how excited

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

how excited

Post by Mike »

So I've been packing, unpacking, repacking and more packing for three days now. U could say I'm very excited about this weekend and what it will bring. My bike is finally ready for the off I'm carrying enough food for everyone I think ( I get hungry when I ride ). So is everyone else as excited as me :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Re: how excited

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So I've been packing, unpacking, repacking and more packing for three days now. U could say I'm very excited about this weekend and what it will bring. My bike is finally ready for the off I'm carrying enough food for everyone I think ( I get hungry when I ride ). So is everyone else as excited as me
Bless ... I want you to hang on to that feeling all the way round. Don't let it slip and become resentment and bitterness towards me when you get back :wink:

I've been out erecting a BB 200 >>> marker in the hope it might stop you all going up someones drive ... not very exciting, although I did discover a cracking potential overnight spot nearby.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

I'm actually starting to envy you guys and gals. Remember this comes from a bloke who rides stuff like this regularly:

and here:

Both during a bikepacking trip with my girlfriend.

And still. I envy you :shock:

Mostly because this bike packing community is full of great folks and you all get to have fun times (and hopefully suffer) together.

Enjoy and get wild
:-bd
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Can't work out what's excitement and what's just fear. Bring it on!
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

I'm excited about getting back to the car and putting on some dry clothes!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good effort stu, I'm guessing u've been over to helygog on Ian's request :wink: did u ride over today or drive ( I have a vision of a man on a bike cycling with a huge sign strapped to his back )
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Driving ... I'd have been riding with a sign and 2 Lurchers strapped to my back.
composite

Post by composite »

s8tannorm wrote:
So I've been packing, unpacking, repacking and more packing for three days now. U could say I'm very excited about this weekend and what it will bring. My bike is finally ready for the off I'm carrying enough food for everyone I think ( I get hungry when I ride ). So is everyone else as excited as me
Bless ... I want you to hang on to that feeling all the way round. Don't let it slip and become resentment and bitterness towards me when you get back :wink:

I've been out erecting a BB 200 >>> marker in the hope it might stop you all going up someones drive ... not very exciting, although I did discover a cracking potential overnight spot nearby.
Was this that bit where the marked line on the map goes through their garden instead of "going round the triangle"?
slarge

Post by slarge »

I am predicting a "I hate Stu" thread on Sunday.

As far as excited goes, I have written a list of stuff I must not forget. And I have a flat tyre to fix. And have to buy some stuff but not sure what yet. Might get an hour tomorrow to pack though......
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Was this that bit where the marked line on the map goes through their garden instead of "going round the triangle"?
It is Neil. In reality, it's pretty obvious that you don't go up the drive but when folk are tired ... anything can happen :wink:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yetiman wrote:Good effort stu, I'm guessing u've been over to helygog on Ian's request :wink:
Wasn't so much a request as an observation for the benefit of all concerned ;)
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

slarge wrote:I am predicting a "I hate Stu" thread on Sunday..
do you think he's secretly competing against Alan Goldsmith, to see who can get the most people yomping over the wilderness cursing them?
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I'm excited, it's going to be a real test for me and I do like venturing into the unknown which is fifty percent of the route in my case.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

do you think he's secretly competing against Alan Goldsmith, to see who can get the most people yomping over the wilderness cursing them?
Actually, I spent a few hours on-line earlier in the week searching for a T shirt with 'Bastard' across the front. I thought it'd be something nice for me to wear on Sunday. If I find one I'll buy a second for Alan too :wink:
Chew

Post by Chew »

composite wrote:Was this that bit where the marked line on the map goes through their garden instead of "going round the triangle"?
Is that the bit 193k in?
(Pont Helygog)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is that the bit 193k in?
(Pont Helygog)
Yeah, it's pretty straight forward on the ground ... more so now it's got a sign :-bd
Ian

Post by Ian »

s8tannorm wrote:
Is that the bit 193k in?
(Pont Helygog)
Yeah, it's pretty straight forward on the ground ... more so now it's got a sign :-bd
So straight forward, I don't know how you managed to map it incorrectly :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So straight forward, I don't know how you managed to map it incorrectly
I didn't say it was straight forward on the map ... just the ground :wink:
gairym

Post by gairym »

I'm half way between home and the start line and that's got to be sufficient cause for celebration.

The fact that I'm physically and mentally exhausted, have the same amount of driving ahead of me tomorrow and then there's the small matter of actually completing the cycling bit of this trip is mildly daunting.

But on the whole - yeah, pretty excited!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Ill be more excited later today when I can hopefully figure out why my SP hub and revo light don't seem to be working all of a sudden.

Arrrrrgggggh!
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

That doesn't sound good Ian! Thanks for the maps. I'll ring you later when back from Glossop
Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

This week has been pretty hectic for me at work and the excitement has played a big part in that! Constantly getting distracted, checking the route over and over, thinking of what to pack... Do I need this, do I need that...

Anyway, when I finish work today it's straight to the car hire place (my car packed it in :-( ) then try and fit my bike and gear into whatever stupidly small car I can afford and I'm off to Stourbridge for the night to see the mother and collect fresh flapjack and brownies. Then I'll be making my way the further 2 hours or so tomorrow morning before the event start.

I don't know why I'm writing this to the forum, but perhaps it's just helping me clear my mind and plan what I need to do today...

Looking forward to the suffer fest - that cup of tea at the finish line is going to taste so good!
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I had a loose connection for a while which made it quite temperamental. Turned out it was simply the spade connector to the wire. Check there and make some minor adjustments.
Mines been fine since.
evilgoat

Post by evilgoat »

Gutted.

Woke up this morning and the slight tickle in my throat yesterday has turned into a sandpaper feeling and sinuses totally blocked. Doubt that attempting bb200 will be a good idea feeling like this.

Pretty much everything packed as well.

Looks like I'll be spending the day putting all my kit away.

Have fun everyone, look forward to the stories when you get back.
Mart

Post by Mart »

ianfitz wrote:Ill be more excited later today when I can hopefully figure out why my SP hub and revo light don't seem to be working all of a sudden.

Arrrrrgggggh!
Check your connections, would be my suggestion. When this happened to me I jusy recut the ends which seemed to do the trick
Its been OK since I did this :)
2924 miles per Gallon