barney

Re: PSA: New luggage at AlpKit

Post by barney »

cheers for the heads up Stu, just ordered myself a small treat for xmas! :D
Wait for me...
Zoglug

Post by Zoglug »

I almost pulled the trigger on a possum and a large fuel tank......but stopped myself!
drain

Post by drain »

I couldn't - g'day, li'l Possum!
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Small Fuel Tank for me, no black left so settled on Steel..

Had a problem with the online checkout page though, so had to ring them up & order over the phone :?

Thanks for the heads-up, been waiting ages for these to come back in stock & had already asked Father Christmas for a Revelate Designs one!
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Just orgered an orange stem cell :D
and was gonna get a possum as well but i'll need a large and at that size its gonna cost as much for a custom one as a one size fits all :/
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

There's a Revelate Designs Stem Cell type thingy on fleabay at the moment..
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Possum for me, been wanting something similar for ages but never found the right thing (and I was too lazy to design my own!)
jameso

Post by jameso »

I do like the new strap system on the Possum and fuel pod. Not necessarily better but quite adaptable for different frames if that's important.
composite

Post by composite »

Managed to order what was possibly the last orange stem cell, tried to get 2 but only 1 left in stock.
alpnick

Talking of Christmas presents...

Post by alpnick »

If there are any special requests for more stock before Christmas, then let me know....nick AT alpkit com.
There is more being made anyway but if everyone wants Flo orange then we might as well make a load of those rather than a mix of colors.

Frame Bags (plus fatbike versions, for those lucky enough to have a new 29+ ti lying around ;) ). Can still be ordered for a pre Christmas delivery, unfortunately a perfectly working bit of software for creating drop down option for the product just decided not to work. Just give us a ring and we can work out the rest.

Please, please give us feed back on the attachment system. We are convinced by it as it so adaptable, and more stable as you can get the attachment to the frame in the place that you want it, not where we put it.

Anyway talking of Christmas presents, for anyone out riding this month, as i'm assuming no one found a bottle of whisky I stashed at the WRT???? well this might help SH73759190 uprooted tree.

Have a good one

N
Zoglug

Post by Zoglug »

Seeing the possum on a bike, I really like the look of it, but I'm curious as to how useful it will be, can you get much stuff in there?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

plus fatbike versions, for those lucky enough to have a new 29+ ti lying around
I'm not allowed to keep it, it has to go back ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Try SN Nick. :roll:
alpnick

Post by alpnick »

Wales is big place easy to get GR wrong and lose a bike ;)

N
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Or were you planning on selling Packrafts soon? ;)
Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster »

Oooooh, now that is a good idea! Alpkit budget priced white water packraft with purpose designed bikeraftpacking gear. Sod the bottle of whisky that would be a really great Christmas present for next year.
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

@alpnick - Any updates on when you think the Kanga/Y Fronts might be online? I'm thinking of this for Xmas but will probably buy one myself next year if they're not going to be available.

Cheers,
Stuart.
Lughnasadh

Post by Lughnasadh »

Also the new teeny totty gas stove from Alpkit - https://www.alpkit.com/products/kraku

Excited about how light and small this stove is. Unfortunately still needs a comparatively mahoosive canister to use it : (
composite

Post by composite »

Lughnasadh wrote: Excited about how light and small this stove is. Unfortunately still needs a comparatively mahoosive canister to use it : (
It's not that small and light. ;)
http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/pages ... tml#stoves
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Not wishing to p*** on the parade but that stove looks the same as various alternatives e.g.

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-x- ... 012-787169

Is it any different / better / cheaper? Fair play to Alpkit looking to provide a bit of "one-stop-shopping" though.

Not sure what the issue with the cannister is, certainly when compared to any other gas stove. Go meths and pop-can / Stu's tiny burners if you want something smaller and lighter. However, for ease and convenience I can fit a complete brew kit in a regular Mytimug (cannister, burner, flint+steel, tea bags and/or coffee, folding spoon, foil shield etc). It's my set-up of choice but each to their own.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not wishing to p*** on the parade but that stove looks the same as various alternatives e.g. http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-x- ... 012-787169
It looks nowt like the Karrimor X-lite stove ... 'tis infact the same as the Fire Maple FMS-300T but half the price :geek:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

s8tannorm wrote:
Not wishing to p*** on the parade but that stove looks the same as various alternatives e.g. http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-x- ... 012-787169
It looks nowt like the Karrimor X-lite stove ... 'tis infact the same as the Fire Maple FMS-300T but half the price :geek:
To me they both just look like lightweight gas burners with some Ti in them but I take your point.

Is the FM / rebranded AK version likely to do anything particularly different / better? I see the mantle / burner head looks different but wouldn't be able to tell if that's cosmetic or functional. I genuinely ask as they both *look* the same to me in terms of weight, fuel source and potential performance.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

To me they both just look like lightweight gas burners with some Ti in them but I take your point
I suppose they are just both lightweight gas burners with Ti bits ;)

Is the FM / rebranded AK version likely to do anything particularly different / better? I see the mantle / burner head looks different but wouldn't be able to tell if that's cosmetic or functional. I genuinely ask as they both *look* the same to me in terms of weight, fuel source and potential performance.
The Karrimor is stated as having a slightly higher output but packs a bit bigger thanks to the larger head. The AK will have a more focused flame so should be better suited to tall / narrow pots and the stated weights are within a few grams of each other ... so in the real world there's not that much in it.
alpnick

Post by alpnick »

Hi

The Kangas (the new name for the Y-front)will be coming off the production line tomorrow and i'm pretty sure we should have the carbon fiber insert sorted some next week. Either way i'm confident that we can get things sorted by Christmas.

Shortly after we should have the Roo's, which is the front pouch. (see what we did there) These might not be ready for Christmas. Poogies are also on the cards for the new year.

Stoves
Firemaple make loads of stoves for quite a few brands, so we have decided to be very open about what we are doing. When we first did headtorches we bought it for $2 and sold it for a fiver, the same torch was being sold for £20. We are just doing the same thing but with stoves, £25 is a much more reasonable price than the £50 that some retailers are charging for this stove. And the retailers that consistently use the DFS model of inflating a SRP and then discounting need keeping in check, as it doesn't fool anyone.

Cheers

Nick