OCD Q: 3 bolt forks or not!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

OCD Q: 3 bolt forks or not!

Post by redefined_cycles »

Getting some Travers Boost Prongs (EVO I'll have you know) and the only reason to go for the 3 bolt versions is to try and get em holding their value. I'll most likely not be attaching anything to the fork legs...

Any equally obsessive folks on here like to share thier thoughts and processes please... :sad:
Johnallan

Re: OCD Q: 3 bolt forks or not!

Post by Johnallan »

I personally try to only buy things I actually want and plan to keep for ever, or at least a very long time.

Buying something I don't want (or with features I don't need) to please a potential future owner wouldn't even cross my mind
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Johnallan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:34 pm I personally try to only buy things I actually want and plan to keep for ever, or at least a very long time.

Buying something I don't want (or with features I don't need) to please a potential future owner wouldn't even cross my mind
That.

See also; long steerers, hoses and cables. Just cut them to size, sod this "easier to sell" nonsense.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What do you have to lose by having them? They provide an option you wouldn't otherwise have ... what's not to like?
May the bridges you burn light your way
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:35 pm What do you have to lose by having them? They provide an option you wouldn't otherwise have ... what's not to like?
Added weight? :wink: :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Added weight?
Give over, 6 M5 holes must be at least a gram :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

What do you have to lose by having them? They provide an option you wouldn't otherwise have ... what's not to like?
The unsmooth look Stu and the thought in the head that 'maybe I should use them'. But you have a point.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Added weight?
Give over, 6 M5 holes must be at least a gram :wink:
How's that lightweight carbon pole coming along? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ton

Post by ton »

fucking heck, i am having a meltdown now. my firestarters have got at least twelvty bolts................ :o :o

https://www.bikemonger.co.uk/salsa-fire ... 4563-p.asp
FLV

Post by FLV »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:29 pm
Johnallan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:34 pm I personally try to only buy things I actually want and plan to keep for ever, or at least a very long time.

That.

See also; long steerers, hoses and cables. Just cut them to size, sod this "easier to sell" nonsense.
I leave steerers and hoses a bit long as I have a habit of moving stuff from bike to bike
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

FLV wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:58 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:29 pm

That.

I leave steerers and hoses a bit long as I have a habit of moving stuff from bike to bike
I have ludicrously long hoses and cables on my Pact but that's because I swapped out the Jones bars and I'm a lazy sod! :lol: