Veloviewer Premium headsup

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

Veloviewer Premium headsup

Post by Richpips »

Just been to upload my last few rides, and come across this below.

There'll be a yearly payment of 9.99 as from this weekend for some features, see here -> http://blog.veloviewer.com/introducing- ... r-premium/

Good value imo.
mountainbaker

Re: Veloviewer Premium headsup

Post by mountainbaker »

Better value than strava Premium.
FLV

Post by FLV »

worth it I expect, but not for me. I can cope without it.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

What extra functionality does it provide over Garmin Connect, or other free services?
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

What extra functionality does it provide over Garmin Connect, or other free services?
Scroll down and the current features are explained, though I understand more are in the planning stage.

http://blog.veloviewer.com/about/
SlowRide

Post by SlowRide »

Seems like they're going to render the free version fairly useless, only being able to track the last 10 activities once pro is launched. Would have been nice if, like Strava, they could have left a fairly robust and fully functional free version in place and just added features to make the premium/pro version more attractive. Oh well, great free app while it lasted.
Dave42w

Post by Dave42w »

I'll pay up. It provides some beautiful analysis and it is great to be able to support a creative independent developer.
VeganGraham

Post by VeganGraham »

I'd agree with Slowride, I don't think the All Or (almost) Nothing policy is a good idea.
Better to go with the way Strava, and so many other software sellers, like AVG, Adobe, Photoshop etc. give away a usable basic version as a way of tempting you in to buying the upgrade.
I only really use veloviewer as a way of getting a cool signature to use on here.
The map flipper is useful, although I can overlay my tracks on to Tracklogs if I want to.
I'm not convinced it's worth £10 a year for me.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Nice graphics, but unless I'm missing something it's just eye candy. When I finally buy a powermeter I'll subscribe to a proper performance analysis tool like Training Peaks, but I don't see much point to this over the free online logs.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I thought £10 was bloody good value actually. Not much in the bike world you can buy for a tenner these days.

Things I like are the monthly summary thing, the annual summary graph and comparison to previous years, closest rivals, to name a few.

He's clearly invested a lot of time in developing the site, and donations probably don't go far enough to cover his investment. But, he's created something of value and set a reasonable very price against it. Give first, collect later.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Ian wrote:I thought £10 was bloody good value actually. Not much in the bike world you can buy for a tenner these days.

Things I like are the monthly summary thing, the annual summary graph and comparison to previous years, closest rivals, to name a few.

He's clearly invested a lot of time in developing the site, and donations probably don't go far enough to cover his investment. But, he's created something of value and set a reasonable very price against it. Give first, collect later.
Echoes my view. Strava can afford a freebie version when they're bashing out $120 jerseys on a monthly basis.

I looked at training peaks and couldn't find out what it would do that having my training plan on paper wouldn't do.

19p a week. Worth it I reckon!
FLV

Post by FLV »

After poking around strava looking for ride data, I'm thinking of ponying up the tenner.

I didnt think I used it enough to warrant paying for it but it is very easy to look at data
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

If you're just after ride data, check out golden cheetah. It can handle power too - does things like TRIMP etc for equiv of what strava calls suffer score. Can also do way more complex stuff that I don't bother with too.