The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No :o ... Schnozzles are brilliant things.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Ever tried the other kind? :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ever tried the other kind?
I've got one of the little pumps like in your picture but find the bag soooo much faster. I also use it as a liner bag inside an outer dry bag.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Ok, I will give it a try then. It is usually the boy's job to inflate the mats every night and I can just see him moaning about using the bag.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

I too, am all about the Schnozzle.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Give me a shout if you don't like the Schnozzle,I use a tube thing which connects to an exped drybag. Pain in the arse, the Schnozzle looks like the perfect solution.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Some brake pads for the van ... way hay :roll:
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Ali express trailstar arrived today, hoping to get out and use it next time I can get out which is the 20th.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Some brake pads for the van ... way hay :roll:
I see your brake pads and raise you an eccentric shaft sensor which I sourced from Estonia of all places (because it was half the price of getting it from BMW directly!) Oh, and a rocker covet gasket (+ valvetronic gasket, oil filler gasket and eccentric shaft sensor gasket) and 6 iridium spark plugs.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Mrs Scattamah sent me a Black Diamond summer quilt (no faux baffles on this one...she's still working on that), my repaired Batpack6 (metal clip at the front that I can no longer break) and a set of Ti chopsticks.

Further to this, a box arrived with wifey yesterday from her uncle, who's made me a stove, a stand and stuffed it all in a Ti mug. There's a conspiracy from that side of the family to get me cooking on the trail.

For those in the know...is 85g reasonable for mug, stove, stand, fabric around stove so it doesn't rattle and the bag?

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

s 85g reasonable for mug, stove, stand, fabric around stove so it doesn't rattle and the bag?
Sounds about right. It can be done lighter with an aluminium mug but not by much.
slarge

Post by slarge »

If we're playing car parts:

A pair of front suspension bushes for a Focus
Rear brake discs and pads, and rear suspension bushes, and a bush removal tool. And a rear suspension arm as I had to cut the old one off. And an exhaust flexi pipe. 15 year old cars and MOTs are a bad combination.

It's not even my flipping car - son's girlfriend has a lot to answer for....
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Ta, Stu. I guess I'll be seeing you about those tiny meths bottles at some point. Whole lot fits inside a Rev. feed bag, which is nice. Wifey incorrectly placed stand during photo...supposed to be a triangle. Shall see how well it goes when it appears.
mug_stove.jpg
mug_stove.jpg (49.44 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I foresee quite a bit of flame overspill with that Scott but obviously see how you go on.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

When it lands, I'll make sure to drop out and let you abuse it for effectiveness :)

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

When it lands, I'll make sure to drop out and let you abuse it for effectiveness :)
I might just have something that'd work well with it ... I'll dig it out.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

AliE Trailstar arrived after about the best part of a month. I've had a play with it in the garden and I am seriously impressed with the quality. Thanks for the Bargain Alert and reviews of the item found here.
The wind was funneling between the house and garage and even the first time managed to get it up and it appeared rock solid. I think that now between Vaude Taurus, Trailstar and the DD superlight (small) tarp I've pretty much covered all my options for matching shelter to conditions and length of trip.
Two questions, I've never had to seam seal anything before is it essential? Secondly it came with a piece of nylon webbing about 4m long with a loop sewn into either end, any ideas of it's purpose?
Thanks P
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've never had to seam seal anything before is it essential?
No. Quite often you'll get away without bothering.
Secondly it came with a piece of nylon webbing about 4m long with a loop sewn into either end, any ideas of it's purpose?
Appears to be some kind of pitching guide - a kind of measure that you lay out on the ground so you know how tight to pull the material when you're pegging out.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I've literally just finished seam sealing my TrAliStar, ready for a trip to Lakes in a couple of weeks

It's pretty simple, I use the Henry Shires approach which is pretty straightforward.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Thanks Stuart, I'll leave it for now and see how I get on. Last summer the tape came off the seams on my old Vango TBS and despite heavy rain it didn't leak. I see what you mean about the setting up tape, next time I have a wee practice I'll see if it makes a difference. Now to order some poles :grin:
Peter
Edit, Off to Google the Henry Shires method.
Ian

Post by Ian »

My Revo light back from the menders. Accidentally misconnected input and output and borked the rear light circuit :oops:
Good repair service from USE though :-bd
Stumpym4

Post by Stumpym4 »

My new exped winter mat and schnozzel bag turned up today as recommended on here :)
ordered a separate schnozzel bag only to open my mat and find a shcnozzel bag included !!!!
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Stumpym4 wrote:My new exped winter mat and schnozzel bag turned up today as recommended on here :)
ordered a separate schnozzel bag only to open my mat and find a shcnozzel bag included !!!!
seems like an ideal opportunity to spread the schnozzel love,PM me :d
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
mat_swan

Post by mat_swan »

It's my birthday- my friends clubbed together and bought me a kindle paperwhite which should be grand for reading in the tent as it glows of its own accord (and i was really jealous or my OHs kindle touring last summer).

My sister bought me the Book of Lost Lanes for the south which i hope to make the time to have some lazy days out following. As she's doing physio after borking her knee training for nationals last year i hope it'll give me the excuse to get her out riding too- shoukd hopefully be a nice low impact way to keep some fitness and leg strength.

Finally, had friends round tonight. Laid in a good stock of beer but now have significantly more than we started with- i feel this is the way it should be!
Al

Post by Al »

He hasn't actually been.
How long did people have to wait for their fake trailstars to show up? Its 30 days since I ordered it - is this typical?