The 'non-WRT' thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

The 'non-WRT' thread

Post by voodoo_simon »

So instead of going to the WRT (need to be close to home), I've spent all day today working in the front garden :|

Can anyone trump this?
Dan_K

Re: The 'non-WRT' thread

Post by Dan_K »

Was supposed to be camping in Dorset but instead we're nursing the 6 year old lad who's managed to get tonsillitis, a chest infection and an ear infection and is lay on the sofa feeling sorry for himself.
Got out for a spin on the cross bike earlier and I will be out again tomorrow but it's not what I was hoping for...
Mart

Post by Mart »

Our house has no kitchen, the place is a building site / bomb site and more disruption to come next week, and a stressed out wifey with the mess and muck. Been feeding the family from a microwave, toaster and kettle

Oh hold on maybe that should be an incentive to get away :lol:

To top it all, I'm also working Monday :cry:
2924 miles per Gallon
FLV

Post by FLV »

Took my lads to bmx club. Pottered around the garage.
Realised I havnt actually ridden my bike In the last week and I have the HT550 in 3 weeks. Worried for a bit. Then faffed with the motorbike with the eldest instead
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Wanted to go, but this is the one bank holiday we don't get at work and couldn't convince the other half that dragging ourselves over to Wales for 2 days was worthwhile. About to go out on the road bike for an hour instead, and tomorrow go out for a run for an hour followed by a swim, then sulk because I'm in work on Monday
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

We booked a cottage in South Devon for this week back in October, before the date of the WRT was announced (or I spotted it), but at least it's sunny, but no riding for this week :oops:

A couple of photos from today, if it helps.
On route to Dartmouth harbour

Bluebells
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Forensic engineering coursework, or rather procrastinating with it coz I'm not in the right frame of mind....
slarge

Post by slarge »

Just got back from a few days in Pembrokeshire, so have spent the day washing the van, mowing the lawn, scarifying, mowing, and tomorrow am planning a bivvy trip to test my new borah bivvy. Not sure where to go yet though, might ride down to Bredon hill.

Just thinking of those lucky lot doing the Cairngorms loop - brilliant weather for it.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Cleaned the gutters. Much better than WRT.

Also anxiously checking the weather forecast for a trip to the NW Highlands next weekend. Anyone got an ultralight inflatable ark?
paramart

Post by paramart »

putting brake shoes on my car and wished i hadn,t started but done now
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Charliecres wrote:Cleaned the gutters. Much better than WRT.

Also anxiously checking the weather forecast for a trip to the NW Highlands next weekend. Anyone got an ultralight inflatable ark?
You could always hire a packraft from backcountrybiking
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well we are on the WRT and taking it very seriously

pub wifi :-)
tommid

Post by tommid »

A solid days work in the back garden for me, today was nettle removal. Tomorrow will be more of the same. The culmination of 18 months work, so I can seed the lawn Monday.
Should have a third of an acre of grass by July (fingers crossed).
What I'd give to be at WRT!
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

entered the WRT, looking forward to it enormously, couldn't do it due to having to sort stuff at home, however I got a window from lunch time today till lunchtime tomorrow so planned a Cheshire Ride Thing, well a ride to a favourite bivvy spot.

Set off, all happy and smiley, got there via the long way, just over 40 miles on dirt trails (mostly) waited till no one was around and started the bikehikescramble to the top ( its quite cheeky) and stumbled twisting my ankle, the bike (fully loaded Krampus) fell to the bottom, I sat and watched my ankle swell.

Ten minutes later and I'd decided that going back down for the bike and scrambling back up was dumb (even by my standards) and as my ankle was now swollen and stiff I head back to the trail and home, two punctures along the way really lightened my mood as you can imagine.....

Now home and drinking beer and icing my ankle, 66 miles in the bank but no stars tonight :-/
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Dismantling the El Mariachi, fettling the 9zero7 for a long-postponed trip to the islands next week and planning to get out for a ride on it tomorrow.
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Lots of prep going on here for next weekend - 2 weeks touring/camping/bivvying round Scotland.
Starting from Inverness, working my way up to Cape Wrath then down the West coast via a few islands, train home from Ardrossan. Much mapping and just a little blatant plagiarism of routes.
Should some pics and stuff for the Non-HTR550 thread in 3 weeks or so
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

Charliecres wrote:Cleaned the gutters. Much better than WRT.

Mind the Scottish Six Days is on Mon-Sat in the Lochaber area.
:wink:
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

ScotRoutes » Sat May 03, 2014 9:12 pm
fettling the 9zero7 for a long-postponed trip to the islands next week
I'm doing the same Colin - where are you thinking - I'm planning on a trip to the Inner Hebrides as soon as I can (10 days time?).
Been fiddling with the bike, making a frame bag template for Wildcat, digging thistles out of last years new lawn (you've got this to look forward to tommid), making a jump for the boys bikes, pottering in the garden (bonfires keep the boys entertained), packing for a work trip tomorrow......
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/