Swithering over a PHD minimus in the last day of their sale

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

u02sgb

Swithering over a PHD minimus in the last day of their sale

Post by u02sgb »

Not sure, got some overtime the other half said to spend on something nice. I'm very tempted by the Minim 250 (@ 3 degrees C) with the lightweight outer. At £171 it's over 60 quid cheaper than normal and I've heard so many good things about PHD stuff.

http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/product_info ... cts_id=291

I've considered the 350 but I've got an Alpkit PD400 so I think the lighter PHD with a down jacket on/over if it gets a bit chilly. I usually have a silk liner and/or thermals so should be good for non-winter in Scotland I think.

Anyone else use one for Scotland year round?
FLV

Re: Swithering over a PHD minimus in the last day of their s

Post by FLV »

I have a PHD minimus, the 5degree one.

I absolutely love it. I cant speak for that actual product as mine is the standard one but I find PHD's gear to be absolutely first rate and their temp rating to be a 'usable number' (I also have a Diamir bag and one of thier jackets)

I've used it in Scotland at the end of march / beginning of April, may, June. Including in an unexpected snow dump in the cairngorms. All fine with a standard air mat most of the time.
Slept in it in a hooped bivi (without the hoop) in last years below zero BB200 too, I didnt have a mat and was pretty cold but I didn't die.

it's in there (near braemar, Cairngorm):
zigrat

Post by zigrat »

Good kit - I've got the one rated to -5 and had a lovely warm night during the BB200 (but I sleep Really cold)
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

You'll all be pleased to hear you talked me into it :).

Thanks for the info, can't wait 22 days for delivery!