Why?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gari

Re: Why?

Post by Gari »

Mandicky wrote:
Gari wrote:I recall reading an article in a well known magazine about going "proper" bikepacking.....there was some getting lost on the way to a bothy.....not really knowing where they were going...... and they didn't leave the pub until it was dark.....Following day was a bit of a late start........had to change their original route due to lack of time and how hard it was riding a loaded bike.
Sounds like proper bikepacking to me :smile:

That's my point. :roll:
The inference was that they weren't just going to do that, it was going to be much more rad!
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Im a plumber I've being riding ss for 8 months how "rad man" :roll: do i need carbon knee pads? :lol:
Trying to ride bikes.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Cheers for the replies, I knew it wasn't me.

I just need a good come back that doesn't involve me stooping to his/their level.
slugwash

Post by slugwash »

Im a plumber I've being riding ss for 8 months how "rad man" :roll: do i need carbon knee pads?
No Jay, but if you keep on riding your SS at the same intensity as you did on the WRT then you may have to seal up your loose knee joints with PTFE tape :grin:
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

To the original question:

They're there because, in every genre and area of life, there exist bellends. Some are more vocal and vociferous than others. Those of the most limited intelligence are usually the loudest of the lot.

And I don't tell them where to get off, I just let them blether. Because if all if the above, and because a weapons-grade bellend is weapons-grade bellend, and because nothing I could do or say would change that. Trying is a waste of energy, just get on with your life and let them whoop, holler and generally be moronic.
I just need a good come back that doesn't involve me stooping to his/their level.
If you don't stoop, chances are it will go over his/their head(s). Don't waste your breath.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm thinking I might get some badges made proclaiming " It's people like me, that make people like you look soft"
May the bridges you burn light your way
jay91

Post by jay91 »

slugwash wrote:
Im a plumber I've being riding ss for 8 months how "rad man" :roll: do i need carbon knee pads?
No Jay, but if you keep on riding your SS at the same intensity as you did on the WRT then you may have to seal up your loose knee joints with PTFE tape :grin:
. :shock:
Trying to ride bikes.
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

No offence to plumbers. I just noticed one weekend at Glyncorrwg a while back there were a lot of VW vans with Plumber's company signage on, and a lot of 'weapons grade bellends'. As I said, sweeping generalisation.

There are a lot of bellends out there though, and I agree, it's best to ignore them, they are just attention seeking anyway.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

We* caught some of these ppl you all refer to on a mixture of hardtails and short travel full sussers round some welsh trail centre (coz they're good places to go and ride casually with friends) and they made some remark about our lightweight bikes and nailing us down the hill....ironically we were faster downhill too and never saw them again.

In short, whenever I come across these sorts of ppl, don't see them for long (tends to make them angrier though!)

*Myself and a group of friends, including a couple of elite xc mtbers to give you am idea of the type of group we were in.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I passed a couple at Llandegla a few weeks back. Dropped a couple on the climb, got passed again as I stopped for a drink at the top of the True Blue descent, then caught them again on one of the Red descent sections. I got a quiet "bastard" out of one of them as I passed him on a wider bit.

I was on a cross bike, mind.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Riding round Leigh woods in Bristol today (2 mile loop) I noticed someone had dropped an energy gel wrapper
Why oh why would you want to eat an energy gel on anything less than a 1,000,000 mile ride, they're disgusting!
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ben98 wrote:Riding round Leigh woods in Bristol today (2 mile loop) I noticed someone had dropped an energy gel wrapper
Why oh why would you want to eat an energy gel on anything less than a 1,000,000 mile ride, they're disgusting!
I only use gels on XC distance stuff, deffo not 1,000,000 mile rides...they only last about 20 mins :shock:
jay91

Post by jay91 »

mountainbaker wrote:No offence to plumbers
non taken I live at Cannock every other bike is a Santa Cruz carbon thingy...
Trying to ride bikes.