background :-bd

Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Very nice Nick, I must say that my eye was drawn to the coffee machine and cake lurking in the background :-bd
.... and the big tub of Castrol Moly grease.

Nice bike!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Dr Nick wrote:Image

Just went for a quick spin (on road only). It's surprisingly un-draggy and bloody good fun! When assembling it I was surprised (in relative terms) how little the front wheel weighed. Being tubeless must help... This is going to be fun I think :grin:

BDS - possibly, family commitments allowing...
vaguely exciting! :-bd Shame the snow has gone now :lol:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

vaguely exciting!

I've always wanted a Lefty. That front wheel looks even bigger with one.
psling

Post by psling »

Dr Nick wrote:As someone who usually rides rigid steel framed bikes it's definitely a paradigm shift! :shock:
True!
My (late) mother gave me specific instructions to buy something I really wanted, that wasn't silly, was of good quality, that I'd enjoy for years, but that I wouldn't usually buy! Thanks mum! :-bd
Based on that criteria I'm sure she would have approved, that's a lovely looking bit of kit :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Pickers wrote:
.... and the big tub of Castrol Moly grease.
!
That’s some party :o

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Just had another set of Rab baselayer leggings delivered (after melting my favourite ones at the SE winter bivy, just before I went to lapland... already had some other ones thankfully)

Also a pair of Rab Vengeance winter gloves for my trip to Scotland in a week. Plus another pair of outdoor designs ones, will pick my favourite and return the others
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

An Alkpit Gnaro handlebar bag and some dehydrated meals. The latter are purely to see what they are like as it's a long time since I've tried any.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry