does this, ap-peel.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ledburner

does this, ap-peel.

Post by ledburner »

this may resonate with a few folk with their outer left field indie music tastes.

House clearence Old vinyl & memorabilia may be worth a few Bob, includes a few Peeling sleeve notes
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
RIP

Re: does this, ap-peel.

Post by RIP »

"“We had no desire to split up his beloved record collection but have included in the sale a selection of particularly rare or unique records that do not take away from the integrity of his archive.”

Hmm, the two halves of the sentence don't quite tally for me :wink: . If you don't desire to split it up, don't split it up.

Mrs Perrin keeps asking me who's going to want my collection of zillions of early 60's platters. I always tell her I've no desire to split it up. Trouble is, as with any collection of stuff from a stiff (sorry) it's always the poor kids who have to work out what to do with it, and it's rarely likely they will have anything like the interest in it that the original collector had.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
woodsmith

Re: does this, ap-peel.

Post by woodsmith »

For me , like many others on here i Suspect, listening to John Peel late at night and getting up knackered for school the next morning was a masive part of my adolescence. I'd like to have seen his record collection kept complete and saved for the nation somehow. But at the same time I can't blame his family for cashing in on some of the more valuable stuff. Hard to beleive its almost twenty years since he died.