Hot Pogs are bbrrrriiiillllllllllliiiiiaanntt

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Hot Pogs are bbrrrriiiillllllllllliiiiiaanntt

Post by JohnClimber »

Last November I bought a pair of basic Hot Pogs for under £25 http://www.hotpog.co.uk/basic-hotpog-mo ... ike-pogies believing the press in saying this winter was going to be all doom and gloom with tons of snow.

Of course there was ridicule

Well this morning at 7.45am it was 2.5 degrees but the sun was out so knowing it would warm up a little later I thought the winter gloves would have been too much and the autumn gloves to little, of course I could have put the autumn gloves in my pack and changed when my hands became too warm, but I hate riding with thick gloves.

So as I took the Mukluk out of the garage I thought I'd try my Hot Pogs with the Autumn gloves on from the start. After just 3 miles of riding with the Hot Pog's on the Jones bars my hands were so warm that I had to take these thinner gloves off and I did the rest of the 23 miles with no gloves on at all.
In fact as it warmed up I had to put my bare hands onto the metal brake levers not to rest them but to help cool my hands down.

Even one of the Iron Men had a try

What a fantastic bit of kit 10/10
voodoo_simon

Re: Hot Pogs are bbrrrriiiillllllllllliiiiiaanntt

Post by voodoo_simon »

Nice picture, I may head that way on Thursday :smile:

The Hot Pogs are next on my list, may get some lime green ones to match me padals :-bd
composite

Post by composite »

I have a pair of the ones with the map holder on. I really like them and almost have a review ready to go.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Yep, Ive got the exact same ones and this morning squeezed them onto my road bike. The howls of derision from my club mates could be heard in the next county. It was 1 degree when we set out and it was 1 degree when we got back three hours later. Everyone moaned about cold hands except smug little me and I was wearing nothing but track mits under the pogs
I'm just going outside ...
barney

Post by barney »

I got a set with the map pocket off Mrs B for xmas

Finally got chance to use them yesterday... not surprisingly it was cold, windy and pouring with rain but kept my hands/bars 100% warm and dry

Only minor grumble was that my hands were warm enough not to need any inner/liner gloves but removing them for road signals etc meant they got a bit cold being exposed to the elements but that is a very harsh criticism

Only a couple to seconds to remove and didn't take long to dry on the radiator.

Agreed a 10/10 purchase
Wait for me...
jameso

Post by jameso »

I like those, didn't know you could get them for that sort of price. I've had a couple of long, wet winter road rides where something like that would have saved some discomfort. Now thinking about how to make something similar that slots under the sleeve of a WP jacket, is that a daft idea? WP fabric, pile liner, slimmer wrist/sleeve fit? As long as you can get out of them quick.. Harder to fit drops but maybe workable for loop bars.
Gari

Post by Gari »

I borrowed a set from a friend last winter for the Pugs(on some loops, so MYOG should fit ok) and I also found that after a while I had to take my gloves off as they were too hot. I imagine that they would be great at -temps. Planned to get some this winter but for the most part it hasn't really been cold enough here!
No getting away from the fact that they aren't lookers, though my mates pair were that safety orange which didn't help :oops: :roll: :lol: