BB200 Food

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Chew

BB200 Food

Post by Chew »

Thinking about what i'm going to eat next weekend, as there are limited food options enroute.

Usually go for cereal bars and pasties, but what does everyone else go for? Looking for stuff that doesnt need cooking, good calorie/weight ratio, and doesnt mind being kept at room temperature.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: BB200 Food

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I believe pork pies have the highest ratio of calories to weight ... unless you just want to eat lumps of lard. Obviously flapjack would be high on my list of food, chocolate covered peanuts are another.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Nick

Post by Nick »

Saturday tea here:

http://redlionbont.co.uk/PDF/Red%20full%20menu.pdf

Sunday Brunch in Rhayader?
Ian

Post by Ian »

There's a cafe at Coed Trallwm, which is just before the slog back over to Rhayader. Not sure of their opening times at this end of the season, but I'll try and find out.
Chew

Post by Chew »

How convenient... I recon the Red Lion is 90km in so should be there around 7ish, (by my calculations) in time for serving hours.

Although leaving a nice walm pub afterwards my be a bit tricky :?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

There's a cafe at Coed Trallwm, which is just before the slog back over to Rhayader. Not sure of their opening times at this end of the season, but I'll try and find out.
I know they close at 4.30 but don't know what time they open ... do a nice line in cheese+ham toasties and milkshakes ;)
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I was just sorting mine out a couple of hours ago. Got 7,500 calories in 2.4kg but this does include re-hydrating food so an additional 500gm for stove, fuel, lighter and mug. I could save about .5kg by taking 8 energy bars instead of a stove and some space. Or 2 packets of fig rolls. Will decide nearer the weekend.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I think you're right in what you said earlier Kev, that the weather will play a part in whether to carry a stove or not.

For me, nothing beats a brew for raising the spirits if I'm cold or wet or cold and wet ... but then I might have two brews ;)
Nick

Post by Nick »

The cafe at Trallwm doesn't open till noon, would like to think we will be past there by then on Sunday but if it's gone 11 by the time we do I think we'll be waiting for them to open.
royAB

Post by royAB »

Spoke to the 'Red Lion' the other day & apparently there's a concert on Sat night so they're only catering for 150 'guests' of same. Unwashed bikers are not included.....
royAB

Post by royAB »

oops, call was to the BLACK Lion not Red... apologies
Ian

Post by Ian »

As I know the owners of Coed Trallwm, I've emailed them to let them know they'll be bikers passing through early on Sunday. If they decide to open earlier than 12pm, I will post here to let others know.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Update: The cafe at Coed Trallwm will be open from 11am by special arrangement on Sunday. If you happen to pass through after this time, I would encourage you to stop and show your support.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice one Ian, thanks.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I would encourage you to stop and show your support.
You'll also be doing yourself a big favour ... trust me, I know what lies ahead ;)