Bikepacking awards, your best bit of kit, ever!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rudedog

Re: Bikepacking awards, your best bit of kit, ever!

Post by rudedog »

Vango F10 Helium 200.

Not the best/lightest tent in the world but I bought it on sale about 10 years ago for £110 and it's still going strong.
rollindoughnut

Post by rollindoughnut »

Lake MX303 boots

Feel a bit of a fraud listing them as I'm considering replacing them (the inside lining is torn and the boa dials have been replaced by cable ties), but these boots have done a decade of hard service. They've kept my feet warm in sustained minus 6 - I sized up a whole shoe size and wear two pairs of thick hiking socks. I may have looked a dork with my huge boots and skinny, lycra clad legs, but I went out in all weathers, safe in the knowledge my feet would stay warm.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Decade of hard service with minus 6 conditions thrown in. You'll definitely miss them bad boys (girls.. whatever). Sorry for you're having to replace. Remind me of my Northwaves (though were non winter, they lasted me almost 8 years and I think I hated most of it :lol: ).
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

NB. 8 years of commuting and mtb-ing that is. They were some seriously tough boots which I only realised after finally wearing em out (a little). Always tight around the toes though and hence always looked forward to the day I finally broke em!
Mart

Post by Mart »

Voile straps would be my nomination
They just work lovely, so many uses strapping things down (or up) and I’ve not manage to break any of the ones I have.

Does it’s job with efficiency and ease :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon