short rde 1 minute film

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: short rde 1 minute film

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I have to say that while I appreciate the sentiment ... *that really comes across a little 'reveal the path' / 'hippydipshit' if you see what I mean ?

*No offence obviously ... it's much better than any film I've ever made.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

A lot of AH's stuff (especially his more recent writing) is like that Stu.

I read his cycling around the world books and found them enjoyable and of a familiar format but his newer stuff seems to be more about "theory" rather than "we went here and did this". He seems to have turned very hippyish!
He's a nice bloke though. Went to one of his London talks. Very inspiring and has done a lot of cool things for someone so young.
I think he's trying to forge a career for himself and make some sort of long term business out of the experiences that he's had by inspiring others and then somehow turning a profit.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A lot of AH's stuff (especially his more recent writing) is like that Stu.

I read his cycling around the world books and found them enjoyable and of a familiar format but his newer stuff seems to be more about "theory" rather than "we went here and did this". He seems to have turned very hippyish!
He's a nice bloke though. Went to one of his London talks. Very inspiring and has done a lot of cool things for someone so young.
I think he's trying to forge a career for himself and make some sort of long term business out of the experiences that he's had by inspiring others and then somehow turning a profit.
I can see how a film like that could inspire people to experience it for themselves ... something that I support 100%.

However, (there's always an however, isn't there ?) I think there's too high a degree of romance which masks the actual realities and could easily skew someones perception and expectations ... it's not all ice cream and yachts ;). I agree about Mr Humphreys books - very good they are.
May the bridges you burn light your way
d45yth

Post by d45yth »

I'm going to see AH at Rheged, Penrith this weekend...I think what he's done travelling wise is great. I'm not too impressed with him getting 'Adventurer of the Year' due to this micro-adventures thing he's done though...I asked some of my mates' if they fancied coming to see him and none of them knew who he was. Out of those I asked, they either camp/bivvy anyway or are keen to do so...a lot more folk know about these type of things through their own interest, mates, forums similar to this, magazines for things they're already interested in or the manufacturers of gear associated with it!

Rant over, sorry. :)
- The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -