New Joystick mk9

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

u02sgb

New Joystick mk9

Post by u02sgb »

Hi,
New mk9 joystick has 750 lumens up from 400 and supposedly a wider beam. Was wondering if anyone had seen it? I figure the mk9 is somewhere between the mk8 and the Diablo (mk4) now, was trying to see which one it's close too.

Fancy it as a head torch, commuter light and a "get me home" if I get stuck out later than planned on a big day ride.

Posted on Singletrack forum too but there were tumbleweeds...

Stu.
slarge

Re: New Joystick mk9

Post by slarge »

I am also looking at these. The Axis light looks like a light between Joystick and Diablo as well.
The Mk8 Joystick looks like a bargain at Rutland Cycling (or on ebay). Also the Mk1 Axis looks a bargain, but both seem eclipsed by the newer versions - which also have a price tag to match!
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Yeah I think the new ones are all at full retail rather than discounted which makes them look very expensive! From what I can tell they seem worth it though. The helmet mount in particular looks great.

Haven't looked at the Axis will do some more research.
composite

Post by composite »

The helmet mount is second to none, it's really good. I'm sure there must be some helmet configurations it won't fit though.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

u02sgb wrote:Hi,
New mk9 joystick has 750 lumens
Blinkin' heck, LED tech has come a long way. I still have my Mk2 which is 240 lumens, since getting the diablo it's now just a casual hand torch :lol: I remember selling my kona coiler to purchase a joystick and maxx-d back in 2008 or 9...

Anyone know what emitters they're using in the latest batch of lights?
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I remember building a bike (motor) 15 years ago and fitting LEDs in place of a coventional backlight ... everyone told me it was a stupid idea and would never catch on :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way