Tell me about ..... bumbags/waist bags

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Zippy

Tell me about ..... bumbags/waist bags

Post by Zippy »

So, I've never really explored the use of bumbags/wait bags before. What are people's observations and experiences with these?

My current brief is something to efficiently bring my sandwiches to work in! So it's a 30 minute road commute in, and I'm struggling to get them all in my jersey pockets these days...

I'd also like to be able to fold it up and put it in my jersey pocket for the ride home!

I've done a tiny bit of research and so would like to ask on here before I continue. I found this, which at first glance sounds good. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/omm-waist-pouch/

Thankyou.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Tell me about ..... bumbags/waist bags

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've got the 6l version of that ^ Zippy. Tend to use it quite a lot ... handy for those bits you need within easy reach or for overflow food, etc. The 6l comes with a nice OMM 0.6l bottle.

Nice and light, seems well made and comfy.

There's also the added comedy bonus when riding with Americans when they ask about your fanny pack :shock:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ton

Post by ton »

i use a Pete Bland one. cheap and perfect

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/produc ... tm?brand=1
tommid

Post by tommid »

Swapped from a camelbak to a hip pack some time ago. A wanted ad on STW threw up a number of options.
Ended up getting myself a brand new Northface one for a tenner. As Stu says perfect for a few items you need ready access to, mine will take two bottles, so up to about 1.5l. No sweaty back like with a camelback and no taking it off each time you need something. Also makes the perfect pillow and can be mounted on to my Jones loop bars.
I would never go back to a camelback or similar for cycling.
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Inov8 race pack 3 is the job, very light, Big and robust And folds up to nothing
Atb
Ben
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ben98 wrote:Inov8 race pack 3 is the job, very light, Big and robust And folds up to nothing
Atb
Ben
Hmm, well that was the other one I was considering. I'm impressed with the quality of my only other OMM product I own, and Stu's also recommended OMM stuff.

Price is the same, and there's a marginal difference in weight.

I flip a coin this evening :lol:
Owen

Post by Owen »

I've got both OMM ones, use them mostly for running. Very pleased with them, the laccy strap really cinches them in so they don't bounce around.

The yellow (6l) one is noticeably bigger and has a zipped hip pocket if that makes any difference.