The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mat_swan

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by mat_swan »

Xt dynamo hub to go with my revo- first thing i did, naturally, was plug the two together and see how long it took to get the light going just turning it by hand.
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Chrimbo pressie to myself.
PHD down socks from the Xmas bargain box couriered to my door. vaguely exciting quality, just can't wait to get out in January.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Nice box containing 4 26 x3 tubes and a 170mm Salsa rack, cheers PB :cool:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

The postman brought an Alpkit sleep mat and a Trek Mates bivy bag which made a certain (not so) young lady very happy

Thank you Stu and Chew
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The postman brought an Alpkit sleep mat and a Trek Mates bivy bag which made a certain (not so) young lady very happy

Thank you Stu and Chew
Pleasure.

5l of tyre sealant and a new back light that hopefully won't turn itself into a gold fish bowl at the first hint of rain, causing random turnings on in the middle of the night ... sorry Jay :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ton

Post by ton »

2 deliveries today, 1 box of jones goodies. new loops and chunky long grips for my tourer. 1 box with a new stem, some endura overshoes and a pair of touring tyres.

i love deliveries of cycling goods.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

ton wrote: i love deliveries of cycling goods.
so does the classifieds in a couple of weeks. ;-)
ton

Post by ton »

so does the classifieds in a couple of weeks. ;-)

the only time money is any use, is when it is being spent.
spend it, earn more and repeat.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:

Thank you Stu and Chew
Pleasure.

5l of tyre sealant and a new back light that hopefully won't turn itself into a gold fish bowl at the first hint of rain, causing random turnings on in the middle of the night ... sorry Jay :wink:
:lol: I was slightly confused what was going on!
Trying to ride bikes.
tomwardill

Post by tomwardill »

2 x Schwalbe G-One Allround, in 35C flavour. For the commuter / off-road-road bike.
Hopefully have a bit more grip than the slidey things made of slidey slideness that are on there at the mo.
slarge

Post by slarge »

A SON28 dynamo hub in a very understated box (should be sparkly and gold plated at that price). This one's a 15mm axle version, so my qr SP hub/wheel will be up for sale soon, a Rad cage, mech hanger and cassette tool to replace broken bits.

Still waiting on a few more bits......
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Be interested to see how you get on with that Schmidt SON Steve. With the vagaries of the SP 15mm axle dynamo and the extra £100 for the Schmidt I've been holding off getting one. I've the QR version on my commuter which is fine.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

There's been a few Wiggle boxes appearing here over the last week or so. They've been scuttled away and hidden. I'm not allowed to investigate under pain of, well, pain probably.
There's more boxes than things I've asked for - quite looking forward to Xmas now :-)
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
slarge

Post by slarge »

whitestone wrote:Be interested to see how you get on with that Schmidt SON Steve. With the vagaries of the SP 15mm axle dynamo and the extra £100 for the Schmidt I've been holding off getting one. I've the QR version on my commuter which is fine.
It's the 5 year warranty that's attractive and probably worth the extra £100 - the last wheel build I had for an out of warranty SP replacement cost £90 with postage etc all thrown in.

I probably won't use it a great deal, but when I do it has to work.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Thanks to Shona and Rich of Keep Peddling there should be no more "where's your bell" from the red socks brigade now

ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

slarge wrote:
whitestone wrote:Be interested to see how you get on with that Schmidt SON Steve. With the vagaries of the SP 15mm axle dynamo and the extra £100 for the Schmidt I've been holding off getting one. I've the QR version on my commuter which is fine.
It's the 5 year warranty that's attractive and probably worth the extra £100 - the last wheel build I had for an out of warranty SP replacement cost £90 with postage etc all thrown in.

I probably won't use it a great deal, but when I do it has to work.
My 15mm SON has managed 7000 trouble free km so far. Thats more than any of the SP ones so I'm hopeful!
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Rab sawtooth hoody.

Ordered from Joe Browns at 2.59pm on Wednesday, pretty good going for this time of year!
Give the dirt a little room.
slarge

Post by slarge »

A big chainring for the commuter as the old one kept slipping under load, some road tubes with long valves and 3 tins of silicon spray (as 3 were £10 and 1 was £6).

Just waiting for another mech cage in carbon and then have to order a Crest rim for the dynamo hub.
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

... and dropped off a shiny set of nice, short carbon poles from Stu, all with a little green bag to keep them safe. Cheers Stu!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

After finding Alpkit's Treasure Hunt early in the week in North Wales I just received this bundle

:-bd
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Mart

Post by Mart »

Not a delivery - but Santa gave me a new beanie
The kids say they like it 'cos it stops me using my old one and looking like a tramp :shock:
2924 miles per Gallon
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

Garmin Oregon 600 GPS.

Finally made a decision. Via decathlon, impressed at delivery time but not at lack of soft padding in the box. No damage apparent on the box, so probably all okay...

And thanks to the postie for leaving in my 'safe place' so I don't need to go the the depot tomorrow first thing :-bd
Give the dirt a little room.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Box arrived from China yesterday. Turns out my FIL + wife conspired and sent me a Toaks 750ml Ti cup/bucket thing. It's really quite nice, but it doesn't fit in my feed bag and the lid won't self close meaning it'll require a rubber band to keep it on. 105g of Ti now adorning the shelf. :(

Still not quite sure how they got "toaks" out of "snow peak", how 300 morphed to 750, or how double wall became single. All these items appear to have been lost in translation. Still, gotta love the outlaws :)

Greetz

S.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I have older sp's that have been fine but for the Vir Fortis I went with the SON. It does produce more power at lower speeds than the sp.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

My landlady played postie last night arriving back from Italia with Pocket Coffee and Jaegermeister. Just in time for CoC :)

Greetz

S.