SingleSpeed World Championships, Belgium.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

flash

Re: SingleSpeed World Championships, Belgium.

Post by flash »

Is anyone going to Belgium?
I’d love to go. When they held SSEC many moons ago it was fabulous.
I only have a wee car, which means offering someone else a lift isn’t practical, so I was hoping I could get a lift (happy to split costs).
I’m in Bristol but can meet anywhere South…
Cheers
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

flash wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:38 am Is anyone going to Belgium?
I’d love to go. When they held SSEC many moons ago it was fabulous.
I only have a wee car, which means offering someone else a lift isn’t practical, so I was hoping I could get a lift (happy to split costs).
I’m in Bristol but can meet anywhere South…
Cheers
Agreed .. Maredsous was brilliant. I still see the folks fairly regularly (though not since Covid) as I go over in November for Gogo Hellcross, an event held in memory of Hugo.

I am going to SSWC and potentially have room in the van, but I'm in Ludlow and collecting 3 more in Warwick, then heading down the M40 & widdershins around the M25 passed Gatwick.
We're leaving on Thursday evening (19:00 ish in Warwick at a guess) getting the 2am DFDS ferry Dover to Dunkirk and back again on the Sunday 16:00 Ferry.

I have no idea how we'd change ferry bookings or arrange meeting up.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

godivatrailrider wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:46 am
voodoo_simon wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:08 am Llandegla you say?! Might have to pop over to spectate/heckle/cheer :-bd
:-bd
https://www.facebook.com/SSUK2022

The Singlespeed UK Championships will be based at Llandegla Fisheries, riding exclusive trails in the famous Llandegla forest.

A fun full weekend of riding singlespeed mountain bikes, good food, live music, entertainment and a few trade stands.

Prizes for best fancy dress, least appropriate bike and much more....and maybe even a prize for the winners !

Children welcome and actively encouraged to torment riders !

All proceeds to Mountain Rescue
Cheers for the info, hopefully I’ll be able to make it over
flash

Post by flash »

Godivatrailrider. I’ve messaged you… :-bd
godivatrailrider

This was Godiva Trailriders at Maredsous, SSEC 2011 .... I'm the blonde beauty in the fat suit

We stayed an extra day, this is us with the Singlespeed Belgique crew, the organisers of this year SSWC
godivatrailrider

SSWC didn't disappoint ! Had a brilliant time, drank too much, didn't eat enough, some stiff riding and thick heads. And the BB bear t-shirt was in attendance !
Filetagebelge

Post by Filetagebelge »

Hello,

Does anyone have a GPX track for the SSWC in Belgium that they could share? If the course is nice, I might go down there and ride it on my own later this month.
I really wanted to go this year, but it was a mate's stag do that weekend. We went clay pigeon shooting, so I discovered a new thing that I'm sh1t at.

Cheers,
Johnny
godivatrailrider

it's like 7km .... unless you live in Herbeumont, it's not worth the drive! It was good for the race, but that was with the double beer stop, and the camaraderie of it being the Worlds ... without that it'd be a short lap