Highest number of consecutive nights out?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Highest number of consecutive nights out?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

This isn't a willy waving contest before anyone starts. Purely out of interest, how many nights have you spent out back to back? ... Think mine is 4, although I recall it feeling like much, much more!
May the bridges you burn light your way
Matt

Re: Highest number of consecutive nights out?

Post by Matt »

What are the rules here: Are we talking alpine style? ie how many nights without restocking in towns or simply how many nights carrying your own gear on you bike and sleeping outside?

Proper bivvy in the wilds alpine style - only 2 nights I'm afraid... boo
(although I reckon you need at least 2 nights to get into the rhythm of it, I never sleep that well on the first night but like a log on the second night, would quite like to try a third night to see how this rule progresses)

Other style - 5 nights but did include campsites and pubs etc. so not really in the spirit in which I suspect you mean.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Many moons ago, me and a mate did a full week in the Lakes with a tent, so that'll be about 6 nights with a mix of wild camping and a couple of campsites.
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

Too many, long mountaineering trips.
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Not to willy wave but when in the t.a army we would be out for 14 night in a row for annual camp, Iv done more with the army but annual camp is more recreational as opposed to other times
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

4 nights totally self supported and solo this year on my extended C2C. Pretty happy I could carry a few days more food as I had about a days worth left over. It is nice when u find a happy routine to your days.
bod

Post by bod »

12 days here, that was only a mixture of wild camping and campsites while in France. It's weird, after about a week being indoors seems strange, makes you kind of feel claustrophobic.
Sure I read Ray Mears has the Guinness record for most nights spent out in a year, I would probably beat him if I had my own personal wood though
royAB

Post by royAB »

Does living in a tent for 4 years as a kid count?

(... was in the warmth of Africa, with camp bed, fire etc... so not really 'wild boy of the Veldt'. Did learn a thing or two that applies in this part of the world like actually preferring to be under canvas than a roof still...)
Last edited by royAB on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Post by Ian »

On a Radio Five interview with Simon Mayo a while ago, I heard Ray Mears say he spends roughly 200+ nights a year outdoors. No evidence of it, other than hearing it with my own ears, but according to this I was wrong :?