Singular Rooster 29+ Kickstater

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: Singular Rooster 29+ Kickstater

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Something like two on the downtube, one on the seat tube and another one or two under the downtube would have left more options open.
Crikey, it'd be a swiss cheese :wink:

Thanks for the thoughts though, I appreciate "reviewing" is more challenging than some might think (and not as easy as those who buy a bike and wax lyrical on the looks / how goddamn awesum it is before they've ridden the damn thing - I don't mean Stu :wink: ).

So not an "anchor" then? And lastly, if I may, what do you think to the (supposed) slow / self steering properties? Internet myth or straight line juggernaut?

:cool:
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

Here's mine - happy so far but need to play around with the tyre pressures a bit more and sort the handle bar width out.

ImageDSC_1098 by fimorg, on Flickr

I agree re. the bottle cages mounts though - I'm sure one more wouldn't have been a problem
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Looks nice Steve.
Now, are you going to come out and use it? :wink:
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

It would be a waste if I didn't!!!

I'm no longer working weekends (I'm back in the old job) so hopefullly I SHOULD have a bit more time to sort my fitness out!
VeganGraham

Post by VeganGraham »

what do you think to the (supposed) slow / self steering properties?
That's the first I've heard of that one. Did you get it from the same people that say 29ers are no good on twisty singletrack? :smile:
Again, thanks to my inability to write florid product reviews, the best I can say is that when I turn the bars, it goes round corners just as I would expect it to. Doesn't seem all that much different to my other two 29er hardtails.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I can feel a little bit of self steer but only at very low pressures and only on faster tarmac corners. Never felt off road.
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Grubby little urchin.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

VeganGraham wrote:
what do you think to the (supposed) slow / self steering properties?
That's the first I've heard of that one. Did you get it from the same people that say 29ers are no good on twisty singletrack? :smile:
Again, thanks to my inability to write florid product reviews, the best I can say is that when I turn the bars, it goes round corners just as I would expect it to. Doesn't seem all that much different to my other two 29er hardtails.
I think I read it somewhere but expected it was internet bollox :wink: