Go on then ... what tyres?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Go on then ... what tyres?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

At the moment I'm really liking Conti' Race King 2.2s on my 29er. Fairly light, very fast rolling, not too expensive and plenty grippy enough.

On 26" wheels I seem to have settled on WTB SS Prowlers ... 2.3 on the back and a whopping 2.5 on the front to cushion the rigid forks a touch. Although fairly heavy, once upto speed the things roll like a runaway freight train!

What's your tyre of choice at the moment?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ian

Re: Go on then ... what tyres?

Post by Ian »

On the Soda I have 2.2" Rubber Queens. Utterly ace on the rocky terrain around here.
On the Pegasus I have just swapped from 2.2" Race Kings to Maxxis Ardent's, which are again super grippy but they do drag a bit. More "training" benefit I suppose.

Ian
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

I'm a Schwalbe fan, Freds, Ralphs, Nics & Rons in assorted pairs and combinations with Supersonic tubes. But seriously thinking 2.25" tubeless Rons are the future I'm tired of the punctures!

Anyone tried WTB Nano Raptors? Last WTB i used were Weirwolf and they weighed more than the wheel
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I quite fancy a play with Nano Raptors but they seem a little difficult to track down at the moment.

I've a WTB Weirwolf LT on the front of one bike - 29" x 2.55, massive but very quick and not stupidly heavy given the size. I belive WTB have stopped making them :|
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ian

Post by Ian »

Also like the look of the new Maxxis Ikon, which Aidan is currently using on the front of his bike on the TD. Bit pricey though. http://www.justridingalong.com//shop.php?product=8334
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

It's not so much what tyres, it is what option do you want once you've decided which tyre you are going to run, so many options.