Curse of the BB200 prep (Kemo M172 HELP!)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slowupslowdown-under

Curse of the BB200 prep (Kemo M172 HELP!)

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

Pulled the light wire out of the unit

Ordered another one - what are the chances of it getting to me from Germany by Friday

So gutted its untrue!
ianfitz

Re: Curse of the BB200 prep (Kemo M172 HELP!)

Post by ianfitz »

Oops. I've got a spare V bright magicshine you can borrow. But my experience of getting stuff from Germany in the post is that it often arrives quicker than a uk based supplier.

Fingers crossed
slarge

Post by slarge »

You have nothing to lose than to open the unit and put the wire back in then. Then seal it shut with bathroom sealant (not the one that gives off acetic acid when curing though as that will corrode the insides). Then order a new one if that fails (or sell the broken one to me as I might be in the market for one very soon).
slowupslowdown-under

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

Have taken a scalpel to it and, with the help of 1km of black electrical tape, have managed to get it back to life.

I have ordered another which I hope will come ahead of Friday. Will swop over to be on the safe side and then will send this one on to you Slarge!
royAB

Post by royAB »

A curse indeed - after 2 years of dutiful service my Garmin Etrex 20 'locked up' before Sunday's final shakedown ride - chances of Garmin (surely the world's worst company for software & service) sorting the glitch before Friday? Zero, silch, nyet. Still still not even responded to my plea for help! :evil:

At least it was Sunday, so enough time to get a new one ... :cry:
evilgoat

Post by evilgoat »

My curse happened last night, my wife washed my merino top at 40 degrees. It now exposes a bit of tummy..... :shock:

new one ordered, hoping it arrives before friday.
slarge

Post by slarge »

slowupslowdown - let me know how much you want for it - happy to pay etc.

royab - check out the Garmin forums - they may have some words of wisdom (it's a shame Garmin don't read their own forums as they might be able to fix some software issues). My Garmin 800 locked up and could only be fixed by wiping a bad route or file - I ended up copying all data files to my C drive and reinstalling one by one - a bad route file seemed to be the cause. It is unlikely that your units hardware is knackered.
royAB

Post by royAB »

Cheers slarge - but I've been all over the intertron looking for info but it seems when even the .puter won't 'see' it things are terminal. Go to go back to the Garmin mother ship to blitz their cr***y s.ware. Fortunately I have a back up on both card & laptop - always belt & braces where digits are concerned