Nah then.....

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Chisel

Nah then.....

Post by Chisel »

Cheers for the 'in' Stuart :-bd
Another greenhorn saddle tramp here.
I've been using a Bearbones pole for a few years and a good while ago a mucka called Shewie joined here.

So that's me.... I've been slowly leaning towards bikepacking and am ready to saddle my iron horse for some new experiences away from my fastpacking (more fatpacking) style treks.

My old trek fx 7.2 is Currently stabled in Barnsley, and since moving here, I've discovered no end of bridleways and the TPT to get me away for an overnighter or longer.

That's it for nah... Plenty to do... Never enough time.
Sithee :wink:
ImageLangpitch by Run_Hike_Sleep_Repeat, on Flickr
benp1

Re: Nah then.....

Post by benp1 »

Welcome over mate. Lots of cross over between stuff here and stuff on Trek Lite
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Welcome. Looks like you're in the target demographic age-wise :lol:
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

benp1 wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 12:35 pm Welcome over mate. Lots of cross over between stuff here and stuff on Trek Lite
Cheers Benp1... I'm an Ex Treklite member and now my hoss has just killed my base weight ๐Ÿ˜‚ :grin:
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

woodsmith wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 12:39 pm Welcome. Looks like you're in the target demographic age-wise :lol:
Cheers.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

G'day. I reckon you will fit right in and love it here. We've all made piles of great mates through this forum.

If he is paying attention, Reg may pop along shortly to dazzle us with his wit, eloquence and perspicacity. Hang on: REG REG REG REG REG REG ... that should do it.

And what's that stove in your pic? Looks interesting, very light and very stable.
I'm just going outside ...
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Cheers....lookin forad to blending in, rather than standing out (I'll let my love of orange or lime kit to do that ๐Ÿ˜‚)

The windsheild is part of my old multifuel set up and my 2nd selection for heavyweight cook/brew kit.

It's very efficient with esbit and the large volume works well for my yerba mate brew.
ImageYerba mate by Run_Hike_Sleep_Repeat, on Flickr
It was made by a bloke who's 'under the sod' now.

I sold it years ago, and was recently reunited with it. I reckon it's weight penalty will balance out as I can use esbit, meths or wood with it.

TheBrownDog wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 1:38 pm G'day. I reckon you will fit right in and love it here. We've all made piles of great mates through this forum.

If he is paying attention, Reg may pop along shortly to dazzle us with his wit, eloquence and perspicacity. Hang on: REG REG REG REG REG REG ... that should do it.

And what's that stove in your pic? Looks interesting, very light and very stable.
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Just watching the yodel tracker.... See if I can upgrade my tubes ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
ImageKeep on rollin said Mr Durst by Run_Hike_Sleep_Repeat, on Flickr
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Welcome! Another occasional Treklite poster here (post as Bob_W). The two forums are very similar in ethos and tone so you'll fit right in :-bd

That looks like a Caldera Cone to me if I'm not mistaken*

*which is usually the case :grin:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

TheBrownDog wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 1:38 pm that should do it
Yep, very warm welcome! You'll certainly fit in hirsutenesswise too :-bd . Trouble is now you're in, you're stuck. It's like a one-way trapdoor. No-one can escape the clutches of the BBB squid. Many have tried and all have failed (*). MWAH-HA-HA :YMDEVIL: :roll: .

(*) ah no, there was one wasn't there :wink: . Then again, they might have been sliced to ribbons by the giant rotating chainring just before the exit, can't remember.

Fastpacking? Fatpacking? Hmm, more like Fartpacking here I reckon.
Oh noooo, don't start Tim on stoves! On the other hand, DO start Tim on stoves. Bloke knows more than anyone in the universe on stoves.

Very impressive helmet on the end of your pole incidentally.....

What sort of chisel are we talking about here by the way? Love a nice hand tool me.
Last edited by RIP on Mon May 23, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

whitestone wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 2:03 pm Welcome! Another occasional Treklite poster here (post as Bob_W). The two forums are very similar in ethos and tone so you'll fit right in :-bd

That looks like a Caldera Cone to me if I'm not mistaken*

*which is usually the case :grin:
Cheers Bob, if it makes you feel any better..... Yup... Thas wrong... But almost right. Its a caldera knock off by the man who made a living selling knock offs of one kind or another whilst sagging caldera ๐Ÿ˜‚
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Cheers RIP (I'm missing Yellowstone)

Aye... Fartpacking occasionally falls into my accolades... Depending on how many ales I've packed into the belly frame bag ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Aye my helmet is impressive and my pole can go unnoticed till its out and stood proud ๐Ÿค”

As for chisel.... Any sharp chisel without a mushroom apart from wood chisels... Building things was never my thing... But dismantling with chisels rather than spanners and gas axes...or reducing things to rubble.... Then the cap fits.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I try to keep away from. Stove talk... Spent a lot of years and fuel on finding what works best for me and best for the trip.... (again without mushrooms ๐Ÿ˜‚ )
RIP wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 2:04 pm
TheBrownDog wrote: โ†‘Mon May 23, 2022 1:38 pm that should do it
Yep, very warm welcome! You'll certainly fit in hirsutenesswise too :-bd . Trouble is now you're in, you're stuck. It like a one-way trapdoor. No-one can escape the clutches of the bikepacking squid. Many have tried and all have failed. MWAH-HA-HA :YMDEVIL: :roll: .

Fastpacking? Fatpacking? Hmm, more like Fartpacking here I reckon.
Oh noooo, don't start Tim on stoves! On the other hand, DO start Tim on stoves. Bloke knows more than anyone in the universe on stoves.

Very impressive helmet on the end of your pole incidentally.....

What sort of chisel are we talking about here by the way? Love a nice hand tool me.